Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JUDGE DREDD RESTO

Collapse

Post your DMD Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUDGE DREDD RESTO

With a cold and wet winter in Melb (and strict lockdown rules), forcing me to postpone my landscaping, I recently got onto this JD restoration and thought I'd share my work. Full cabinet restore and playfield strip down, clean and rebuild - about 80-100hrs of work.

The machine was purchased from Joel (Jaybee) in Sept 2019 and was a true original condition blank canvass in excellent nick. Most would be happy, and nothing wrong with the way it looked and played but I wanted that bit extra, as usual.

Stage 1 - completely strip all components from cabinet & head box.

Stage 2 - restore/detail or replace all removed items where necessary. Rust/corrosion removal off metal parts and re-paint and/or polish. All wiring and plastic items get washed/cleaned. Legs, rails and lockdown bar in for electroplating.

Stage 3 - completely strip artwork off cabinet and headbox. Sand, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, etc, then paint black ready for new decal application.

Stage 4 - apply new artwork and replace all restored components into the cabinet and headbox, except for playfield. LED’s into light board in headbox.

Stage 5 - strip down/dismantle everything from top of playfield. Playfield gets cleaned and polished and everything else gets restored/detailed or replaced. Underneath playfield, all mechs are removed and cleaned/polished, coils get new sleeves, flippers get re-built and LED’s go in. Playfield returns to cabinet with a few tasteful mods installed, then play testing and any issues addressed.

I am up to Stage 5 now after 44hrs of time spent on her.

Might want to try doing something with that center target in the 5 target drop bank. Christ that idea was rubbish and loved chewing through parts. Actually let me re-phrase that, cool idea just very badly designed using very flimsy parts.
    We had two Judge Dredds that were NIB and after two years on site looking after them, I was so glad to see them gone. I liked the machine as it's a great players game with shots everywhere but those targets just kept on breaking.

Comment

Looks good mate but really, the things you do to get the outta work around the house. I'm taking notes when I'm asked to start the upstairs bathroom renno. How's it go again, 'I gotta do a cabinet resto honey, bathrooms gotta wait'

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
        Might want to try doing something with that center target in the 5 target drop bank. Christ that idea was rubbish and loved chewing through parts. Actually let me re-phrase that, cool idea just very badly designed using very flimsy parts.
        We had two Judge Dredds that were NIB and after two years on site looking after them, I was so glad to see them gone. I liked the machine as it's a great players game with shots everywhere but those targets just kept on breaking.
        Cheers, will definitely look at it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pinball god View Post
          Looks good mate but really, the things you do to get the outta work around the house. I'm taking notes when I'm asked to start the upstairs bathroom renno. How's it go again, 'I gotta do a cabinet resto honey, bathrooms gotta wait'
          I know mate, it's like that. The inside of my house is now complete, as is 95% off the landscaping, so when the weather is wet, I just come in and work in the garage.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X