Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

No Fear Decals

Well done mate. Love the time lapse vid, it's a great way to show work progress.

The decals on later model B/W seems way easier to remove with a heat gun than early model WPC. I've never been game to use a belt sander.

Keep the updates coming.

Yes, a roller.

Easy as and super smooth.

Head box and edges of cab will be sprayed with a can.

There was a second coat and more sanding after this.

Look for the visit from a mate, a dog and my daughter all wanting to get in on the restore.

• 2 weeks later...

No video today.

Set up the outside spray booth.

Had a few dramas with the paint.

Could not buy the paint I used last time.

In the end came up alright.

Varnished the inside base instead of painting.

Next weekend the decals.5df8002dfeb6786c37acaee618819211.jpg7c801a53f4ec22404835c8a28d777071.jpg0d871bbec8ce0189301600bd0de4ae26.jpg30c0009e5e03a20b2e719ea1be3dbc27.jpg55dbf1a15fb433df55c668080bb91cd3.jpg

AKA George

• 2 weeks later...
Wow , Decals look impressive, almost as impressive as the song in the background by Missing Persons ! That songs older than the pinball !! Keep up the good work, its looking teriffic.

What a song from the @KJS playlist on repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Tips from my second cabinet restore.

1. Rolling is easier than spraying but had to rub it back due to the little imperfections it leaves even with a foam roller.

2. The foam rollers don't like oil based paints and fall to bits.

3. The belt sander was a great idea but make sure you get a grit that doesn't rip and tear.

4. I hate bog. It shits me. It's like pleasing yourself with a handful of wet sand. Starts out great and then starts to dry and you go faster but you just cant get it right and then you start again.

5. When bogging around the leg holes use a coil sleeve. It fits perfect in the hole and slides straight out when you are finished leaving a perfect hole.

6. Green ants hurt when they bite your feet because you are spraying in the back yard.

7. Learn how to spray paint you dick head or you will be sanding for a long time. ( I am a boilermaker by trade. Say no more)

8. Wet and dry sandpaper is your friend. The paint had all orange peel through it but a bit of water and elbow grease it can up flat and shiny. Thanks @TUF-427 for the advice.

9. Have a wooden door plug screwed in place to put on front decal on.

10. Use a felt covered applicator to put the decals on dry. Thanks @KJS for the expertise and knowledge in this area. The decals came up a treat.

11. Youtube is like The Block. It can't be done in 5 mins.

Next weekend hopefully get her all back together.

You can see the orange peel in the first 2 photos and then the last 2 you can see how smooth the wet and dry with a bit of water got it.

You can see the reflection of the car.

Roughed it up again before the decals went on.97ca6595e849014c734c7b237dbc5b8a.jpg8f0d45a3588d98e78e4a14c097c147d2.jpgafa05ed0150b36f640b1a3d31073041d.jpgd0b88e67c06277be70fd18b949bda1c1.jpg

AKA George

4. I hate bog. It shits me. It's like pleasing yourself with a handful of wet sand. Starts out great and then starts to dry and you go faster but you just cant get it right and then you start again.

5. When bogging around the leg holes use a coil sleeve. It fits perfect in the hole and slides straight out when you are finished leaving a perfect hole.

I gotta say George....these lines are right up there when you have no idea what the topic is....

The boss thought I was laughing at the joke he was telling me until I turned and said "What did you say - I was stuck reading line 4...."

Don't most Bogs start around the leg area?

I gotta say George....these lines are right up there when you have no idea what the topic is....

The boss thought I was laughing at the joke he was telling me until I turned and said "What did you say - I was stuck reading line 4...."

Don't most Bogs start around the leg area?

You are the only one that picked up on my comment.

AKA George

• Administrators

I agree using dry method for decals. I use a pair of cotton gloves to apply decals dry and it works a treat. I could never understand why people introduce water to a process that can be done dry.

To each their oven i guess, wet seems to come up OK as well if it is done propoerly so I call it a matter of personal preference.

Poo jokes are good.

Nice job.

Dave