Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning to newbies about buying site unseen.

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning to newbies about buying site unseen.

A nice chap came in today and brought his machine straight from the depot to us. This was an Ebay purchase he had shipped from WA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	1898611Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0531.jpg
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	1898613
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0532.jpg
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	1898612Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0533.jpg
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	1898614

This is just a reminder to newbies to the hobby to never buy a machine site unseen. The bloke bought this from ebay thinking he was getting a bargain which cost him over 2k including shipping to Queensland for what you see here.
    I spent about an hour today going over the whole machine with him pointing out how much time, effort and money its going to cost him to get this thing running. As you can see its not pretty, not working and smells like a moldy sock.
    I wouldn't normally touch a game like this just due to the unknowns and time but I felt bad for the customer and he's agreed to be patient.

For around the same money he paid for this he could have got a fully shopped and working game around the same vintage, lesson learned the hard way.

Even though it was a ripoff price wise it depends what was stated and pictured in the ad...

If it's different then he has a case with Ebay customer service

can we see the ad?

Comment

Think that spidey was on gumtree too. If same seller (incase was sold and reflipped again) another guy had issues buying and shipping to over east
      you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by vintage View Post
        Even though it was a ripoff price wise it depends what was stated and pictured in the ad...

If it's different then he has a case with Ebay customer service

can we see the ad?
        From what I was told by the buyer the seller told him it "was" working but stopped. He certainly wasn't expecting what he got.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
          From what I was told by the buyer the seller told him it "was" working but stopped. He certainly wasn't expecting what he got.
          Yeah I found the ad.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-M...-/162655884409

Spidey pin from May of 1980

Machine has been stored in a box and rugged up since 1985

A true survivor

In original nick

Sold as is seen in pics

Inspections welcome

Needs service rubbers and globes

Comment

Originally posted by vintage View Post
            Yeah I found the ad.
            Go ahead

Comment

Seller is a operator selling under different user account than his main one.

Sadly been bit shonky long as i been collecting and been stung my self with a "just needs a power supply" old line when was bit green

Shame when people get stung big as kills off the hobby for newcommers
              you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162655884409

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

clears throat - the word shill comes to mind looking at the bidding history
                  looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

Looks better in his ad. Definitely misleading. Is this the same guy with the firepower a few weeks back?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the one, very misleading ad.
                      3 of the leg brackets had to be replaced also just so we could stand it up.

Comment

haha [MENTION=5499]Boots[/MENTION] is gonna love that, t***n in the bidding history again

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                          That's the one, very misleading ad.
                          3 of the leg brackets had to be replaced also just so we could stand it up.
                          false advertising more like it. pictures look like a younger more attractive version before it was left to rot away and turn into a doorstop

- - - Updated - - -

just had another look and I cannot believe that they are one and the same machine

Comment

I think the end of the ad says "good luck" , its also should have had "your gonna need it !"

Comment

That is nothing but a scam there is no way that is the same Machine as in the ad picture wise
                              The seller is nothing but a prick if he is saying that is the same machine as the one this thread is about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Putting out the feelers for my next early Gotlieb project

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X