Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Victorian State Final for the Australian Pinball Tournament

is being held at the Legends Entertainment Centre in Epping Victoria on Saturday November the 17th. Exact starting time has not yet been decided.

In order to make the event more interesting for the pinball community we would like to inform everyone to contact us with the possibility of anyone who is prepared to bring their pinball to the event and have it left on free play for the duration of the final. Entry fee to the event is $10 per person or $20 per family. All proceeds will be given to a worthy Victorian charity to be advised.

The benefit to people who bring their pinball is that they can offer to sell their pinball to interested parties on the day if they wish. They can swap or trade their pinballs with other people who have something that they want. They can advertise anything pinball related and take advantage of meeting like minded people on the day that they would very rarely get to meet otherwise.

We need to get commitments as soon as possible as our space is limited and we can only allow a certain number to participate. Please be quick with your reply.

Please contact Leo at CASHBOX. 0411 867 000

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in and a member running the bar even better FREE BEER lol maybe not.

Peter

P:S- do we only contact Leo if we are bringing games? Otherwise just rock up on the day?

Just send him an email Peter

- - - Updated - - -

Look forward to meeting some of the guys on here :)

Cheers will do also can't wait to meet a few guys on here

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

God damn it!!

I did not realise till just this second that this falls on the same weekend as Winton Supercars. The Missus and i wont be able to make it unfortunately.

Seriously who organises an AC/DC event the same day as V8 Supercars.....kidding....not really.....no im kidding. Just, damn it i was really looking forward to this.

Have fun guys.

Not sure who he was but if he ever treated my pins the way he treated those NIB ones I'd kick him!

Appalled at the way some of those players responded to draining. One player shoved the pin about 3 feet after a ball drain to leave the next player with 2 tilt warnings by trying to move it back into position. One other smashed the glass with his hand. If I was Norbert I'd never host something here again.

Winner : Paul Empson

I too was appalled by the actions of a few who sullied the comp on the day. But, the comp was not targeted at your normal pinball enthusiast, the pinball machines were placed in pubs and the yobbo pub attitude that sometimes occurs followed suit to the comp on the day. The majority of players were just really nice people, there to compete and enjoy meeting other finalists.

I am having problems uploading pics I took on the day, will try later.

cheers

Ali

Not sure who he was but if he ever treated my pins the way he treated those NIB ones I'd kick him!

Appalled at the way some of those players responded to draining. One player shoved the pin about 3 feet after a ball drain to leave the next player with 2 tilt warnings by trying to move it back into position. One other smashed the glass with his hand. If I was Norbert I'd never host something here again.

Jeez . Smashing the glass . That kinda behaviour is just not on in my books . I hope the player was instantly disqualified from the comp .

Glass smashed?? wtf?

He hit the glass, it did not break, I used smashed to enphasise the poor attitude towards the pins

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez . Smashing the glass . That kinda behaviour is just not on in my books . I hope the player was instantly disqualified from the comp .

No action was taken. If I was any sort of ref I would have given him a warning then if it occurred again possible loss of points. Third strike and he is out.

So where the people that got through to the finals just blokes lucky enough to get a good score on a pub pinball as in just in the pub having a drink and stumbled across a comp pinball? I'm confused?

Trying via url to upload some photos, showing first place, third place (lost second place pic) other finalists including the big yobbo who threw the machine and the far right in white yobbo who smashed his fist on the pinny), Cashbox Amusements staff and pinball line up and a couple of general pics. sorry if it doesnt work. You may have to right click and then open.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fa1rground/

As there were four ACDC machines with the volume turned up pretty loud on each...it would have been difficult to halt play on each machine, open each door to turn the music down and make an announcement in regards to inappropriate treatment of the machines. But in between breaks Norbert could have set the precedent to the players. He is a very quiet/ polite sort of bloke so he probably couldn't be bothered.

I work at the legends venue where it was held and if people stuff up... 1 switch to turn the music off and the floor is mine to let them know all about it. Hopefully that type of play doesn't happen in Sydney.

If the machines didnt break I dont honestly see an issue with it, that said I used to elbow the glass on my machines just in fun (never really hard). People are passionate about playing I dont see it as instanly bad behaviour unless it go's beyond that. IE treating others badly, poor sportsman behavious etc

Pins don't need to be molly coddled but that said if its not your machine you probably should don't it out of respect for others things.