Am I crazy? TZ Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy? TZ Project

I'm getting ready to embark on a new project, restoring a TZ that was in a natural disaster.

The buddy I got the TZ from has restored several that were in the same flood as this one, and unless someone told you, you'd never know..

Cabinet bottom was replaced

Came with a spare, partially wired PF

The playfields are cleaning up nicely

The mini

The main

2nd Mini has graining issues

2nd main, not bad but not as nice as the first

Mini fields side by side

Main playfields, side by side

Going to drill both playfields for 3rd magnets and send them off to have the 3rd magnet artwork painted on and clearcoated, evaluating options here now as the restorer I normally use is getting quite expensive and is not accepting new work right now. May send them to different restorers.

I have lined up pretty much all the parts I will need for this restoration, and will have some spares when completed - but the playfields will take at least 6 months for just the restoration work alone.

Bless the lord for sending so much rain so as to supply you with this restore
    The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

OMG! Thats alot of dirt!

Comment

Now that's something to sink your teeth into !!

Keep the updates coming John.
        We are the largest supplier of Pinball Ramps in Australia.
        Distributors for CPR, Pinball Inc, Planetary Pinball, Starship-Fantasy, Ball Baron, Pincore, Cliffy Protectors, Superbands
        http://http://www.rtbb.com.au/
        http://https://www.facebook.com/RideTheBoneyBeast

Comment

Did you get a high pressure hose onto that mofo?

Comment

It was realy a vegie garden in its former life
            The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davefjedi View Post
              It was realy a vegie garden in its former life
              No, you mean some idiot thought it would make a good garden pot.

recyling is good mmm K

Comment

WOW! Was there much cracking from the plywood through the paintwork?
                Third magnet would be nice, look forward to seeing the finished product
                sigpic

Comment

No you're not crazy but you have too much spare time

Have fun with this one..

Comment

WOW is there are health issues

Sewage in the flood water

that it one hell of a project

Comment

The graining issue, what are your thoughts on restoring that mini playfield. Or is that the best you can expect?

Comment

I've had playfields with graining problems repaired before. Pretty much has to be nearly an entire repaint - grind the graining areas down, lay down new artwork, clearcoat.

The mini PF may not be cost effective to repair, but I only need one! I am gonna get a quote regardless!

Originally posted by Cirqus4u View Post
                        Did you get a high pressure hose onto that mofo?
                        It cleaned the easiest by just getting it a tiny bit damp on top of the dirt, then rubbing. It came off in chunks mostly.

I imagine if you soaked it, it would be much worse. The idea is to get the dirt off while keeping the playfield as dry as possible.

Strangely, it didn't warp any when it got wet. Underside of the PF is fine, will lightly sand to get all the dust and dirt off.

Originally posted by ktm450 View Post
                        WOW! Was there much cracking from the plywood through the paintwork?
                        Third magnet would be nice, look forward to seeing the finished product
                        Only on one of the mini playfields, and apparently TZ mini playfields grain like that pretty normally
                        Last edited by johnwartjr; 13th September 2008, 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

For the mini pf you can check out to have a decal printed with the artwork on it ?

Then just sand down the mini pf so it's smooth, clearcoat/varnish and put the decal with artwork on it. If it's a good quality print then no-one will see the difference or notice any difference whilst playing. Probably won't cost extremely much as it's a small decal too.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwartjr View Post
                            I've had playfields with graining problems repaired before. Pretty much has to be nearly an entire repaint - grind the graining areas down, lay down new artwork, clearcoat.

The mini PF may not be cost effective to repair, but I only need one! I am gonna get a quote regardless!

It cleaned the easiest by just getting it a tiny bit damp on top of the dirt, then rubbing. It came off in chunks mostly.

I imagine if you soaked it, it would be much worse. The idea is to get the dirt off while keeping the playfield as dry as possible.

Strangely, it didn't warp any when it got wet. Underside of the PF is fine, will lightly sand to get all the dust and dirt off.

Only on one of the mini playfields, and apparently TZ mini playfields grain like that pretty normally
                            Could you please post your findings/quote on the graining playfield as I it would be interesting to see how you go

Originally posted by Aeneas View Post
                            For the mini pf you can check out to have a decal printed with the artwork on it ?

Then just sand down the mini pf so it's smooth, clearcoat/varnish and put the decal with artwork on it. If it's a good quality print then no-one will see the difference or notice any difference whilst playing. Probably won't cost extremely much as it's a small decal too.
                            Thanks for that will have a look now at the link
                            Last edited by pinball god; 13th September 2008, 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X