Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Chrome plating cost

Hi All,

Can anyone give me a ball park figure on what it would cost to chrome plate these wireforms? Also can anyone please confirm if there is supposed to be another wireform on a Judge Dredd. This image from Pinball Plating shows another one that i don't have.

http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/williams-judge-dread-wireform-set-chrome

Thanks,

Andycaa0e45456b19f1529831376b5c3a093.jpg

Edited by Andyj965

I think that cost is pretty reasonable. Do not know their work though.
Hey Dave,

I'm not actually planning in using them. Their picture was just in relation to the wireform they show that I don't have and they're over in the US. When I look at pictures of a populated playfield I can't see where it goes either. I'm hoping they show an extra wireform in error or else I have to track one down.

Thanks

Awesome. Thanks guys. I was positive I had them all but that pic threw me off

Scotty at Birkdale has a machine and I think Jimmy from Netherworld is streaming from there TONITE Brother

He is a few blocks away so I can always go chack at some point or I can put you in contact

You have met Scotty the Dream Wizard:p

Scotty at Birkdale has a machine and I think Jimmy from Netherworld is streaming from there TONITE Brother

He is a few blocks away so I can always go chack at some point or I can put you in contact

You have met Scotty the Dream Wizard:p

Thanks mate. I'm pretty happy now that I've got all of the parts. I actually just threw them in a tub of oxalic acid to see how they clean up. I might not need to get them chromed again if they're OK
  • Like 1

• Administrators
Hey Dave,

I'm not actually planning in using them. Their picture was just in relation to the wireform they show that I don't have and they're over in the US. When I look at pictures of a populated playfield I can't see where it goes either. I'm hoping they show an extra wireform in error or else I have to track one down.

Thanks

Ah, yes, as others have said there is an extra wireform in their pic that is not from JD.

• Like 1

So I used the method from @spacies thread and soaked the wireforms in oxalic acid overnight. Gave them a clean this morning and they've come up nicely. I'm not going to worry about chroming them again for now. The only one that really needs attention is the one that had welding done so i might try to throw that one in with a locals chrome batch when they get stuff done

d88783412bf5d12b812d57a179dd28aa.jpgf1ac6daa80c0ab7a2fd1da5e1cc09750.jpg59dce93bcbc8586b25709d1a7c2dcc5e.jpge98e018e1fa4740bba738344f39ba305.jpg

• Like 3

So I used the method from @spacies thread and soaked the wireforms in oxalic acid overnight. Gave them a clean this morning and they've come up nicely. I'm not going to worry about chroming them again for now.

Then autosol & I forgot to mention before.+ Elbow grease

You need to leave a coating on it ie; polish. So it doesnt corrode more

So I used the method from @spacies thread and soaked the wireforms in oxalic acid overnight. Gave them a clean this morning and they've come up nicely. I'm not going to worry about chroming them again for now.

Then autosol & I forgot to mention before.+ Elbow grease

You need to leave a coating on it ie; polish. So it doesnt corrode more

I had fish oil so used that. Didn't need much elbow grease at all with this method