Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Harbourside EM Challenge- May 18

After a hiatus of almost a year, the Harbourside EM Challenge is back, Saturday May 18, 11AM at Luna Park Sydney. Come and check out Sydney's largest collection of sited EMs and play a tournament with 100% TGP.

General:

*Competition venue is Coney Island at Luna Park Sydney, 1 Olympic Drive, Milsons Point NSW 2061. More details here: http://www.lunaparksydney.com/

*Date & time: May 18, starting at 11AM. Finals are expected to begin at approximately 2:00 and finish around 3:30.

*Cost of entry to Coney Island is $15. Cost of games is $1/credit. Players must pay for their own games (including finals) and entry to the venue. Participation in the tournament itself is free.

*Prizes: First place $50, second & third place $15 each (cost of Coney Island entry)

*In the event of a malfunction, a machine may need to be removed from the tournament. If this occurs during qualifying, all games previously completed on that machine will be void. Malfunctions during finals will be subject to adjudication.

*Death saves and bangbacks are not allowed and will result in a score of 0 being recorded for that game.

*Luna Park requires enclosed footwear to be worn inside Coney Island.

*IFPA endorsed with 100% TGP.

Qualifying:

*Qualifying begins at 11AM and ends at 1:30 PM. No qualifying games may be started after 1:30.

*Players will play 17 games and record their scores. This may involve playing some machines twice.

*Players may not re-play a game to try to improve their score.

*All scores must be verified by a designated scorekeeper.

*Scores on each machine will be ranked highest to lowest and points awarded. The lowest score on each machine will receive 1 point, second lowest receives 2 points etc. Highest score will receive points equal to number of players.

*Machines played twice during qualifying will have games designated as game 1 and game 2 for the purposes of point allocation (eg Sky Line Game 1 will be treated as a different set of results to Sky Line Game 2).

*Points from all machines will be added together and the top 4 qualifiers will advance to finals.

*Where a tie occurs for the top 4, the higher position will go to the player with a higher score on more games (eg player A outscored player B on 11 of the 17 qualifying games; player A will therefore be ranked higher).

*Important: A player must alert a designated scorekeeper when getting close to rolling the score. Failure to do so may result in the score being recorded as though the scoring had not been rolled.

Finals:

*All finals matches will be played as single-player games, even if the machine allows multi-player games.

*All finals match-ups will be single elimination, best of 5. Higher ranked player chooses machine (from qualifying machines only) and lower ranked player chooses play order on games 1, 3 and 5. Reverse applies for game 2 & 4. A player may not select the same machine twice during a best of five match up, but may choose a machine previously selected by their opponent.

*For semi-finals, highest qualifier plays 4th qualifier; 2nd plays 3rd.

*Winners of semi-finals will play each other in the grand final.

*3rd and 4th place will be determined by qualifying position.

*Should there be fewer than 8 players in the tournament, the top two players will play a best of five final, under the conditions set out above.

Edited by Pie Chucker

Onya Regan, need my Pluto Dog fix !!

With work that morning, expect possibility of arriving as late as 1 pm; with my history of rapid and brutal annihilation at the hands of those SS and EM beasts....that probably gives me enough time to complete qualifying games before 1.30 pm !

Will aim to arrive as early as possible, so, please sign me up if that's ok, looking forward, cheers

Has anybody thought about voting on the day of the comp at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not ideal, but I already had to change the date from the previous weekend due to Mothers' Day. I think people's mothers deserve a break more than a bunch of scumbag politicians.

If possible, vote pre-poll during the week leading up to the 18th...there will be a location in your hood where this can be done.

I know all these things, but just wanted to put it out there so people can have things planned for it. Wazza.[emoji851]

• 2 weeks later...
Won't Coney Island be open to members of the public at that time? Will tournament players have priority to play machines over members of the general public? How does it all work with screaming kids running everywhere ?

General public are there, but there are plenty off machines to play. First on for anyone. Plus also, the holidays have just finished and numbers will be down. Played there another time and most of the aren’t interested in them anyway.

Won't Coney Island be open to members of the public at that time? Will tournament players have priority to play machines over members of the general public? How does it all work with screaming kids running everywhere ?

This will be my third HSEMC , It's a great day out revelling in the brutality of these machines, huge variety......come along !

Had a quick session at Luna Park on Sunday, and there's now an EVEN BIGGER line up of games. The full list:

Ali Baba

Pop A Card

Fast Draw

Campus Queen

Williams King Pin

Gottlieb King Pin

Moulin Rouge

Zig Zag

Beat the Clock

Square Head

Jungle

Eye Of The Tiger

Big Shot

Big Brave

Round Up

Pioneer

Mata Hari

Captain Fantastic

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Royal Flush

Jack in the Box

Turf Champ

Hi-Score Pool

Roto Pool

Tic Tac Toe

Apollo

Olympics

Soccer

Sky Line

Jacks Open

Sky Jump

Currently working through which games will be included in the tournament. I want to include both of the woodrails (Tic Tac Toe & Roto Pool) and some of the new games, but depends on the rulesets and how they're playing. Round Up will not be included due to the randomness of the high value spinner. I should have more info after this weekend.

Also note that some of these games have gobble holes and a tilt that ends the game, not just ball in play.

Subject to machine availability and condition on the day, this is the line up I'm looking at for the tournament:

Apollo

Big Brave

Big Shot

Captain Fantastic

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Eye of the Tiger

Fast Draw

Hi-Score Pool

Jack in the Box

Jacks Open

Mata Hari

Moulin Rouge

Pioneer

Roto Pool

Soccer

Tic Tac Toe

Zig Zag

I'd recommend looking up Hi-Score Pool if you haven't played it before. It's a very unusual game with only about 25% of the playfield actually visible and a unique scoring system.