Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gold Balls Competition Time!

RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED!

So we can get things going again from midnight!

Who wants to get together this Saturday 6th June for a revival of pinball competitions?

3pm start time.

BBQ around 6pm.

pinball to continue on until around 10pm

byo booze

Fun Format teams event with 2 players per team.

coaching and trash talking encouraged.

$5 per player to cover food and prizes.

games will be:

AMH

ACNC

WOZ

POTC

JM

BM66

DP

SThings

HGT

and 3 ems - spinwheel, dogies, snow Queen

will cap numbers at 16 if that many are interested!

• Like 2

Hi John,

As a doctor, I cannot believe the irresponsibility here.

What social distancing measures will be in place?

What Covid-safe actions are you taking to ensure that a pinball comp this early doesn't unravel all the hard work that some/most Queenslanders have put in.

Pull your heads in mates. Postpone this. Seriously.

Jonathan.

• Like 1

Hi Saintsmaen. Thanks for the feedback.

Qld government restrictions have been lifted for a reason. Community spread is now so low it is pretty much non-existent. Small clusters exist but only in people who have known contacts with those returning from overseas. Pubs and restaurants are opening up for this very reason. Visitor numbers to homes has been extended to 20 with overnight stays allowed (No, you cannot crash out here)!

Pinball is often sited to be a "high risk" due to contact on the machine by multiple people. In my case, distancing will be practiced and alcohol wipes available at each machine to be used between players. Distancing will mean you will never play a machine along-side another machine so that 2 m is maintained between players. All that attend will be questioned about contact and temperatures taken prior to entry. Gloves and masks are available for people to wear if they prefer to - although medical evidence for their protective value in social environments is still questionable. People still cautious about social contact should not attend and that is completely understandable. These next few months will be a great test to see how the disease is contained, and should clusters develop again, rules will change. I am of course operating completely within the Government and Medical guidelines.

This will be a "fun, non IFPA" teams event so will not be your normal crowded pinball competition.

I do appreciate the concern, but if you choose to attend, care will be taken for everyones safety.

• Like 6

Hi John,

As a doctor, I cannot believe the irresponsibility here.

What social distancing measures will be in place?

What Covid-safe actions are you taking to ensure that a pinball comp this early doesn't unravel all the hard work that some/most Queenslanders have put in.

Pull your heads in mates. Postpone this. Seriously.

Jonathan.

Dear Johnathon, don't you think that a Doctor has just a little bit more brains and common sense than you?

Seriously you are the one that should pull your head in. And I won't add Mate to that because you are not.

I know to date I am the only one to come back regarding your comments and posts of late but if it was up to me I'd do more than pull your head in.

Seriously have a look at how many likes your comments get.

Get back to reality. Actually. Find reality as you seem to live in your own dreamworld.

Besides if you don't think it is time to socialize as per the Government restrictions. Stay home. I know of a few people that would appreciate it if you did....

I'd love to hear your comments Johnathon, as I have never had you reply once pulled up?

You poor thing you.:cry:cry:cry

• Like 1

I think the question (while maybe phrased a little over the top) was warranted. It sounds like @chopchop has got things well covered, and is setting an outstanding example of how competitions can be held safely :) Well done Doctor!

Anyway ......

a Queensland first (I think the Melbourne boys did it already).

Thanks to Dave we will have 3 Alice Coopers for a bit of head-to-head battle! We will use the same format as stern uses. Best of 3- alternate choices of objectives. Should be fun (and painful in Alice)!

there will also be a teams event and some post comp stall ball for fun.

I think the guy has a point, he's obviously concerned, maybe scared and has said something. You guys legally can hold this function so go for it but to some it may be considered wrong. Enjoy your meet and don't worry about it. I don't think he has changed anyone's opinions about @chopchop so no harm done. If so let us know and the mods can take action against the guy

I'm more than happy for the discussion to happen @pinball god . Things will be returning to normal over the next few months, small steps at a time, and this will be one of them. The only problem with controlling the Covid outbreak is poor communication. Luckily our Authorities have been able to control it via many media sources, and for our little band of pinballers, this is our forum of communication.

I think I might even stream the head - 2 - Head Alice challenge Saturday evening on Twitch if people want to see how it goes. Follow https://www.twitch.tv/emilyanddoctorjohn to get notifications when we start.

• Like 3

Yes please - include me if you haven't already reached MAX players - I can offer a lift to one player without car transport as well if anyone needs it.

Will be good to catch up with other T.D.'s to discuss moving forward in these times.

P.S. - I'll need a reminder of the address, it's been a few years :)

• Like 1

I"m going to start the afternoon with the ACNC Heads up challenge, then go into the other pairs comp. Both comps are run as single player games only. Masks and gloves are provided for those that prefer to wear them. Alcohol wipes are to be used on every game after you play it, and hands washed before and after play. Masks are a good idea if you want to get close to a player for "coaching" during the pairs comp.

The rules for the ACNC are:

ACNC CHALLENGE

RULES:

• Best of 3 games
  • Highest seed chooses first challenge, lower seed chooses game
  • Choices then alternate for game 2 and 3 (if needed)
  • No challenge choice can be played more than once that round
  • Game can be restarted if desired (open door, green button then red to reset)

1: Frankenstein Multiball

Shoot left ramp to lock ball 1

Shot left or right ramp to upper playfield

Knock down drop target via direct hit or Vampire stand-up target

Shoot upper left ramp to start Multiball

2: Crypt Multiball

Lock ball behind target (lower arrow) via either direct shot (if target down), or via upper playfield “crypt� entrance.

Re-shoot either shot to start multiball.

3. Magnet Save

Spell S A V E via lower lanes

When outer lanes are flashing, drain via outlanes for a “magnet save�

4. Start a Monster

Monsters can be started via 3 ways:

Complete 2 alternate orbit shots

Shoot Skill shot up either ramp to light Secret Passage then go there

Hit 1 orbit, then “monster select� targets to light Secret Passage, then go there

5. 3 minutes high score

Play for 3 minutes, highest score wins

Single elimination bracket used, should knock it over fairly quickly but we shall see. It will be streamed - set up the camera gear today. Hope its fun.

Teams events will be via a "herb style" on 6 games in teams of two - which I will decide on who's with who (trying to balance things). The AVERAGE score of the two players will be used, so top players, drag you "lower" counterparts up to your level with some excellent coaching!

• Like 3

You're in Droogi

just to be Captain Obvious - if you have any flu-like symptoms, a fever or been in contact with any known infective cases, please don't come along. I will be checking temperatures on arrival as well - so don't get hot and flustered that pinball is starting up again!

• Like 3

Was a great night, so great we went back again....

Forgot the legs, keys, power cable for ACNC and had to turn around and go back.:unsure

Was a real fun event and the set up was covid fine...

Dr John, please post the social distance photo of a split flipper game?

I got more playing split flipper that I did on my own:lol Looks like my skill level has not changed.

And Congrats to Kerrie who beat me in every game we played. Good to see you all again.

• Like 2

Was a great night, so great we went back again....

Forgot the legs, keys, power cable for ACNC and had to turn around and go back.:unsure

Was a real fun event and the set up was covid fine...

Dr John, please post the social distance photo of a split flipper game?

I got more playing split flipper that I did on my own:lol Looks like my skill level has not changed.

And Congrats to Kerrie who beat me in every game we played. Good to see you all again.

Yea that split game was fun deciding who did the lane change