Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb kewpie doll price check

IAMWZL

uploadfromtaptalk1428822996819.thumb.jpg.0591a0736e038d5aa8a8e730bae93869.jpgHi there everyone, have a mate that had a currently not working gottlieb kewpie doll em. It was working, now its not, but thats another thread that i may have to start.

So, basically, what is 1 worth?

Its pretty banged up with a lot of yuckiness pretty much everywhere. Cabinet is pretty ruff and has been painted "white" (god only knows why).

He's not looking at selling it, more so that he has an idea on what budget (if any) he should allocate to get it to a working playable stage. Or,,if he just offloads it and moves on. Appreciate the help guys. Thanks in advance,,tony :)

[ATTACH]76754[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76755[/ATTACH]

Act now..........Think later.

Cant seem to open your attachments. Depending on if all the parts are there - should come up nice.

Never played this title but seems to be rated high. No problem with the cab - easy artwork to redo.

Depends also what the backglass & playfield condition are.

Whats it worth - Not sure in the current EM market

Tony (Illawarra Steelers) would have a better idea.

Playfield is pretty ordinary, lot of wear behind the middle pop bumper, little cracks on it here and there,,fair amount of scratches particularly underneath the flippers, pretty shabby on the p/f tbh,, i think its missing the coin door,,the rear of the backglass the wood panel is missing, all the parts appear to be there, i think, wouldnt power on though, im not familiar at all with em's, is there meant to be an on/off switch somewhere? Thanks for the input so far, 😊😊

god, this is killing me..i have been chasing one of these since 1980.

what's it worth? as is right now? that game is way out of your mates league (sorry) and she belongs to somebody that will do the right thing and bring it back from the dead.

maybe a few years ago, just too many projects.

right now going off 1 photo around $600-$700

god, this is killing me..i have been chasing one of these since 1980.

what's it worth? as is right now? that game is way out of your mates league (sorry) and she belongs to somebody that will do the right thing and bring it back from the dead.

maybe a few years ago, just too many projects.

right now going off 1 photo around $600-$700

Thanks for the input Tony, i really do appreciate it. Im a bit ojnthe ignorant side when it comes to em's and as such, dont really rate it at all, but,,in light of the comments posted so far, it looks like i should. I just wish i cpuld get something when i plug the damn thing in, apparently it was working, but my (late) sparky mate took things apart and from that point it has not worked. He passed away ast November, and the flatmate, has taken ownership of it, he asked me to have a looksie to see if i could get it up and running, but i honestly have no clue where to start or where to look, (for some humor, i was looking for the on/off switch where modern day cabs hve them and was baffled as to why it wasnt there, lol).

Im not sure if he wants to sell it, i just wanted to see if his guesstimate of its value of 10k+ was way off (my thoughts) or nowhere near the mark. (He seems to think its a goldmine, i should tell him, yeah, 10k by xmas, lol),

I dont know anything about them, and i made mention to him that a post here would more than likely get a honest appraisal for him and possibly some technical assistance.

Thanks heaps people, the comments so far have been fantastic.

😊😊😊

As I said..have been chasing one for over 30 years and would love to put that in storage for a rainy day..cause would really love bringing her back to life..hard to tell off one photo..but most parts can be still be bought new..though then you end up spending more than the actual game is worth and it would be around 120 hours to do it right..the cab graphics would also be a headache..those woodrails are just killer to do..i'm kinda tempted to make an offer but just walked out of my gamesroom and have 4 projects just sitting there.

As I said..have been chasing one for over 30 years and would love to put that in storage for a rainy day..cause would really love bringing her back to life..hard to tell off one photo..but most parts can be still be bought new..though then you end up spending more than the actual game is worth and it would be around 120 hours to do it right..the cab graphics would also be a headache..those woodrails are just killer to do..i'm kinda tempted to make an offer but just walked out of my gamesroom and have 4 projects just sitting there.

;)

Cheers,

Matthew

;)

Cheers,

Matthew

Lol, already got mr joker poker using that mantra Matthew, looks like you're trying to get others onboard as well, 😂😂😂

Embrace the mantra, for it is good.

Lol, already got mr joker poker using that mantra Matthew, looks like you're trying to get others onboard as well,

Embrace the mantra, for it is good.

It's a great mantra, if you can afford it :D

Cheers,

Matthew

• 5 years later...

The guy who claimed ownership of it ended up selling it. It went to a good home, the guy who wanted the appraisal ended up agreeing that it was something way out of his league in terms of restoring it, as far as I was concerned, it was also way out of my league in terms of every aspect of it..... Fortunately for Kewpie Doll, it made its way to someone who would be able to at least know what to do to restore it and bring it back to life. Thanks for your input back in the day Tony, I had no sway in the former owners decision making process, he thought he had a 10k cash cow and thudded back to earth with the realisation that despite its heritage and potential worth, the market for it and the nouse to restore it was a niche and relatively small group. He was hoping it was more valued like a NIB modern day pin.

I've been in hibernation for the past 3 or so years...... Dealt with a marriage break up, thankfully that's over, just me and my girls now, no pins left, just a few arcade machines, my dogs and my daughters, thankfully still have a roof over my head, thankfully also, an ex wife that relocated to another state, a beautiful thing there.....probably a bit too information from me, hibernation has sucked, just when I thought I could crawl out from underneath that rock, along came the bastard covid19 and decided to wreck 2020 for almost everyone all around the world, then thanks to selfishness, ignorance and stupidity of some assbuttheads, Victoria got plunged back into this shit lockdown....... Yayyy, sometimes I wonder, why is it that stupidity and ignorance more often than not wreaks its havoc and walks away from the burning mess that it created as if it were innocent.... Hope you all stay safe and well.

• Like 1