Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TAF from scratch

Collapse

Post your DMD Pinball Project pictures and logs here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lovin' your work [MENTION=4287]FLEX[/MENTION]

few questions...
    1. replacing the blue metal flaps for the ramps, where did you get the mushroom head rivets?
    2. are they aluminium? zinc plated brass?
    3. the bookcase? on the circle that rotates? where you made the bracket....there are some what look like mini metal posts.
    4. are they mini metal posts?
    5. do they go through the playfield with a nut on the other side or self tapping?
    6. can you please tell me the height from the base of the post where it sits on the playfield to the tip of the post?
    7. can you give me a part number for them please?
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      lovin' your work [MENTION=4287]FLEX[/MENTION]

few questions...
      1. replacing the blue metal flaps for the ramps, where did you get the mushroom head rivets?
      2. are they aluminium? zinc plated brass?
      3. the bookcase? on the circle that rotates? where you made the bracket....there are some what look like mini metal posts.
      4. are they mini metal posts?
      5. do they go through the playfield with a nut on the other side or self tapping?
      6. can you please tell me the height from the base of the post where it sits on the playfield to the tip of the post?
      7. can you give me a part number for them please?
      Cheers
      No worries Rich!;

1. I got these from PSPA, part number 07-6688-18N rivet 3/16 x 1/8 nickel
      2. Nickel plated brass I assume
      3. If you mean the post's on the actual turntable then yes they are, part number 02-4003 from the manual
      4. yes, see above
      5. They go through the turntable and have nuts underneath.
      6. Cant right now, but just go with the above part number and you should be sweet.
      Anything else let me know
      Last edited by FLEX; 14 May 2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Had to make the plastic for the Thing ramp, once again just used a piece of acrylic from Bunnings and tried to replicate the original off images etc;

Wiring done and installed.

Had to make a loom for the wireform switch and flasher, tidy up a few things here and there as well.
        I think I just have to install the apron decals, fit the thing, and maybe I am done...?

Comment

P/F DONE !!!

Just need to track down that left ramp wire gate bracket (looks like Marco's may have one that should work), tidy up (few cable ties) the wiring underneath, and its on to the cab!

Man, completely underestimated just how much work this would be, even though I have done big restore's before, this was on a whole other level.
          Not out of the weed's yet though as the cab still needs to be done, but these are fairly generic and straight forward, unlike the p/f.

Anyone know were this wire form goes, in one of the subway's perhaps?

Time for a big cleanup lol !!

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone advise me what are the correct flipper button switches for a TAF (part number)? They dont reference them in the manual, and in the TAF Gold manual they reference the switches but they are the opto version.
          I do have some spare opto switches though, is it worth using these instead?

Comment

Wire form goes up the back near the thing eject
            Sits flat on the playfield

Only just installed it myself the other day[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TAF from scratch

Hang on.. my bad
              That fits inside the subway before it enters the swamp... allows balls to go down the subway only one way

I have not cleaned this yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing work [MENTION=4287]FLEX[/MENTION]

Are you building the cab from scratch as well? Pretty sure you've done that before so that should be a piece of cake.
                I have propelled the ball along the proper trajectory and been rewarded

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                  Amazing work [MENTION=4287]FLEX[/MENTION]

Are you building the cab from scratch as well? Pretty sure you've done that before so that should be a piece of cake.
                  Thanks mate!
                  If that turns out to be the only option than yeah, I will tackle another full build, but fingers crossed for an alternative though..

Sent from my Pixel using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

amazing work ! I want to see what happens when it's all connected up & the power turned on, with so much wiring work done, hope it's all in the correct place!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty daz View Post
                      amazing work ! I want to see what happens when it's all connected up & the power turned on, with so much wiring work done, hope it's all in the correct place!
                      Me to !!

I will have plenty of spare fuse's at the ready

Comment

Wow what an amazing read this thread was! Thanks for all the details, i'm sure they will be very handy for those doing repairs in the future.

Comment

One day I wouldnt mind taking up the challenge.

Comment

The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

Kudos and absolutely awesome work for a cracker game - That's the best I can say.
                              http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Just waiting for some parts to show up, and ordered some timber for the cab build. Thought I would have ago printing something to assist the ball moving through the swamp ( I have heard it can slow things down, and even have ball hangups).
                                First couple of trials went pear shaped, but I was just trying to be to tricky with those I think. Dumbed it right down, with a screw in either end to hold it in place (no drilling needed though), and boom !!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X