Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

{NSW} Woolgoolga Sunday SilverBall (Coffs Harbour)

Come one, come all, it's Sunday SilverBall.

Come join the Woopi Freeballers for a Sunday afternoon social comp. There's beers and snacks and jokes and laughs, a prize for the winner and a great time with no dramas (the only real rule). We are only social players, none is good here, so you may be able to take out the prize of your choice easy.....

We have a few machines now and we play everything from Pingolf to Matchplay depending on numbers.

https://www.facebook.com/Woopi-Freeballers-Inc-1079332152257683

Updated every week, if we aren't travelling for comp it's likely to be on at punkin's. Practice from 11, kickoff 1pm sharp.

PM or use the book thing for an invite and an address.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woopi Freeballers are hosting the Sunday SilverBall again this week.

All welcome, PM or use the book of faces for the address.

Challenge thrown out to the Burringbar boys this morning for a future interclub now we have 4 machines here and Hurricane coming soon.

come-one-come-all-its-sunday-silverball.jpg.1bae9d8e74b26fca0f33b8d828437df0.jpg

A small but exciting Match Play comp saw Glenn win a playoff for a chance to go up against Zak in the final.

Glenn emerged on top in a very close game and took his first win, congrats mate. And i'm sure your wife will appreciate your chosen prize of the referee's whistle each time you need to catch her attention.

Back again next Sunday, same battime, same bloody place.

IMGP0247.jpg.b99aa82c02eabcf4933dd1297df2fc44.jpg

... Challenge thrown out to the Burringbar boys this morning for a future interclub now we have 4 machines here and Hurricane coming soon...

I'll speak for the boys and say that they'll be there.

If you can make it a whole weekend pinny gig, I've got some friends in both Bello and Macksville I've been meaning to visit for far too long. I can visit one lot on the way up to your joint, and the other on the way back.

Would be a wicked week.

Cheers,

G

Yes, absolutely can do. Send PM or email to punkin@stilldragon.com.au we'll work out details. There's plenty of room here for swags and there's two comfy single bed mattresses for first in or the girls. I sent Tim a text yesterday but haven't heard back from him.

There's plenty of room if you wanted to bring some pins down too.

I only work a couple hours a day on weekdays and i skive off now and then without getting in the shit with myself.

Palatial private retreat complete with mirror ball for Saturday Night Fever;

office46.jpg.b62b247503050ed1bc24ca62d394abcc.jpg

office47.jpg.b08b052e31be7f559a450482d108c4b4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the late update.

Sunday Silverball was run and won last week during a scheduled blackout. Thanks to Rick for bringing the generator that allowed us to run 4 pinballs.

Winner on the day in a 3 man final was punkin with @Parazio and Matt bringing up the placings.

Great day was had by all and the new machines were a great hit.

pinball11.jpg.75b5f8925b853698d65aed8247626cec.jpg

If you can make it a whole weekend pinny gig, I've got some friends in both Bello and Macksville I've been meaning to visit for far too long. I can visit one lot on the way up to your joint, and the other on the way back.

Would be a wicked week.

Cheers,

G

@G

Just threw it back down to Tim.

Any weekend in November, you guys choose. Bring pins or not, stay as long as you want. Room for 6 or more to camp here. 2 mins to the beach.

Would be a wicked week.

Cheers,

G

Seems Tim hasn't got a favourite weekend in November @G so it's up to you to name the date. He say's they'll be here any weekend so whatever suits you. We're here anyway.

Name a date and we'll fix the Inaugural Interclub North Coast Challenge.

We'll host this one, the next one can be at the Sports Club up there or at Bennies sometime in the New Year.

All looks good to me.

I'm thinking I might take the opportunity to take a couple of months or so hitching and busking the east coast. Would be awesome to be able to make it well past the border and up to Townsville/Mackay.

I'm committing myself to a big pinny gig in QLD over 13-15 DEC, so maybe we should look at NOV 29, or DEC 6 for the Coffs' Kerfuffle?

Cheers,

G

Excellent mate, would be great to see you down here. You could come down for the day if you didn't want to make a big trip of it. Only three hours drive, maybe quicker by the end if they have some of the roadwork opened.

• 2 weeks later...

Great day was on yesterday with a contingent of 4 from Coffs, 4 from Woopi and a ring in from down the coast, welcome Herb to his first SilverBall, seems it won't be his last.

@ZAK72 played off for second and third place in the finals against Rick and Neil with Matt assured a place if memory serves which saw Zac, Matt and Neil in the final best of three. Zac came home strongly for the win, congrats mate.

pinball21.jpg.83db629af37d60b013a45070c458359c.jpg

Same place next Sunday and then a week off the following week for Pinfest.

Looking forward to Matt bringing his new Black Night up next time he comes to try and get the trophy:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday Silverball continues to grow, you know if you build it and all that?

This week saw our new scoring Display setup and t4ested succesfully and 13 players make the 1pm cut.

A few teething probs with match play saw a delayed start, but we are starting to dial our procedure in on that.

The final four were sorted after a play off and a close fought battle saw @Parazio come out narrowly on top. Great effort considering how sick he was on the day.

Congrats to the other finalists, Chris, Jo And myself in the rear.

sb4.jpg.78726142bf7fdea1f893fedbb9056f89.jpg

sb3.jpg.51b05a2ae734dfc50bf78850abbbba95.jpg

sb2.jpg.6727f53d0fc76b37bc8d10af7d833d61.jpg

sball1.jpg.ac9f4395b0f596e67adce2d09a35d86b.jpg

Another great afternoon yesterday with a cosy 5 starters we had a prelim of Deadpool Pingolf and a 3 man final.

Final was Gavin, Zac and myself and we needed a 3 way sudden death shootout at the end for a tie.

@ZAK72 was victorious in the end, congrats.

pb7.jpg.fc225d733f0363c2b801b0ad3ce0710e.jpg

All welcome for Sunday Silverball tomoz once again.

Featuring US style BBQ for lunch, smoked a couple of fatties today and did some Atomic buffalo Turds for good measure.

Pm for the addy if interested in an afternoon of laughs and sledging.