Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TZ Twilight Zone owners... did you know...?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TZ Twilight Zone owners... did you know...?

If you own a TZ with Home Rom intalled, AND you've never been able to achieve LITZ before, did you know that you can invoke a 'LITZ practice round' during a game without having to go through the process of achieving it?

For those that haven't already read this article, it's old but still very interesting:

http://gameroomblog.com/guides/romancing-the-zone
    - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

I learned something new about TZ on the weekend as well that made me go "WTF is this not standard"??

If you are in a game with the ball trapped on the flipper, you can pause your game (lock the flipper up) by pressing the "extra ball" button..... I never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by razorsedge View Post
      I learned something new about TZ on the weekend as well that made me go "WTF is this not standard"??

If you are in a game with the ball trapped on the flipper, you can pause your game (lock the flipper up) by pressing the "extra ball" button..... I never knew that.
      Yep. But only with the home rom I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by robm View Post

Yep. But only with the home rom I believe.
        Mine has commercial ROM, sited. Yep, works no problems!

Not a home rom fan anyway. If I get a game with them in they are the first thing to be repaired. Even if it's staying at home

Comment

The "Mute & Pause" feature was introduced in 9.4H (free play only) in 1998, created by Ted Estes (one of the original TZ coders). He made it a home version as it was an unofficial Williams release and ask that it remain that way. However someone then created a variant of it called 9.4CH which allows free play or paid credits (other than this the two versions are identical), after which Ted has said he'd never work on doing another TZ ROM update.

Comment

I think it turns off and you lose the ball after 10 mins. Can't remember off the top of my head. I tried it a few years ago. The only issue with doing this is it breaks your mojo if you were on a roll
            - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

Wow, no need to jam the flipper button with a match any longer. That was so common in arcades through the 70s. Another reason why the Bally SS machines with the center posts were consistant earners. School kids taking the day off spent in the arcade had to make there money last some way.
              I wouldn't encourage holding the flippers up for extended periods of time. I'm yet to see a pinball flipper coil that doesn't get weak over time through being held on.

Comment

Should be on all pinny's today i reckon, with say an adjustable timer where it will release the ball after the set time. Purely to help look after the coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Cursed View Post
                  Should be on all pinny's today i reckon, with say an adjustable timer where it will release the ball after the set time. Purely to help look after the coils.
                  Do it on an acdc and see what happens.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X