Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NSW] - Stern Army - Tuesdays at Tatts - 28th Jan, 18th Feb, 24 Mar

Hi Sydney Pinheads,
    the last Tuesday of every month the Sydney Pinball Club hosts Stern Army - Tuesdays at Tatts.
    The first few comps for 2020 will be
    Tues 28th Jan
    Tues 18th Feb (a wk earlier than normal)
    Tues 24th Mar (a wk earlier than normal)
    I will post up remaning dates for 2020 in the next few wks, just want to get the first few comps locked & loaded

We will meet from 6.30pm, however the comp will kick off at 7pm to give ppl time to get there & have a few warm up games (or grab a feed)

Tournament will be Group Matchplay
    Qualifying -
    First round pairing: Players will be randomly paired against each other in the first round.
    General pairing: Players will be paired against players with the same/similar win-loss record.
    Scoring system: IFPA (7/5/3/1) for 4player grps (7/4/1) for 3 player grps.
    Arena draws: - Attempts will be made to assign an arena that has been played the fewest times by all opponents.
    Five rounds, one game per round.
    Tiebreaker: Ties will be broken by the number of first place finishes, then by the number of second place finishes and finally, if necessary, a single game play-off. Ties will only be broken for first, second and third places in the semi final & final.

The finals will consist of the top 8 (or top 4 field if less than 16players).
    Semi Final - players will be seeded into two groups with the top two players from each group going through to the final. Ea group will play 1 elimination final with placings awarded 7/5/3/1 with the top 2 players from ea group going through to the final

Final - The top four players will play 3 games to decide the final standing with placings in ea game awarded points of 7/5/3/1.

ENTRY FEE: $5. $4 goes into a prize pool for the top 3 finalists & the other $1 goes to the IFPA (which will be pooled for State & Aust Championships).
    Games are $2 ea as this is public venue (expect to play 9 games if you make to the final 4)

Prizes 1st, 2nd, 3rd will split the entrance cash pool 50%/30%/20%

VENUE:
    Tattersalls Hotel
    Station St & Union Ln,
    Penrith NSW 2750

GAMES:
    6 games all in nice working order (one of Austrojoy's Sites)
    Beatles
    JJP Pirates LE
    Attack From Mars remake
    Dialed In LE
    Elvira House of Horrors
    Iron Maiden Premium

We expect to be finsihed around 10pm.

All normal tournament rules apply. IFPA approved
    Attached Files
    Starts
    28th January 2020 04:30 PM
    Ends
    28th January 2020 08:00 PM
    Tattersalls Hotel 95 Station St, Cnr Union Ln, Penrith NSW 2750
    Last edited by jug123; 16th January 2020, 06:31 PM.
    In: FH, Munsters LE, ACDC, IJ, LW3, TZ

Nice to see our first event posted with map too!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
      Nice to see our first event posted with map too!
      Thought if youve gone to the effort to give us all these whiz bang functions I should at least use them

Comment

Just a heads up. Looking at the map on both my laptop and phone here in SA shows a pub with the same name in the Adelaide CBD which doesn't even have pinballs

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
          Just a heads up. Looking at the map on both my laptop and phone here in SA shows a pub with the same name in the Adelaide CBD which doesn't even have pinballs
          That’s odd def shows as Tatts hotel in Penrith nsw on my laptop & iPad. Might have something to do with the isp address.
          Arcade King fyi

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jug123 View Post

That’s odd def shows as Tatts hotel in Penrith nsw on my laptop & iPad. Might have something to do with the isp address.
            Arcade King fyi
            I edited the post and put the full address in, all I saw in there was Tattersalls Hotel. I guess you have to be specific otherwise if you only use a name Google is going to look for that name in who ever is looking at the maps region first.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

I edited the post and put the full address in, all I saw in there was Tattersalls Hotel. I guess you have to be specific otherwise if you only use a name Google is going to look for that name in who ever is looking at the maps region first.
              That fixed it. It now shows the proper location in Penrith

Comment

That fixed it. It now shows the proper location in Penrith
                I had a pub in lismore lol
                live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Ok, update for Tues 28th. While not the offical launch (we will have that in the coming months) we will have a Stranger Things pro on-site for everyone to play. AMD will provide the machine for 1 nite only and It will be included in the comp. Hope to see you all there

Comment

Ok. Aiming at being there for this one.
                    5th time lucky.
                    The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

About time Edy!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X