No announcement yet.

Woopi FreeBallers Inc HouseBall Club Challenge 29/11-1/12-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will be most welcome. We have an informal comp every Sunday here too if you wanted to try before you buy. 12pm start for a 1pm comp time.

Usually tween 4 and 9 people here for a relaxing afternoon social competition. minor prize for the winner and a bit of nibblies served. BYO drinks etc.

PM for address.
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

I got an unexpected delivery yesterday afternoon. Becuase of the labelling it was easier to open the box from the bottom.

I did that and saw that gthe box was full of small packets of twisties. Now everyone who knows me well knows that i have a fetish kind of aversion to twisties, cheezo's burger rings and all thing similar.
      So much so that they have always been barred from my house and my family would wait until i was away for a few days before sneaking them in and getting their filthy twistie hands all over doorknobs, sheets, lounge and remotes before i returned where the grandkids would delight in telling me they had been eating twisties in my bed with Nan.

So anyway, my mate says what else is in there/
      I say 'i guess we'll never know' as i headed down the back to the wheelie bin.

trophy2.jpg

As i was walking past the ute i thought it may be safe to peek in the box as it was outdoors and couldn't infect my house. I pulled this thing out of the box and threw the twisties.

trophy1.jpg

Bit of background.

It was July 21st, my brother and his wife had traveled from Sydney and were staying the weekend in the hopes of winning Sunday Silverball. they gave it a good shot and my brother managed the finals where i defeated him.
      My prize i chose was a miniature soccerball that would replace the one i had snaffled once before but wouldn't inflate.
      I'd had my eye on this ball for a while.

My brother and his wife left the next day for Sydney and an hour later i got a text message with a picture. It was Wilson the soccerball on his dashboard somewhere south.
      It was only a couple weeks ago i saw my mom in the nursing home.
      She said "Your brother dropped in on the way past the other week. He said he won the pinball comp. he said you cheated but he still won"

So i'm assuming that either my brother or his wife made or commissioned this. I'm not sure if the skinned Wilson to do it, but the ball on top is not him, although it is the same size.
      The ball at the front is a modified newton ball and there are other pinball and soccer references.

There was a note.

trophy3.jpg

This cinches it circumstantially at least. i do hope it's not Wilson been skinned and tanned.

So the thought occurred what am i going to do with it?

And then the thought of the first Interclub challenge tween Tweed and Woopi occurred and the further thought that with some slight mods it could make a very good perpetual trophy.

Looking for suggestions besides the Perpetual Trophy shield.
      In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
      Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
      Looking for;

Comment

Thinking of canning this due to lack of commitment. Plenty of interest but i have to cater so not keen on doing that on spec.
        Looking for;

Comment

Hey I,m in. Thats been on the radar for ages now.
          Anyone from southport coming down ? I need some windows for my van brought down. Please
          PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

I didnt even know about this.
            Distance will be the killer and wrong time of the year.
            Also you do know Houseball is copyrighted

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X