Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AMD - 2019 Noosa Festival Of Pinball

Jurassic Matchplay is Sold Out! Tickets still remain for Friday Night 3 Strikes.

The AMD 2019 Noosa Festival of pinball is just under 2 weeks away and we look forward to welcoming players back to Land & Sea Brewery for this showpiece Match Play Event weekend plus 3 Strikes Friday night. October 18, 19 & 20 at the Beautiful Land & Sea Brewery in Noosaville.

Tickets are flying out the door, with the main Jurassic Matchplay comp capped at 52 players. Secure your place now!

Some awesome games will be onsite, including the new Stern Jurassic Park - thanks to AMD as well as a stack of privately owned games, many rarely seen in public.

For ticketing information, email sunshinecoastpinball@gmail.com

Full comp details are on our website sunshnecoastpinball@gmail.com, also the IFPA Calendar and our Facebook page.

Edited by sunshinecoastpinball

Hey Vaughan,

Just a question regarding the prize structure for the Noosa Pinball Fest. Sorry if you or anyone else feels like this query should have been sent via pm but I think full transparency is the best policy as far as pinball finances are concerned.

Just wondering how prize pools for the main comp were calculated, and, why the were finalised before ticket sales were even half way done (or maybe even before they commenced?).

In my tournament experience the prize pool generally swells with participation, yet I saw a post on Facebook advertising 30 something tickets remaining but an already fixed first prize of $150.

Completely fair enough if the prize pool is contributed to by sponsors and or yourself and all ticket proceeds go towards venue / maintenance and any other associated costs, just keen to try wrap my head around it all.

Cheers mate,

Gino

ONLY 23 tickets remaining!

The AMD Noosa Festival of pinball is just over a month away and we look forward to welcoming players back to Land & Sea Brewery for this showpiece Match Play Event weekend plus 3 Strikes Friday night.

Tickets are flying out the door, with the main Jurassic Matchplay comp capped at 54 players. Secure your place now!

Some awesome games will be onsite, including the new Stern Jurassic Park - thanks to AMD as well as a stack of privately owned games, many rarely seen in public.

For ticketing information, email sunshinecoastpinball@gmail.com

No Dates?

from the newsletter

Land & Sea Brewery in Noosaville the festival HQ from October 18-20.

Friday night is the opening event, our “AMD Friday Three Strikes”, featuring Sterns new Jurassic Park, which has been flown out from the United States. This IFPA sanctioned event is designed to play like a warm up event and also provide extra head room for up to 60 competitors.

Saturday is the main event, the “AMD Jurassic Match Play” - we’ve expanded the format this year to provide more pinball, more games played and more points for competitors. 6 x 3 game rounds catering for a capacity of 54 competitors, commencing from 10 am. This year, Finals will be staged on Saturday evening for the 16 successful qualifiers.

Hey Vaughan,

Just a question regarding the prize structure for the Noosa Pinball Fest. Sorry if you or anyone else feels like this query should have been sent via pm but I think full transparency is the best policy as far as pinball finances are concerned.

Just wondering how prize pools for the main comp were calculated, and, why the were finalised before ticket sales were even half way done (or maybe even before they commenced?).

In my tournament experience the prize pool generally swells with participation, yet I saw a post on Facebook advertising 30 something tickets remaining but an already fixed first prize of $150.

Completely fair enough if the prize pool is contributed to by sponsors and or yourself and all ticket proceeds go towards venue / maintenance and any other associated costs, just keen to try wrap my head around it all.

Cheers mate,

Gino

Hi Gino, sure no problem mate, thanks for asking.

Yes, you’re right - our prizes this year are fixed, not indexed against the total ticket sales. This was detailed in the comp plan provided from day one. Whilst some competitions do float their cash prize values, its not compulsory to do it like that or .... indeed to provide any cash prizes at all.

Staging pop up pinball events carry’s a significant hard cost which can easily meet or outstrip the face value of the total tickets sold, leaving little or no prize money. Which is about normal in my experience.... and the tickets are priced accordingly. In this case $35 for a competition that will run all day and most of the evening... is great value entertainment!

We’ve changed the prize payout plan for our 2019 AMD Noosa Festival of Pinball after feedback from last years competition where prize money was indexed against the player ticketing revenue, because it created unnecessary challenges.

Firstly, it took time to gather the actual money from the 3rd party ticketing provider (which we arent using this year). Also, its not simple to calculate the prize payout per comp because at our event, some players purchase multi comp tickets with discounts applied, so individual comp revenue/prize value becomes unclear.

We also had one or two people speculate over the prize money, calculating the total players against the prize pool and questioning the maths... forgetting to identify that Sponsors, Venue, Game Day Volunteers and Game providers all play for free. These are discussions I’d rather avoid!

After hard costs of the 2018 event were covered and several player cancellations were factored in, the result was no prize money would have been available. So I personally underwrote it, based on the indexed structure we’d outlined in the plan. Not a huge issue for me, and as I recall the cash prizes themselves were small.

This year, we’ve decided to fix the prize money upfront so there are no questions and everyone knows what is being offered. In our experience, the players at our events really value the experience and the trophies above the modest prize money available anyway.

In good news... the cash prize amounts offered this year will exceed last years cash giveaways, we are offering more total games played in qualifying and we’re capping the numbers slightly lower, so its a WIN/WIN. This will also allow us to hand out the cash prizes at the completion of the event with the trophies. This change is largely due to the kind support we’ve received from AMD who have contributed to the costs of purchasing trophies.

As a footnote I’d say that any players coming to this event to win cash are probably not attending for the right reasons, and by publishing the cash figures upfront we avoid conjecture.

We’re a “fun comes first” club, always have - always will be.

Hope you can come and play with us this year, just 15 tickets remaining.

VJ

- - - Updated - - -

No Dates?

Thanks... Rectified.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by sunshinecoastpinball