Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What Colour to Powdercoat TOM Legs

Giving my TOM a bit of a refresh and looking at powdercoating the legs gold.

Went to two different powdercoaters and didnt really like the gold they had as an option.

Both didn't look too bad when tyou took it out in the sun but as you know pins hide in the dark corner of the games room.

Anybody had experience in a decent gold for TOM legs.

George

Giving my TOM a bit of a refresh and looking at powdercoating the legs gold.

Went to two different powdercoaters and didnt really like the gold they had as an option.

Both didn't look too bad when tyou took it out in the sun but as you know pins hide in the dark corner of the games room.

Anybody had experience in a decent gold for TOM legs.

George

I had mine powder coated in Metalic Gold with A Crystal Clear top coat in 2016. I found the receipt but they didn't put the exact colour name on it.

see -picture.

IMG_2531.thumb.JPG.9aed5ce479e565e31dbd8e4673b3827c.JPG

• Like 4

Most panel beaters can apply a clear over the brass plating anyway. Not too expensive I would imagine, but then again.

I just see it as a lot of stuffing around when you could use that time to spend playing pinball or god forbid time with the family 😂

I just see it as a lot of stuffing around when you could use that time to spend playing pinball or god forbid time with the family 😂

Yes, yes mate, just make sure your eye/s are good for once! Another eye op today. You know what they say about going blind..........I reckon you've been doing too much of it!

If doing the job right, then brass/gold plating will need clear over the top if lockdown bar and/or rails are being done, as hands touch these surfaces a lot. You know me Rob, I like to do the job right.

• Like 2

I am going to try a gold and black hammer tone powder coat.

Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell.

I did gold and black hammer tone on LOTR and it looked great . At that time i thought if i was going to do my TOM i would go down the same road .

Very happy with outcome

• Like 1

Do you have a photo?
I have sold machine , but did find a couple of pics .the one of lock down is close to true , but doesn't come up as good in pic , nicer in real life .

The Other One of machine, its a darker pic . No where near that dark , more gold . Probably not the best example of result. But thats all i could find.

40cc4f2e39417dd63a02a27bde31cb17.jpg9668bdde1a6587f94ae499fb6ff71bed.jpg

• Like 2