Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Collapse

Post your DMD Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom bits and pieces. Will try and update as I go.

Good to be back in the groove... Click image for larger version

Name:	20200511_161726.jpg
Views:	22545
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	2131955

I'm sure this has been said before KJS . Do you have time to actually sleep?

Comment

Lol!

You, Robm and Dedrok make me look slow the way you guys punch out fix ups!!

Your Meteor looks awesome btw.

Here is the Click image for larger version  Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1579748164590.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	2132058 translite with real moving vinyl at 33rpm.

Comment

Hoping to get 20 hours over the weekend into this project.

Part of the customising was I asked Scott to ditch the drac assy mounts that are fugly in the middle of the playfield.
        Made up some custom mounts this arvo and tested with my home brew power supply..all good.

Custom plastics are a bit sepia so going for a reprint hopefully more greyscale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200515_155105.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	2132799 Click image for larger version

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1589352392364_6666227096701998265.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	2132800 Click image for larger version

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1589352318562_6666226787156951142.jpeg
Views:	394
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	2132801

Comment

Totally awesome as always!

Comment

Thanks Stuzza..you Ghoul ! Click image for larger version

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1589224447844_6665690458490295318.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	2132885

Comment

Good to see you back in the groove
              http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by KJS View Post
                Custom plastics are a bit sepia so going for a reprint hopefully more greyscale.
                This! Finally someone who understands what I've been saying about B&W remakes for years now.
                - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

This is going to be awesome, can’t wait to see the finished product

Comment

Bit held up now waiting for plastics.

Lots of custom changes. The flasher dome stack took me a few hours alone, two more to do.

4 days off now due to work cutbacks, may do some pinsound work this weekend.

Working on a few titles doing ramp decals for the metal ramps and custom translites as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200521_142602.jpg Views:	0 Size:	301.7 KB ID:	2134319

Comment

I like the pop bumper toppers - they're awesome!! You're creativity never ceases to amaze

Well done mate!

Comment

sooooo cool
                        "Lost in the Zone"

Comment

Thanks to the state of play at the moment, I'm only working 3 days a week. Good and bad.

Hopefully the playfield meets the cab tomorrow!

Lots of tweaking lighting option Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_124457.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	2136772 s and mods at the moment.

f knows why the pic is mid sentence..sorry!

Comment

Its alive....well sort of

Had my first game last night glass off and still couldnt get a good score! Big thanks to Trav for last minute board fix due to my bad eyes and pictures and coil wiring mistake. Cant believe it, blaming old age now I'm 50.

Playfield tweaks now, couple more additions like the missing knocker, tv mod, apron art etc and setting up the translite functions. Working on the pinsound mix and shaker mapping.

I reckon it will be completed in a week or two and will post a video up on youtube.

TGIF..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200604_181524.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	2138143

Comment

Jesus Kurt, what a project. I've had a quick glance at this thread before but looking at those pics closely, amazing. Scott's work as usual, just unbelievable. Taking the risk to do something like this 'out of left field' was admirable - like the Stranger Things you have going too (I played an LE of this title last week and surprisingly liked it). Anyway, unfortunately too far away to actually see this in person but I can imagine. I love the colours of the original Monster Bash but this really works. I recently saw a black & white Munsters Premium in the flesh and really liked that too. It's something that just suits the theme and era of the title, like you have done here.

The problem with your creativity, talent and skills, it makes most of us look bad. So cut it out! 😀 My creativity limit is replacing the original blue decals on a LW3 and TFTC with black ones!

A huge 'WELL DONE' on this machine and I look forward to seeing more pics and vid.

Cheers, Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X