Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaccaria Space Shuttle, in a sorry state...

Collapse

The place to ask for advice on Restoring Pinball Machines. (use the tech forum for electrical faults)

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaccaria Space Shuttle, in a sorry state...

Hi everybody!

My names Jason, from down in the SE suburbs of Victoria...

On Saturday I bought and collected this rather 'rough' Zaccaria Space Shuttle...

Had very little clue as to its mechanical and electrical state, only knew, no back box, no key, no power cable, unknown when it was last working and it had been stored for over a decade...

I figured, for the cheap (i think so anyway) price it was worth the punt...They were designed and built not far from where my father was born in Italy, and my old man is a big pinball guy...

Unfortunately he has never owned one, and as he's been getting older and older, he's talked about finding an oldie, and his upcoming 60th is this year, i was like, yeah, lets take the punt!

Today was the first time i had a bit of time to look into it, and she's very sorry...

before I delve any further in...

I was hoping I could garner some advice, is this going to be restorable?

there's not much I can find out in the wild in terms of parts for the Space Shuttle... which does seem a bit concerning to me...found the few sites kicking around with wiring diagrams, manuals etc... but backbox, glass, and I'm assuming at the very least some cut out control boards etc...may prove this is to be resigned to be a parts machine?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks!

ill tell you the same thing i told jimmy before he sold it "its possibly but not economically viable for a business to save it"
    You on the other hand dont have the overheads and if you hunt around long enough you might find all the bits

one local who might have a head or boards to sell you is sponsor oscar Pinmem

A scan of the italian manual and schematics are here- https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3263

you might also find a manual here - https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/t...10#post2205967 from The Pinball Shed

the transformer is in the main cabinet i think? also you need a head, a head loom, a set of displays, a set of boards and a backglass. happy hunting.

Comment

Anything can be restored, its a matter of your knowledge, how much money you want to spend, and how many hours (or hundreds of hours) you want to put into the project.
      Parts that are missing to create a fully playable game will probably cost thousands (transformer, boards, backglass, from just a quick initial look), sadly this game isn't worth that kind of money.

Best bet for that would be to turn it into a nice looking coffee table for him.

www.pinballmuseum.com.au
      www.facebook.com/pinballmuseum

Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with everything going on at the Australian Pinball Museum: www.pinballmuseum.com.au/?p=Newsletter

Comment

if you wan to do that, these are good for a coffee table controller -https://www.jaycar.com.au/short-circ...haser/p/KJ8066 its pretty simple to mod it and wire the 20 lights up and random on the playfield then it will look random as it chases

Comment

The Head loom is present (looks like most of it is at leat...), i've gotten the manual and schematics and have been scrolling through them, but plan to do some large size prints eventually depending on how this sort of discussion pans out on here.

Failing getting into a playable state, the coffee table idea was floated at the time when i picked it up haha...

Comment

If you seriously want to go down the rabbit hole, as Doug mentioned above, Oscar should hopefully still have some parts, he has imported a few Zacs and last year got a huge lot of used Zac parts.
            Not a lot of people seem to fix Zac boards, as they're not as common as Bally/Williams here in Australia, so if you get stuck with non-working boards theres only a small amount of people who can help. Reproduction boards are made by Pinball Solutions in Europe, so if you want to go down that route at least you'd know you've got fully working boards.
            www.pinballmuseum.com.au
            www.facebook.com/pinballmuseum

Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with everything going on at the Australian Pinball Museum: www.pinballmuseum.com.au/?p=Newsletter

Comment

Originally posted by Brk_oth View Post
              If you seriously want to go down the rabbit hole, as Doug mentioned above, Oscar should hopefully still have some parts, he has imported a few Zacs and last year got a huge lot of used Zac parts.
              Not a lot of people seem to fix Zac boards, as they're not as common as Bally/Williams here in Australia, so if you get stuck with non-working boards theres only a small amount of people who can help. Reproduction boards are made by Pinball Solutions in Europe, so if you want to go down that route at least you'd know you've got fully working boards.
              found his listings on Gumtree, so have sent him a few messages, and just had a look at Pinball Solutions repro boards...

i had in my mind a 3-4k bill at the end of it...kinda feeling like that's no longer realistic...
              i'll see how the conversation with oscar progress' and will re-evaluate...

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerCat View Post
                had in my mind a 3-4k bill at the end of it....
                as a guide its worth 1500-2500 as a complete working game. ask oscar for a complete one and use this for parts might be a plan too

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X