Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Houseball - Inaugural Meet - Saturday 31/01/2015 @ Kangaroo Point (my place)

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of interest in the previous post regarding a residential club in Brisbane. It was really positive and great to see that others are also happy to host future meets. I have emailed with Dan Robar and he says it sounds great so should be fine for IFPA endorsement. Please see previous thread for details on end of year prizes http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/70503-A-Residential-Style-League-Club-in-Brisbane-2015/page2 . For a name, I thought Houseball suits, let me know if any objections.

The first meet will be held at my place at Kangaroo Point on Saturday the 31st of January. The tournament will kick off at 6PM but feel free to come round anytime after 5PM for a drink and to have a bit of practice. We will have to finish up by 10PM at the latest. Please PM for address or any other details or contact me on my mobile 0401 879 301. The lineup for the night will be:

Stern Star Trek Pro

Gottlieb Sinbad

Gottlieb Buck Rogers

Gottlieb Pinball Pool

Gottlieb Charlies Angels

I hope you will enjoy playing the System 1 Gottlieb's - I think they're great games. Once we have an idea of numbers I'll organise pizza for the night. BYO alcohol.

Please PM me or text/call me if you would like to attend or have any questions. Please also PM me if you would be interested in hosting the second meet. Thanks very much and looking forward to it!

Cheers

Jack

Edited by hutch
Update time

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Hutch. I must ask, was the league name suggested by @RGR?

Haha no, I just put two and two together (playing pinball at peoples' houses). Also, isn't 'house ball' a term for when a ball goes straight down the middle from a plunge without even getting a flipper on it?

Haha no, I just put two and two together (playing pinball at peoples' houses). Also, isn't 'house ball' a term for when a ball goes straight down the middle from a plunge without even getting a flipper on it?

Yes, exactly. So the name is twofold.

Early in the year Richard was adamantly pitching the idea of a name change from Wildball to Houseball. It didn't happen because I think many of the members were fond of their name, but I'm sure he will be happy to learn that someone is using the name. hehe. :D

Yes, exactly. So the name is twofold.

Early in the year Richard was adamantly pitching the idea of a name change from Wildball to Houseball. It didn't happen because I think many of the members were fond of their name, but I'm sure he will be happy to learn that someone is using the name. hehe. :D

Ah man sorry haha I didn't mean to plagiarise. I can change the name to something else if @RGR would like.

Ah man sorry haha I didn't mean to plagiarise. I can change the name to something else if @RGR would like.

haha.. I think he will be happy that the name is being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol please use it and make tshirts from the image in my avatar!!!!!!!

lol. yes that would be a good tshirt

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of interest in the previous post regarding a residential club in Brisbane. It was really positive and great to see that others are also happy to host future meets. I have emailed with Dan Robar and he says it sounds great so should be fine for IFPA endorsement. Please see previous thread for details on end of year prizes http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/70503-A-Residential-Style-League-Club-in-Brisbane-2015/page2 . For a name, I thought Houseball suits, let me know if any objections.

The first meet will be held at my place at Kangaroo Point on Saturday the 31st of January kicking off at 6PM. Please PM for address or any other details or contact me on my mobile 0401 879 301. The lineup for the night will be:

Stern Star Trek Pro

Gottlieb Sinbad

Gottlieb Buck Rogers

Gottlieb Pinball Pool

Gottlieb Charlies Angels

I hope you will enjoy playing the System 1 Gottlieb's - I think they're great games. Once we have an idea of numbers I'll organise pizza for the night. BYO alcohol.

Please PM me or text/call me if you would like to attend or have any questions. Please also PM me if you would be interested in hosting the second meet. Thanks very much and looking forward to it!

Cheers

Jack

Good luck Jack, nice moves man!

z-ball-final-2014_8885.jpg.ea3a276f8d19d16ace7bffc35cac8aae.jpg

How's things looking Jack?

All good to go ahead Dunc. Anyone who has replied to the thread or has PM'd is locked in. I'll have to cap it at 32 if we get up to that many. Looking forward to the first meet and to future meets throughout the year. Hopefully we can successfully replicate Wildball in Brisbane.