Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Woopi FreeBallers Inc HouseBall Club Challenge 29/11-1/12-2019

First interclub challenge is to be held at mine at Woolgoolga (near Coffs Harbour) From Friday 29th Novemeber till Monday 1st December 2019 all welcome.

4 days of pinball but the main competition will be 1pm Sunday afternoon.

There is room here for swags and 3 caravan parks and a couple motels. Looking to host a regular event and anyone from anywhere is welcome. There's room for more machines if anyone wants to bring one, but there's six machines here atm with more on the way.

Will be running the BBQ, byo drinks and anything else you require. Competitions over the weekend are yet to be decided but it will be mostly casual fun play with the usual rule at mine which is No Drama.

Let me know your intention if coming and i'll pm the address closer to the event. Hoping the boys from Burringbar will be here and some of the Tweed players as well as anyone else who want's to join.

Will update as i invent more news. Suggestions also welcome.

Edited by punkin

First interclub challenge is to be held at mine at Woolgoolga (near Coffs Harbour) From Friday 29th Novemeber till Monday 1st December 2019 all welcome.

4 days of pinball but the main competition will be 1pm Sunday afternoon.

There is room here for swags and 3 caravan parks and a couple motels. Looking to host a regular event and anyone from anywhere is welcome. There's room for more machines if anyone wants to bring one, but there's six machines here atm with more on the way.

Will be running the BBQ, byo drinks and anything else you require. Competitions over the weekend are yet to be decided but it will be mostly casual fun play with the usual rule at mine which is No Drama.

Let me know your intention if coming and i'll pm the address closer to the event. Hoping the boys from Burringbar will be here and some of the Tweed players as well as anyone else who want's to join.

Will update as i invent more news. Suggestions also welcome.

I count 7 machines?

You will be most welcome. We have an informal comp every Sunday here too if you wanted to try before you buy. 12pm start for a 1pm comp time.

Usually tween 4 and 9 people here for a relaxing afternoon social competition. minor prize for the winner and a bit of nibblies served. BYO drinks etc.

PM for address.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an unexpected delivery yesterday afternoon. Becuase of the labelling it was easier to open the box from the bottom.

I did that and saw that gthe box was full of small packets of twisties. Now everyone who knows me well knows that i have a fetish kind of aversion to twisties, cheezo's burger rings and all thing similar.

So much so that they have always been barred from my house and my family would wait until i was away for a few days before sneaking them in and getting their filthy twistie hands all over doorknobs, sheets, lounge and remotes before i returned where the grandkids would delight in telling me they had been eating twisties in my bed with Nan.

So anyway, my mate says what else is in there/

I say 'i guess we'll never know' as i headed down the back to the wheelie bin.

trophy2.jpg.ef8756a0a1a26a4d45600cd2500149c7.jpg

As i was walking past the ute i thought it may be safe to peek in the box as it was outdoors and couldn't infect my house. I pulled this thing out of the box and threw the twisties.

trophy1.jpg.d9e79b1c592aae8b82effe8c3fb6cdbd.jpg

Bit of background.

It was July 21st, my brother and his wife had traveled from Sydney and were staying the weekend in the hopes of winning Sunday Silverball. they gave it a good shot and my brother managed the finals where i defeated him.

My prize i chose was a miniature soccerball that would replace the one i had snaffled once before but wouldn't inflate.

I'd had my eye on this ball for a while.

My brother and his wife left the next day for Sydney and an hour later i got a text message with a picture. It was Wilson the soccerball on his dashboard somewhere south.

It was only a couple weeks ago i saw my mom in the nursing home.

She said "Your brother dropped in on the way past the other week. He said he won the pinball comp. he said you cheated but he still won"

So i'm assuming that either my brother or his wife made or commissioned this. I'm not sure if the skinned Wilson to do it, but the ball on top is not him, although it is the same size.

The ball at the front is a modified newton ball and there are other pinball and soccer references.

There was a note.

trophy3.jpg.69deed193e68a755634e75eeae62ce28.jpg

This cinches it circumstantially at least. i do hope it's not Wilson been skinned and tanned.

So the thought occurred what am i going to do with it?

And then the thought of the first Interclub challenge tween Tweed and Woopi occurred and the further thought that with some slight mods it could make a very good perpetual trophy.

Looking for suggestions besides the Perpetual Trophy shield.

• 2 months later...