Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning to newbies about buying site unseen.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I just noticed the previous Last action hero buyer feedback for him,

    good condition doesn't = broken parts, missing pieces & a fairy story full of BS

    Comment


    • #17
      trav [MENTION=1]Arcade King[/MENTION] do you know how he payed for it? if he payed with pp i would suggest to the poor guy to file a dispute
      looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Rob1966 View Post
        That is nothing but a scam there is no way that is the same Machine as in the ad picture wise
        The seller is nothing but a prick if he is saying that is the same machine as the one this thread is about


        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        It's the same machine I can assure you.

        Originally posted by illawarra_steelers View Post
        trav [MENTION=1]Arcade King[/MENTION] do you know how he payed for it? if he payed with pp i would suggest to the poor guy to file a dispute
        Not sure Tony, hopefully the buyer will join AA.

        Comment


        • #19
          Damn that sort of shit Is so wrong on so many levels, Shame he didnt charge back the prick via paypal. that seller deserves it

          This industry is really going down the shitter, You used to get people selling shit pinballs, but Unlike now it wasnt for the crazy money, People lost a couple hundred dollars before now its thousands

          Needs service rubbers and globes
          how misleading is that

          his feedback has this comment on another pinball

          good condition doesn't = broken parts, missing pieces & a fairy story full of BS

          Comment


          • #20
            Buyers get caught up in the hype thinking that they are on a good wicket, unfortunately the lesson learned is always inspect, you need to see what your buying

            Comment


            • #21
              As much as the seller misrepresented the game and didn’t tell the whole story, the buyer has to take the blame for this.

              What was the main motivation for the purchase?? buyer thought he was getting a bargain.

              It was the hope that he’d get it cheap and it would just be a fuse scenario.

              Greed works both ways.

              Good luck with this one Trav.

              Regards,

              Johns-Arcade.

              Comment


              • #22
                I disagree the pictures in the ad show a much better looking machine making the deal seem a lot better the actual, whereas the machine that turned up looks like it's just done in White House paint making it very deceptive
                And I don't know about anyone else but $2100 doesn't sound like a bargain to me sounds like on the money for that sort of machine in good condition


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rob1966 View Post
                  I disagree the pictures in the ad show a much better looking machine making the deal seem a lot better the actual, whereas the machine that turned up looks like it's just done in White House paint making it very deceptive
                  And I don't know about anyone else but $2100 doesn't sound like a bargain to me sounds like on the money for that sort of machine in good condition


                  Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  I thought it was white paint at first as well from Travis picture but i think it it just tje light shining on the grey making it look white. Not defending the seller at all but was a mistake i made when first looking at the 2 sets of pics.

                  Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by robm View Post
                    I thought it was white paint at first as well from Travis picture but i think it it just tje light shining on the grey making it look white. Not defending the seller at all but was a mistake i made when first looking at the 2 sets of pics.

                    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                    Not only that the leg bolt brackets were stripped in the same places and no art on the sides. The glass which I didn't take a pic of is identical.
                    Point of this thread is Newbies should take more care doing research before making impulse buys.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rob1966 View Post
                      I disagree the pictures in the ad show a much better looking machine making the deal seem a lot better the actual, whereas the machine that turned up looks like it's just done in White House paint making it very deceptive
                      And I don't know about anyone else but $2100 doesn't sound like a bargain to me sounds like on the money for that sort of machine in good condition


                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Well it looks like the same machine to me.

                      As Trav mentioned, the guy could have walked into the shed and left with a nice working machine for less than what it's going to cost him to get this game up and running reliably, but he took a gamble on trying to save a buck and lost.

                      Regards,

                      Johns-Arcade.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Johns-Arcade View Post
                        As much as the seller misrepresented the game and didn’t tell the whole story, the buyer has to take the blame for this.

                        What was the main motivation for the purchase?? buyer thought he was getting a bargain.

                        It was the hope that he’d get it cheap and it would just be a fuse scenario.

                        Greed works both ways.

                        Good luck with this one Trav.

                        Regards,

                        Johns-Arcade.
                        Spiderman was a theme he wanted, this guy had no clue what he was getting into, he was ripped pure and simple.
                        I agree he has to shoulder some blame for not doing his research.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by robm View Post
                          I thought it was white paint at first as well from Travis picture but i think it it just tje light shining on the grey making it look white. Not defending the seller at all but was a mistake i made when first looking at the 2 sets of pics.

                          Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                          Boy I gotta say it looks a lot better in the ad the two sets of pics are deceiving though


                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Rob1966 View Post
                            Boy I gotta say it looks a lot better in the ad the two sets of pics are deceiving though


                            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            I'll take a pic of the front of the cab tomorrow.
                            I think it looks better in his photo's because the pics were taking under softer fluorescent lights, my pics were taken with natural sunlight blaring through the shed door.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              [MENTION=9161]Rob1966[/MENTION]

                              what you recon mate, worth $300? lol

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by jason1 View Post
                                [MENTION=9161]Rob1966[/MENTION]

                                what you recon mate, worth $300? lol
                                Oh at least something that rare rare rare [emoji106][emoji23]


                                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X