X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nich2pat View Post

What happens after the cut off time?
    From Dan's email:

must be paid by Friday, 17 January 2020 to confirm your spot in the ACS. Otherwise, your place will be given to the next person on the list.
    I presume that applies to the original top 48 only. People invited beyond that would get additional time as they were not originally invited.

Comment

Originally posted by gfh View Post
      Interesting thread this.In my case I have been playing pinball for decades and every now and then get the urge to play comps.Trouble is there does not seem to be a list(at least I cannot find one) of all the comps being played around the country.I live in Geelong.Oh out of curiosity who is the oldest player in the top forty rankings?
      Michi keeps a thread on upcoming tournaments - https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...g-competitions
      You can also find them through the ifpa website - https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/

Comment

I keep checking my inbox every few minutes

edit: invite accepted - money sent - transport & accommodation sorted

Comment

Ok I'm coming.
          This time i'm not bunking with someone who snores in a AirBNB share house with guests that shower at 4am with paper thin walls. DUMB.
          So I will have more than 1 hour sleep for Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by gfh View Post
            live in Geelong.Oh out of curiosity who is the oldest player in the top forty rankings?
            If you download the IFPA app or look at the IFPA website, you'll be able to view up coming tournaments there. There will be at least 3 a month in Melbourne this year so perhaps come to one of these? One of the other regulars lives down your way too and the great thing is you'll be going against peak hour traffic Isn't that right ozsammyboy ?
            Oh, I'm about the oldest and can give the youngsters a run for their money

Comment

Yes, I am from Geelong (don't hold that against me). There's a monthly competition held at the Golden Fleece hotel which is very convenient to get to from Geelong - that one has a pretty chilled vibe too. Perfect competition to start off with.

Originally posted by peely View Post

If you download the IFPA app or look at the IFPA website, you'll be able to view up coming tournaments there. There will be at least 3 a month in Melbourne this year so perhaps come to one of these? One of the other regulars lives down your way too and the great thing is you'll be going against peak hour traffic Isn't that right ozsammyboy ?
              Oh, I'm about the oldest and can give the youngsters a run for their money

Comment

Pinball Dre haven't got confirmation of payment from you, you have to pay by Friday or I can't mark you confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinball Dre View Post
                  How do I pay for the comps? Do you have bank details for a transfer?
                  You should have received an email from Dan at your IFPA registered email address highlighting the payment details. Check your spam folder. If you haven't, contact ausifpa@gmail.com ASAP and update your email with IFPA via https://www.ifpapinball.com/user-profile/

Comment

Originally posted by Ryza View Post
                    Ok I'm coming.
                    This time i'm not bunking with someone who snores in a AirBNB share house with guests that shower at 4am with paper thin walls. DUMB.
                    So I will have more than 1 hour sleep for Saturday
                    Who needs sleep on major comp weekends anyway??

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo View Post

Who needs sleep on major comp weekends anyway??
                      At least one of my two housemates on Melbourne Matchplay weekend 2017. I was the "someone who snores in a AirBNB share house" and spent most of the weekend on the couch as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post

At least one of my two housemates on Melbourne Matchplay weekend 2017. I was the "someone who snores in a AirBNB share house" and spent most of the weekend on the couch as a result.
                        Hay Robert you sure it wasn't that HORSE you bought along one year that did all that Snoring

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Noben View Post

From Dan's email:

I presume that applies to the original top 48 only. People invited beyond that would get additional time as they were not originally invited.
                          That is correct Nic and thanks for adding that.

Most of the top 48 have either confirmed their attendance or responded to the email sent. There are a couple who unfortunately haven't responded to the original email or the reminder email.

I am waiting on 7 more spots to be filled to close off registrations. Emails will go out to more outside the Top 48 over the weekend if any of the top 48 haven't confirmed their attendance before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinball Dre View Post
                            How do I pay for the comps? Do you have bank details for a transfer?
                            I've emailed you twice Pinball Dre , along with all the other top 48, using the email I have for you on file, and I've even messaged you here on Aussie Arcade for confirmation of your correct email address with no response to date.
                            ​​​

Comment

About time to post a list of machines. More will be added but so far:

Stern
                              BM66
                              DP pro and LE
                              Beatles
                              Munsters pro
                              JP pro
                              SW Prem
                              Stranger Things - hopefully
                              ACDC
                              Iron Maiden

JJP
                              WWonkaLE
                              WOZ
                              PiratesLE

Spooky
                              ACNC
                              AMH

Others
                              Trident
                              meteor
                              Hot hand
                              circus
                              Getaway
                              Demo Man
                              Johnny Mnemonic
                              STTNG
                              IJ (williams)
                              Jackbot

EM
                              Snow queen
                              Dogies
                              Capt Fantastic

Others to be confirmed - all are subject to change.

I'm happy to accept any payment on the day for side competitions.
                              TShirts included for all qualifiers and swag.
                              Shirts will be available for purchase on the day for others.

Saturday night is free for all - organise your own competition or head out on the town!

Thanks to Timezone for the venue, and to AMD coinop for donating the significant prize money (we are talking a significant amount here folks)!

Comment

Hi Dan. Emails seem to be lost in the electronic ether!! I paid for ACS last night. Sorry for being a pain!!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X