Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Castle Plastic Scan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magic Castle Plastic Scan

    The clean up and repair of the Magic Castle continues. Just received the boards back from John at Pintronics and very pleased with the work.
    Now chasing a scan of the upper playfield of the 3 ghosts which are mounted on this crazy thin plastic. My problem is there are pieces missing.
    So if any one has a scan or can point me in a direction.

  • #2
    Moving along with the clean up and repair. Managed to con one of my teenage sons to apply some of his computer skills and fill in the missing bits on the scan of the upper playfield.
    Still a bit of minor touch up before i am happy. Managed to get a piece of plastic off cut to make the piece. Rubber kit arrived today so i will get into that tonight. On a recent Test run the sound is great and getting keen to start playing. Updates to follow.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Unclerod View Post
      Moving along with the clean up and repair. Managed to con one of my teenage sons to apply some of his computer skills and fill in the missing bits on the scan of the upper playfield.
      Still a bit of minor touch up before i am happy. Managed to get a piece of plastic off cut to make the piece. Rubber kit arrived today so i will get into that tonight. On a recent Test run the sound is great and getting keen to start playing. Updates to follow.
      Mine was shot as well. I made up a sticker that I put on the front of some thin perspex and pop riveted the brackets back on. It worked really well. I made extra stickers, I'll send you one if I can find them.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010486.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	2133878

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey Poidapoida thanks for the offer of the sticker. Currently putting rubbers on the play field.
        Last edited by Unclerod; 21st May 2020, 09:22 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          This Pinball resto stuff tests your limits sometimes. New rubbers arrived and the some of the suggested rubber sizes foul the drop targets. The next rubber size down has been ordered. Its not the cost that pisses me its the waiting for the stuff to arrive. Plenty to keep me busy though. The 50,000 special Target at the back of the playfield is missing the plastic. Will get this made up when repairing the other piece described in the first post. I dont have a picture of it but will use the special target from the other drop target bank. Polished the legs on the weekend and they came up OK. When i learn to post photos i will post some project shots.

          Comment

          Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X