Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Obviously, thanks to COVID19 Wildball VIII was abandoned for 2020.

I have just returned from a meeting with Wildballs Critical Response Committee.

The Wildball Board found it necessary to establish the Critical Response Committee to determine how to react during events such as the Pandemic. With Social Distancing playing an important part in combating COVID 19, Meeting to play a tactual game like Pinball was always going to be 'out of bounds' .

In its April Meeting, the Committee has considered a number of options to kick start our Meetings, and in short they have written to the Board recommending the Meetings commence forthwith.

So.......

Announcing .......

Wildball IX

This year will be a reduced series of Meets. Bringing to life the best Pinball League in Australia, featuring lovingly restored and maintained machines from 5 decades from the Electro Mechanical and Solid State years, through the DMD age and into the current era.

Now that we can return to social activities the Wildball Trophy will be on offer. The format of the comp will be published soon.

The Meets,

1. 22nd May 2020 - Cancelled

2. 5th June 2021 - Cardini's

3. TBA - Gabbo

4. 14th August 2021 - Nasco62

4. September 2021- Skids

5. October 2021 -TBA

Dates May Vary. And we may try to add more Meets.

The COVID Stuff.

We need to respect the social gathering rules. We will be providing hand sanitiser and cleaning the games regularly.

Further some of the Games Rooms we visit are tight, so we might have to attendance numbers. Also understand Meets might have to be cancelled or postponed due to COVID.

The Hosts.

Our ever gracious Hosts have again allowed us to come and play their extensive collections. This year we have Gabbo hosting for the first time.

The Throng.

Skids

defender

Rawdon

Audioenslaved

Aceman

db666

Dredd

Gabbo

Cardini

Zac

RGR

Nich2Pat

Symonz

Jug123

PinLinds

Pinoffski

Silverbak

Ronl008

Fire_Power

Swedish Taxi

WedgeHead

Thanks to you as well for supporting Wildball. The social aspect of our league is what makes it so special. So we will be offering the places to the Wildball faithful first, listed below. That said, we happily encourage the 'significant others' to join in the fun!

please PM or add to this thread to confirm your attendance. Note attendance limits may apply to each Meet.

I will forward a PM to the players registered last year.

Players list (to come)

Competition.

We will be running a standalone comp at each Meet. The aggregate of the scores across the Meets will go toward qualifying for the Finals.

My usual statement,

I want to stress the comp side of Wildball is only part of the fun. The social aspect is equally important. We all have a fondness for Pinball - Tournament play is only a part. The Wildball Meets are held in the games rooms of gracious hosts, with the most diverse range of machines.

General playing, repairing, restoring, and plain old reminiscing ( bull sh*ting about the old days) are just as important to this wonderful game. It's all part of the Wildball camaraderie.

Fees.

In normally each player pays $45 annual Wildball subscriptions. For the 2021 reduced season the subscriptions will be $40. All funds collected are returned to the playing group in the form of Trophy's and prize money.

Last year IFPA Australia introduced $1/player for each tournament submitted (we usually have three tournaments across the year). As IFPA are not sanctioning any events, the $1 fee will not be levied.

$20 is also paid each Meet to cover food and (soft drinks) supplied by the host.

Finally I want to acknowledge subscriptions paid in 2020. At the first Meet I will refund those Subs or apply them to this year's Subs. .

Edited by cardini
  • Like 7

Me too please, but it has just come to my attention that there is another important engagement that I need to attend on that night, so sorry, I can only make the three afterwards Andrew.:cry .:p Edited by Defender
  • Like 1

thanks @skids :023:

i would like to attend as a guest if this is possible (tentative) for one or two rounds

pending due to the current changes in work due to the passing of my boss/owner

would like to catch up with the wildball crew.i hope

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Wildballers,

We are back on for Pinball this Saturday Night to kick start Wildball post COVID.

I will PM the usual suspects. Due to COVID I will restrict the numbers to 25, so please let me know you will be attending.

Most of the Wildball collective know my collection is a little older (80s SS). I hope to have something a little more modern on the night courtesy of Lindsay @Pinlinds.

Re COVID Stuff.

Clearly, if you are experiencing flu like symptoms, do not come to Wildball - to go to your GP and convince them to have a pinball machine in the waiting room!

I will have hand sanitiser. Please use it. The Machines will be wiped down before and during the night.

My reading of the Social Distancing Rules is we can have at least 100 visitors to our house .I doubt we will reach that number :-). Obviously if some COVID calamity happens between now and Saturday we will re-assess.

Come and play my Fathom before I sell it and get the new one!!!!

• Like 6

Thanks @cardini for hosting the first of hopefully many more Wildballs for 2021!

It was great to catch up with a bunch of the wildball crew again after 18 months away. I really appreciate all the hosts opening up their homes and games rooms for all of us, and I know everyone else would agree too.

So the games were an eclectic mix of modern and older style machines. We had Iron Maiden Premium and Black Knight Sword of Rage LE for the Stern loving ones among us. Banzai Run which is always a bit of fun with the vertical playfield in the backbox, Fathom made a welcome appearance in the competition side of things (even though it was brutal to me in the competition) Eight Ball Deluxe and Black Hole rounded out the 6 machines used in the comp but there were a few others to play outside of that including a rarely seen Gottlieb wide-body Spiderman, a Gorgar (which may have... caught on fire...?) and Revenge From Mars, as well as a couple of EM's. Waiting to see the Centaur make it into the comp one day... or last all the way through the comp? :)

Our tournament winner last night was @RGR back up from Melbourne and into winning form as usual. Bit of a statistic for Iron Maiden. Richards score was more than everyone else's scores put together. 1 billion on ball one will help there. Terry put up a massive score as well, which I attribute to my coaching earlier in the evening :)

I had some good games which I didnt really understand what I did but turned out well. Got a multiball going on Black Hole... not sure how that happened. 1 million point shot on Banzai Run on the vertical playfield was a highlight too.

Cant wait until the next meet. Cheers guys.

• Like 5

Firstly, thank you one and all helping to re-start Wildball. It has been some time since we all met up, it was great to catch up with the Wildball Throng! Also good to see the machines held up over the evening. Although Centaur and later Gorgar couldn't contain their excitement !!!.

I have to thank a couple of people.

Lindsay @Pinlinds, for bringing Iron Maiden,

Rawdon @Rawdon for helping to breathe life into the machines all day Saturday.

Darren @nasco62 for providing pinball rubbers to most of the games played.

Nate @Audioenslaved for adjusting the tilt setting on Black Knight (SOR).

Some highlights on the night for me were witnessing Pat defeat Banzai Run during his comp game! Then to see RGR demolish Iron Maiden followed by a score of 8 Million on Fathom!!!

To the comp.

please see the results here https://matchplay.events/live/36zb3/standings

I will be forwarding these results to Justin to be included in the NSW Champs.

The Wildball Circus now moves on to Gabba's place in July. See you all then.

• Like 7