Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adelaide Anyone with large scanner (or good camera) for Translight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adelaide Anyone with large scanner (or good camera) for Translight?

There is a member in Adelaide that is happy to assist me by scanning his translight so that I can have one printed to replace the horribly faded one on my machine.

Does anyone have a large scanner (or know of a company that does) that would be able to scan the translight even in a couple of sections would be OK as I can get them stitched together.

The printing I can get done easily but obviously I need the artwork first.

I am happy to pay any fair price to have it done.

Cheers,

Mike
    Last edited by Homepin; 17th April 2010, 01:41 PM.

I tried to scan a Marquee on the Lunar Lander, and it turned out quite dull, as the light goes straight through

I took a pic using a high res camera, zooming in from about 4ft away, to prevent bending / bulging, with better results

Just my 20c that's all
    Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
    DSB Electrical Facebook
    VAPS
    Vector Monitor Repro Parts
    Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
      I tried to scan a Marquee on the Lunar Lander, and it turned out quite dull, as the light goes straight through

I took a pic using a high res camera, zooming in from about 4ft away, to prevent bending / bulging, with better results

Just my 20c that's all
      I'm happy to try anything really to get the artwork???

Comment

Is the company "Arque" still going? I used to get Full Size Posters scanned/reproduced a few years ago.. At the time they were the only company in Adelaide that had a Scanner big enough to scan large posters..

They were opposite the Fire Station in the CBD..

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post

Just my 20c that's all
          Would it help to put white paper or cardboard behind it?
          then remove the white by editing?
          just a thought
          sigpic

Comment

I can do this for you, but would need a couple of weeks first as the mrs is flat out with studies at the moment (which makes me busier too).

I have a HP 4670 scanner, so it would be in pieces that you can get stitched together.

Comment

The last Officeworks catalog I saw said they were offering A0 Scanning for $35

Haven't had the time to investigate yet...

Comment

Originally posted by tnpshow View Post
                The last Officeworks catalog I saw said they were offering A0 Scanning for $35
                Haven't had the time to investigate yet...
                Watch out for the "translite police" .............
                sigpic

For all your promotional requirements at guaranteed low prices ....
                CUSTOM MADE PHONE COVERS, STUBBY COOLERS, KEYRINGS,
                LANYARDS, WRISTBANDS plus MUCH, MUCH MORE !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daics3522 View Post
                  Watch out for the "translite police" .............
                  it's alright - this is a DE - the 'translite police' can get stuffed!

Comment

its not a translite its a poster *waves hand*

all in the jedi my friends
                    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by pinbot View Post
                      Is the company "Arque" still going? I used to get Full Size Posters scanned/reproduced a few years ago.. At the time they were the only company in Adelaide that had a Scanner big enough to scan large posters..

They were opposite the Fire Station in the CBD..

i think there in Findon now.. they sell the scaners, but may be able to give you a lead on where to get it done..

Yep.. officeworks can also do it.. well i think, as i've only had A0 size B/W drawings done.. but they may be able to do color..

EDIT :- 86 that last bit of info as i can do better...
                      was unable to sleep, as i was thinking of a jukebox i need to do a large copy for once they arive from the USA & remembered about 18 months ago i had a large pic' copied & laminated for another juke i restored..
                      the company is in Lonsdale.. i'll try & get the info over the next few days & post it here..

cheers
                      Last edited by RocK-Ozla; 15th June 2010, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RocK-Ozla View Post
                        i think there in Findon now.. they sell the scaners, but may be able to give you a lead on where to get it done..

Yep.. officeworks can also do it.. well i think, as i've only had A0 size B/W drawings done.. but they may be able to do color..

EDIT :- 86 that last bit of info as i can do better...
                        was unable to sleep, as i was thinking of a jukebox i need to do a large copy for once they arive from the USA & remembered about 18 months ago i had a large pic' copied & laminated for another juke i restored..
                        the company is in Lonsdale.. i'll try & get the info over the next few days & post it here..

cheers
                        I'm going to guess it is Allbiz in Lonsdale.
                        I get all my arcade related printing done there, with excellent results.
                        I like their online ordering system, which saves stacks of time.
                        Best of all, the prices are very reasonable.

Contact Us
                        allBIZ Supplies
                        125 O'Sullivan Beach Road
                        Lonsdale SA 5160

PH08) 8326 2899 | FAX: (08) 8382 5532

HOURS
                        8:00 - 6:00 M-F
                        9:00 - 12:00 SAT

print@allbizsupplies.biz

http://www.allbizsupplies.biz/docume..._web160310.pdf

Comment

Wow awesome stuff! Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by xygt View Post
                            I'm going to guess it is Allbiz in Lonsdale.
                            I get all my arcade related printing done there, with excellent results.
                            I like their online ordering system, which saves stacks of time.
                            Best of all, the prices are very reasonable.

Contact Us
                            allBIZ Supplies
                            125 O'Sullivan Beach Road
                            Lonsdale SA 5160

PH08) 8326 2899 | FAX: (08) 8382 5532

HOURS
                            8:00 - 6:00 M-F
                            9:00 - 12:00 SAT

print@allbizsupplies.biz

http://www.allbizsupplies.biz/docume..._web160310.pdf
                            "YEP" these are the people i used.. very good work... very happy...

& i'll be using them again..

cheers.

Comment

geez, bloody lonsdale is a fair trot from up in the hills...

mike, im happy to get good pics for you. my camera is 8 or 11mp, cant remember, but it takes ok photos. i can also get it to an officeworks at a pinch, but i just wont have time to get it lonsdale anytime soon sorry (thats around 1 1/2 from here i guess not counting to go get the translite first) but if you are happy to wait a couple of weekends i may be able to do it for you, altho im guessing being a commercial business they wont be open on saturdays and i wouldnt be able to get there in work hours.

if i can get it to any of the other guys that are closer, then im happy to do so as the translite isnt far from here in the scheme of things (uraidla if i remember right?)
                              Aussie : (Australian Slang) - a native or inhabitant of Australia
                              Arcade : (Generic) - A type of game genre that is a fast-paced action game
                              Forum : Noun (Latin/English) - A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X