Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Moving pinball tip

swine hoont

Pushing machine backward causes the back legs to vibrate shaking the crap out of the machine.

After sliding this game in and out 20 times trying to fix faults I decided to try some standard size pool cues to brace the back legs.

Perfect fit, the bump rubber on the cue just squeezes in.

Smooth sliding, the sticks are already in the room might as well use them.

I know you guys think I am a top bloke

IMAG1328.thumb.jpg.eb424a3f4e26f8a4f01dcd59a3b1345a.jpg

Crawl under the pinball, arch the back up to take the weight off the legs and move forward on all fours. That is exactly as I did to locate pinballs beside other pinballs on site.

You can also adjust the leg adjusters using this method.;)

I do like your ingenuity though, brilliant.:rolleyes

Crawl under the pinball, arch the back up to take the weight off the legs and move forward on all fours. That is exactly as I did to locate pinballs beside other pinballs on site.

You can also adjust the leg adjusters using this method.;)

I do like your ingenuity though, brilliant.:rolleyes

The turtle method!

Orthopaedic Surgeons like people using the turtle method as well. Back surgery costs $36k metal hardware + $12k hospital stay and doc wages. Pinball trolley $300 approx. Your call now.

I have a trolly & it F%$Ked my Baltic pine floor with wheel tracks.

Yep. Does with Tassie Oak too! :realmad:

I have been looking for alternative pneumatic wheels, but nothing suitable as yet.

Until then, I put down 12mm MDF sheets and roll the trolley on them. It's a bit of a pain, but no wheel tracks in the floor!

Mike.

This is spot on. If your using your back at all, your doing something wrong.

It's the getting my chunky butt down to ground level and under the pin part that messes my back up, once down there the "turtle lift" is a breeze :)

Yep. Does with Tassie Oak too! :realmad:

I have been looking for alternative pneumatic wheels, but nothing suitable as yet.

Until then, I put down 12mm MDF sheets and roll the trolley on them. It's a bit of a pain, but no wheel tracks in the floor!

Mike.

Or porcelain timber look tiles next time

Dont suppose you know someone who sells them......? :D

Actually, just about any tile retailer. Certainly National and other large chains.

There very popular at the moment. The ones I've looked at 600 x 150 or so, so similar to a board.

The good ones actually do look like timber. Bunnings even has them if you want to check them out, but not the best quality tiles obviously.

I looked at these for a bathroom reno we've just completed, but didn't end up choosing them.

I would worry about the tile edges and corners with the weight of the trolley and pin going over them. Not sure if it would be an issue?

Not as good as the 12mm ones I used down the farm but these may be OK.

These are some 8mm ones. Go for the high gloss ones...

https://www.bunnings.com.au/formica-8mm-2-20sqm-spotted-gum-laminate-flooring_p6690289

The 12mm ones I would have highly recommended. I drag my Dynamo Air Hockey and Slated pool table over them with no marks.

""Maybe" these 8mm ones would be up to the job. I know the 6mm tiles are absolutely useless. Bunnings may have alternative 12mm formica tiles now....

• 2 years later...

Don't worry! ... it's all just Fine!

Once you have rolled the trolley over the entire surface it will all Level Out because the Whole Surface will be Evenly Indented!

There's no problem with it, unless you dont like the markings it leaves?. Normal for a softer wood.

Softer eurethane balls; I mean wheels.... ahem, would be better for the softer timber maybe? . Pneumatic might get a bit bouncy or unstable, plus flatties are a downer..

:lol

+1 Turtle (when reqd.)

Turtle is less stress on the machine than sliding. The que idea helps, but still transfers latteral force to the front legs; only good on the smooth low friction floor to leg situation. Trolley is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I have F##*%d pool cues

;)

Don't use them for anything else anyway!? :lol

Can't remember the last time anyone was interested in taking the cover off My pool table :unsure