My baby is back Cactus Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby is back Cactus Canyon

it has taken 9 months and then some to get this playfield re done.
    you should have seen it when I sent it over. It has had 5 coats of clear added too. cant wait to put it back together. I have already re decaled the cabinet and have new ramps and plastics ectectect to add.

this is one for my personal collection

and yes the panel van behind it is mine too.
    Last edited by markc; 8th March 2008, 06:46 PM.

Originally posted by markc View Post
    it has taken 9 months and then some to get this playfield re done.
    you should have seen it when I sent it over. It has had 5 coats of clear added too. cant wait to put it back together. I have already re decaled the cabinet and have new ramps and plastics ectectect to add.

this is one for my personal collection

and yes the panel van behind it is mine too.
    You've restored the playfield, now restore the van

Matthew

Comment

looks great!
      where did you send it mark and what sort of $ is an exercise like that?

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Looks great Mark. Do you have any photo of the playfield before?
          Always interested in buying Sega EM (1966-1976) arcade games, parts & paperwork

Comment

That looks real nice Mark, it's going to come up a treat!! Don't forget to do a full restoration thread with lots of pictures showing YOU putting it all back together

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by felixthadog View Post
              You've restored the playfield, now restore the van

Matthew

yes mate the van starts this week

should be running by the weekend !!!

Comment

What about around the holes tho? Or do these parts get covered so there was no need?

sorry I am 1 anal SOB.
                Last edited by LOTR4U; 4th February 2008, 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by stuba View Post
                  looks great!
                  where did you send it mark and what sort of $ is an exercise like that?

Hi Stuba

there is normally a wait list , this person has a 2 year wait list
                  Its not worth doing unless you plan on keeping it. I know another member here who has done a few of these and they are FANTASIC but will we ever get out money back ... thats the question. I am not doing this for the money this is a keeper for me. I want a few pins to show what I used to do.

there is a place in the USA thats does them I was was quoted around $900.00 PLUS and shipping was ontop and clear coating wasnt included either. I had mine done here in Australia

mark

Originally posted by dj10555 View Post
                  Looks great Mark. Do you have any photo of the playfield before?

yes mate I have a few

I will do a detailed list and pictures on the web site when its done

mark

Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
                  That looks real nice Mark, it's going to come up a treat!! Don't forget to do a full restoration thread with lots of pictures showing YOU putting it all back together

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

of course John I will take pictures I already have close to 100 of it

will make a nice page on my web site

and will load them up here

mark

Originally posted by Cirqus4u View Post
                  Are those the before pics mark or after?

Sorry mis read.

What about around the holes tho? Or do these parts get covered so there was no need?
                  yes have both pictures

wait till you see it back together with new ramps new plastics new decals ect ect ect.

as I have said this is for my personal collection and is not for sale
                  It will take time and I will updat pictures as I go

mark

will load more pictures tomorrow
                  I have taken 2 off due to size
                  I will resize them and put them back up

mark
                  Last edited by markc; 4th February 2008, 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice Mark, You must have been pumped when you saw that for the first time.

EEEXXEELLEEENNTTT

DEAN MORGAN

Looking for a good Klondike pinball

Comment

Nice one Mark - I heard you sent that one over after someone had butchered some earlier attempts!

Leanne does a wonderful job - she basically repainted a Centaur playfield that had nearly half its paint missing for me. She also did major work on my Paragon and Meteor before they were clear coated.

Shame she only does it part time now

cheers
                      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ballywannabe View Post
                        Nice one Mark - I heard you sent that one over after someone had butchered some earlier attempts!

Leanne does a wonderful job - she basically repainted a Centaur playfield that had nearly half its paint missing for me. She also did major work on my Paragon and Meteor before they were clear coated.

cheers
                        Ian

hi Ian

yes mate I couldnt be happier. I have seen lots of her work.
                        Very Very happy. and yes wish she did it full time.

it was pretty bad when I sent it over. well VERY BAD is the word. but its a keeper and well worth it. such a low production of them.

mark

Comment

cheers
                          Ian

hi Ian

yes mate I couldnt be happier. I have seen lots of her work.
                          Very Very happy. and yes wish she did it full time.

it was pretty bad when I sent it over. well VERY BAD is the word. but its a keeper and well worth it. such a low production of them.

mark

ps I have added a picture of some of the damage
                          you can see the wood
                          it was cracked all over and paint missing
                          in this picture its looks ok but close up IT WAS BAD
                          Last edited by markc; 8th March 2008, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Mark

it is very hard to show damage up in photos - that is why buying long distance off Ebay is very scary unless you can trust the seller!

Glad you are happy with the Cactus - bet you cannot wait to get all the bits back together.

cheers
                            Ian

Comment

Hi Mark

it is very hard to show damage up in photos - that is why buying long distance off Ebay is very scary unless you can trust the seller!

yes when I first got pictures of this one from OS ( person not a member here) it didnt look that bad but once you looked close up, the playfield was cracked all over and had lifting. Unless you are told or the seller is honest you wont see them.

but I am more than happy with what it owes me and whast has been done so far

will be happier when its finished

mark

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X