Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LISY PCBs and Parts Co-op

Collapse

Section for organising group buying of pinball parts.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LISY PCBs and Parts Co-op

Looking to set up a list of any spare LISY boards that people have sitting around that might be useful to others to keep machines running!

Not sure how many are familiar with the LISY boards, but Ralf in Germany is doing a great job of designing and providing the designs for free for a lot of Gottlieb, Bally and Stern boards. These include CPU boards that use a Raspberry Pi, CPU boards using an FPGA as the main brains, and also some display and power supply boards (amongst a tonne of others!)

https://lisy.dev/

He's putting up the designs including Gerber files and Bills of Materials, making these relatively simple to order from PCB fabrication places like JLCPCB, and parts from Digikey, Mouser etc.

Since these places typically have a minimum order of board numbers, I thought it would be good to keep track of who's got spares of certain boards, who might benefit from bulk parts orders etc. I'll start the ball rolling offering some Gottlieb System 80 Power Supply boards, and keep the list updated here if anyone else has boards or parts to offer. I think it's reasonable to share at cost price plus shipping, or for swaps etc.

Contact the user to discuss pickup, shipping, prices etc. Post here to get added to the list or update quantities available!
    Board Notes Link User Quantity Available Location
    Gottlieb System80 power supply - v2.0 Standard options JLCPCB, green https://lisy.dev/system80-power-supply.html @Zzap 3 ACT
    Lisy80 - Gottlieb System 80 (inc A/B) Raspberry Pi CPU https://lisy.dev/lisy80.html @adfit 3 Melbourne, VIC
    Last edited by Zzap; 12 January 2021, 08:32 AM.

Thankyou. I had no idea such boards were out there.

Comment

Hi everyone and thank you Zzap - I have 3 spare Lisy80 boards. These are got Gottlieb System 80 games. Happy to add them to your list. They're in Melb but happy to post.

Comment

Thanks adfit , I'll get the list updated.

I've tried editing the post but the updates don't show up for me... they do show up in a reply if I quote though?!

Arcade King - any ideas why my post is not editing correctly?

Originally posted by Zzap View Post
        Looking to set up a list of any spare LISY boards that people have sitting around that might be useful to others.

Not sure how many are familiar with the LISY boards, but Ralf in Germany is doing a great job of designing and providing the designs for free for a lot of Gottlieb, Bally and Stern boards. These include CPU boards that use a Raspberry Pi, CPU boards using an FPGA as the main brains, and also some display and power supply boards (amongst a tonne of others!)

https://lisy.dev/

He's putting up the designs including Gerber files and Bills of Materials, making these relatively simple to order from PCB fabrication places like JLCPCB, and parts from Digikey, Mouser etc.

Since these places typically have a minimum order of board numbers, I thought it would be good to keep track of who's got spares of certain boards, who might benefit from bulk parts orders etc. I'll start the ball rolling offering some Gottlieb System 80 Power Supply boards, and keep the list updated here if anyone else has boards or parts to offer. I think it's reasonable to share at cost price plus shipping, or for swaps etc.

Contact the user to discuss pickup, shipping, prices etc. Post here to get added to the list or update quantities available!
        Board Notes Link User Quantity Available Location
        Gottlieb System80 power supply - v2.0 Standard options JLCPCB, green https://lisy.dev/system80-power-supply.html @Zzap 3 ACT
        Lisy80 - Gottlieb System 80 (inc A/B) Raspberry Pi CPU https://lisy.dev/lisy80.html adfit t 3 Melbourne, VIC

Comment

I have no idea what you did to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
            I have no idea what you did to begin with
            I just tried to edit the post I posted yesterday by adding a second row to the table with adfit's board details. When I hit save the refreshed page didn't show the update. When I hit edit again, the update is in there, and when I hit quote on a reply to the original post it also shows the changes.

Comment

I'd really like to see how these boards compare to original boards as in time to fire coils etc. Is there any noticable lag? Not worried how long to bootup when turned on initally but how quick coils respond to a switch being activated like bumpers in game play.

Comment

I'm still building mine Autosteve , but Zzap says he has one running a System 80 and it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Zzap View Post

I just tried to edit the post I posted yesterday by adding a second row to the table with adfit's board details. When I hit save the refreshed page didn't show the update. When I hit edit again, the update is in there, and when I hit quote on a reply to the original post it also shows the changes.
                  I cleared the system cache see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
                    I'd really like to see how these boards compare to original boards as in time to fire coils etc. Is there any noticable lag? Not worried how long to bootup when turned on initally but how quick coils respond to a switch being activated like bumpers in game play.
                    I’m running a Lisy80 board with a RaspberryPi 4 in my “The Games” and haven’t noticed any difference in gameplay lag of coils or switches. It runs Pinmame to emulate the original, or you can fully reprogram using the Mission Pinball Framework if you want to get into home brew!

Other neat feature is since it runs on the Raspberry Pi, you can actually log into a web interface and you get a very cool diagnostic interface to test switches, coils, lamps etc.

The FPGA versions being developed would be best to have exact recreation of the original CPU, instant boot time etc (boot is around 30 seconds I think with RPi), but I don’t think it would have the network interface.

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

I cleared the system cache see if that helps.
                    That seems to have done the trick

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X