Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houseball - Inaugural Meet - Saturday 31/01/2015 @ Kangaroo Point (my place)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houseball - Inaugural Meet - Saturday 31/01/2015 @ Kangaroo Point (my place)

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of interest in the previous post regarding a residential club in Brisbane. It was really positive and great to see that others are also happy to host future meets. I have emailed with Dan Robar and he says it sounds great so should be fine for IFPA endorsement. Please see previous thread for details on end of year prizes http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...ane-2015/page2 . For a name, I thought Houseball suits, let me know if any objections.

The first meet will be held at my place at Kangaroo Point on Saturday the 31st of January. The tournament will kick off at 6PM but feel free to come round anytime after 5PM for a drink and to have a bit of practice. We will have to finish up by 10PM at the latest. Please PM for address or any other details or contact me on my mobile 0401 879 301. The lineup for the night will be:

Stern Star Trek Pro
    Gottlieb Sinbad
    Gottlieb Buck Rogers
    Gottlieb Pinball Pool
    Gottlieb Charlies Angels

I hope you will enjoy playing the System 1 Gottlieb's - I think they're great games. Once we have an idea of numbers I'll organise pizza for the night. BYO alcohol.

Please PM me or text/call me if you would like to attend or have any questions. Please also PM me if you would be interested in hosting the second meet. Thanks very much and looking forward to it!

Cheers
    Jack
    Last edited by hutch; 28th January 2015, 08:56 PM. Reason: Update time

hi jack
    my partner hollie and I would love to attend the meet if two places are left
    regards luke french

Comment

No worries at all Luke, PM sent, see you there!

Comment

Hi Jack, could you please put me down for 3 players.
        Thanks Peter

Comment

Howdy Jack,
          Count me in at this stage please mate.
          Looking forward to it

Lambo

Comment

Me also please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes please
              I can probably hold the 2nd one depending on date
              Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

Comment

Nice one Hutch. I must ask, was the league name suggested by [MENTION=8144]RGR[/MENTION]?
                John - JWP

Comment

Originally posted by jagojp View Post
                  Nice one Hutch. I must ask, was the league name suggested by [MENTION=8144]RGR[/MENTION]?
                  Haha no, I just put two and two together (playing pinball at peoples' houses). Also, isn't 'house ball' a term for when a ball goes straight down the middle from a plunge without even getting a flipper on it?

Comment

Originally posted by hutch View Post
                    Haha no, I just put two and two together (playing pinball at peoples' houses). Also, isn't 'house ball' a term for when a ball goes straight down the middle from a plunge without even getting a flipper on it?
                    Yes, exactly. So the name is twofold.
                    Early in the year Richard was adamantly pitching the idea of a name change from Wildball to Houseball. It didn't happen because I think many of the members were fond of their name, but I'm sure he will be happy to learn that someone is using the name. hehe.
                    John - JWP

Comment

Originally posted by jagojp View Post
                      Yes, exactly. So the name is twofold.
                      Early in the year Richard was adamantly pitching the idea of a name change from Wildball to Houseball. It didn't happen because I think many of the members were fond of their name, but I'm sure he will be happy to learn that someone is using the name. hehe.
                      Ah man sorry haha I didn't mean to plagiarise. I can change the name to something else if [MENTION=8144]RGR[/MENTION] would like.

Comment

Lol please use it and make tshirts from the image in my avatar!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hutch View Post
                          Ah man sorry haha I didn't mean to plagiarise. I can change the name to something else if [MENTION=8144]RGR[/MENTION] would like.
                          haha.. I think he will be happy that the name is being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RGR View Post
                          Lol please use it and make tshirts from the image in my avatar!!!!!!!
                          lol. yes that would be a good tshirt
                          John - JWP

Comment

Heres the image from Keith Elwins facebook page

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...4e8e224a82d0c4

Comment

Yes please Hutch, providing my shift roster allows

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X