TAF from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAF from scratch

You can never put up enough pictures of a build like this.......just saying......

Dave
    Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

fantastic work, will watch with interest

Comment

Wow, projects don't come much bigger than this. I'm sure it will look amazing and looking forward to the updates

Comment

Liking the idea of the black mechs ,

Comment

Im pretty sure Timbo does new cabinets and backbox fully decaled and earth braided etc etc if you wanted it to be; or plain. Im excited to see the progress, great stuff
            Open the door carefully: things are not as they seem! With a pinball that isn't, flippers that aren't, and a clock that's not, keep telling yourself it's only a game

In: Diner - Whirlwind - Rollergames
            Out: DH, RS, FT, WH20, JB, HS2, TZ, FH, ES, CFTBL, Captain Fantastic, Royal Flush, EATPM

Comment

I have an Addams in the same 'graveyard'......Hoping this thread motivates me to get it started.

I think I like the black, will wait to see it on the playfield.
              Wanted: Harlem Globetrotters Pinball

Comment

Bookcase assembled from scratch with new ir boards wired up. Yes, it would have made sense to have different coloured wires for the top and bottom.. Anyway, have plenty of pic's and colour coded things with cable ties..
                Also had the turntable facing the wrong way lol, guess this is what happens when you have never seen one before !

Question - Can anyone advise if there is suppose to be a saddle or clamp supporting the bookcase cable's (the IR board ones)? Seems odd to not have these supported with anything but the solder connection's. I have some corro tube to go over them but still..

Comment

Massive task. Great admiration for ya & top job so far. Will watch this for sure.

Comment

Sunday night progress..

Ordered the wrong sling switches. Thought they were all the same, so only looked up the first sling part number I found and ordered 4 of. Of course this was the only one that was different to the rest, so had to turn 3 of them around.

Comment

New hand for the Thing mech I got second hand, serviced the wiring loom as well before installing.

Hooked it up to my 12v power supply to check the switch setting, everything worked well and I just had to adjust the shaft trigger thing slightly but looks good!

Done a heap of fiddling around with other mech's and stuff, but this was the main accomplishment.

Q: The back of the Thing steel ball box doesn't have mounting screws, it looks like it slots into something, does anyone know how this works?

Comment

Yep, 2 tech screws on front edge. There is a channel piece that screws in from behind playfield. Thing box the holds in the channel.
                        Can picture and send this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Had to remove it anyway [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by razor View Post
                              What’s your plan for the wiring harnesses, have you bought second hand or are you wiring the machine from scratch? Either way freakin awesome project

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
                              I have a TAF p/f wiring loom which I think is all there. It was cut out off the original machine though, so I will have to marry it up to a different headbox loom I got for it.

Originally posted by Turbo27 View Post
                              Had to remove it anyway [emoji3]

Awesome pic's Turbo, thanks heaps !!!
                              I recognise that part (in a box here somewhere..), and now I know were it goes !!

While you are at it could you give me the dimensions of the back panel? Can you also confirm if it has any cutouts or things in it other then just being a straight piece of timber?
                              Last edited by FLEX; 26th March 2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X