Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[Melbourne] Chaos in Melbourne City - Flip Frenzy and Aus First Heads up!

f28d2c54ba5614c45c79f08299016622.jpg

Please PM me if you want to come. PM me or Email at ryancazz /-\ gmail dot com ! First in best dressed!

Greetings pinball lovers.

I am running 2 x tournaments + it also doubles up as a regular AA meet.

Date: 30/12/2017

I am located in Balwyn North and will PM people the address who are interested. This meet/comp is open to everyone

Doors are open from 1pm and close at 11.30pm.

Tournament 1 - Flip Frenzy *IFPA APPROVED*

Cost: $10

Players: 32. Might be able to increase depending how machine I can get.

Name: Chaos in Melbourne City - Flip Frenzy

Format Description : 3.5 hour Flip Frenzy

Time: 2 sharp to 5. 30pm

Win as many head-to-head games as you can in 3.5 hours. Loser stays on until they lose two in a row.

Players will be ranked by most wins, then fewest losses. If there is a tie for position 1~3, a tiebreaker game will be played.

Extra balls will be off and machines will be set up fast.

Cash/Trophies for the top 3 players.

Machine list (subject to change)

--------------

Stern - Metallica LE

Stern - Tron LE

Stern - Sea Witch

Stern - Simpsons Pinball Party

Stern - Lord of the Rings

Stern - Star Trek LE x 2

Stern - AC/DC Premium

Stern - Sopranos

B/W - Attack from Mars

B/W - Demolition Man

B/W - The Shadow

B/W - Dr Who

B/W - Twilight Zone

B/W - White Water

JJP - Wizard of OZ LE x 2

JJP - Dialed In! LE

Tournament 2 - Heads Up *IFPA APPROVED*

Cost : $15

Players: 16. Might be able to increase depending how many double machines I can get.

Name: Chaos in Melbourne City - Heads up

Format Description : Heads-up!

Time: 6.30pm until finished, estimating it will go until 10pm

Players will be seeded into a best-of-3 elimination bracket based on their IFPA rank at the time of the event.

The matches will consist of Head-to-Head Challenges being played out simultaneously on two different machines of the same title. Whichever player completes the challenge first is declared the winner for that game. Matches will be played on games chosen at random by tournament directors. If you win 2 games you advance to the next stage. If you lose your best of 3 you will be eliminated. Brackets will Round 1 - 16 players. Round 2 - 8 players. Round 3 - 4 players. And then the finals Between 1 vs 2, and 3 vs 4.

For example. 2 people are playing Star Trek LE side by Side. The first person the gets to Warp 9.1 wins.

I will provide a full list of possible objectives ASAP to ensure people can practice beforehand.

Machines will be on 5 ball so you can use strategic draining if needed. If your game is over you can start again. If the game is not over within 10 minutes the objective will be lowered.

Cash/Trophies for the top 3 players.

Machine list (subject to change)

--------------

Stern - Star Trek LE

JJP - Wizard of Oz LE

If you have any of the other titles that you would like to lend for the day it would be greatly appreciated and help me increase the numbers, Prefer a new stern like Metallica Prem/LE or AC/DC prem/LE but open to anything. If you donate a machine entry is free obviously :)

Payment in advance, please PM me for details or email at ryancazz /-\t gmail dot com ! First in best dressed!

The Flip frenzy will be using almost all the machines.

The Heads up Tournament will only be using a couple and it will be in a sepereate room, so people are more than welcome to stay and play the other games (13+) until 11.30pm and this will also be a normal 'Aussie Arcade' meet. See here for the meet post - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/91296-Chaos-in-Melbourne-City-Ryzas-AA-meet

Rules:

- No Shoes in the house. The house is carpeted, sorry!

- No rage tilting machines, These are MY machines in my house. If you do this you will be asked to leave.

- No excessive swearing. Kids are welcome to come to the event so please try to limit swearing even if you where one shot away from xxxx before draining

- You can drink alcohol at my house, thats fine! But no drunken disorderly behaviors please.

Food Drinks etc.

Pizzas will be provided at around 5.30pm on the day.

Some beverages will be provided but please BYO if you are planning to drink a lot.

Edited by Ryza

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you donating your Dr Who and TZ for the tournament?

Um... if you need them (and can organise transport and don't get them mixed up :lol) :blink: I don't get your post. I was talking about the format description (sorry, didn't write 'format'). It says 3 hr flip frenzy for T2 (copy/paste from T1??) Unless I don't understand the format :rolleyes

Has this heads up tournament with 2 of the same game side by side been done before??

Couldn't one player be at an advantage/disadvantage as no two games are alike :unsure

Shouldn't you do it on the same machine??

It's been done once in the US recently. It's a new format and first time it's being done in Australia. Both those machines are huo and will be set up the same. Of course there will be tiny tiny differences but the objectives will be simple enough that it won't matter.

Run on one machine? No. The fun of this format is that you are racing against the other person at the same time. Which leads to high amounts of stress since you can see the person and hear their game!

Karl deangelo in the US lost the final by 1 tie fighter. 1 tie fighter more and he would have won a NIB stern machine :)

Pin themed Trophys for Heads up have been ordered from the US and shipping within 24 hours!

Flip Frenzy trophys will be made by me :)

Ok here is what we have so far:

If I have left you out please let me know

Heads up (Currently all filled, there are 1 or 2 people that are 50/50 on making the event so please message me if you want to be the standby for this tournament)

#Name

1 @Ryza

2 @Martymainframe

3 @RGR

4 Nick H

5 @LCM

6 Anthony W

7 Richie

8 @hyper101

9 Steve C

10 @G

11 @Timbo

12 @DrCurlytek

13 Jordan tred

14 @Cursed

15 @VON

16 @Crafty

Flip frenzy (Limited to 42 people - Only a couple of spots left)

#Name

1 @Ryza

2 @Martymainframe

3 @RGR

4 @grimnim

5 Johnny R

6 Anthony W

7 Richie

8 Daniel P

9 Nick H

10 @LCM

11 @No Ball Save

12 @hyper101

13 Steve C

14 @G

15 @Timbo

16 @ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma

17 @Glenn70

18 @mckie1

19 @tas_tig3r

20. Dennis m

21. @nick18121

22. Jay M

23 @VON

24. Mick M

25. Dion M

26. @MIN

27. @nmercury

28. @Manny65

29. Kosta

30. Brian B

31. Paul RJ

32. Wal Dickie

33. Alex B

34. James

35. Jackie

36. @Crafty

37. @Hashman

38. @DangerRay

39. Chaise H

40. Rob Radar Mckintosh

Edited by Ryza

I have spaced out the some of the 18 machines that will be available on the day.

That means Flip frenzy can now have about 42~45 people if there are that many people interested. Space and crowding will not be an issue.

Trophies arrive in a couple of days I will post up a video as they look amazing