Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US$700 CREATURE FROM BLACK LAGOON HOLOGRAM : $25 CFTBL TOY fix

I cant believe anybody would pay US$700 for a hologram..........a joke? Not.

over 1000 EBAYERS looked in on this one as the $ REELS clicked over

the creature seems to appear desperate to halt the frenzy in the auction photo
    almost pleading with the NUTTERS the fact that "I'm a monster but I am not FU#KING CRAZY!!!!!

heres a 45 minute / $25 fix
    for all those who missed out and havent a clue what to do with their empty pond

I have relocated the mirror motor assembly to the hologram plate and extended the wires
    accordingly

You then have to trim the fins of the back of the model to make a flat surface to screw through
    the top mirror bolt hole into the middle of the back of the toy

I cut a slot along the 90 degree bend on the motor bolt baseplate from the top to about
    20mm from the end (any further and you would cut the bolt hole mounting plate off) and bent the
    tab i created down about 10mm so the TOY sits parallel with the underside of the LAGOON

then all you have to do is drill 1 hole 90mm across & 60mm up from the bottom left corner of the
    hologram plate and bolt the MOTOR assembly & CREATURE onto the plate

I have placed a couple of old WHITEWATER BOULDERS on the sides for effect

You now have a REAL 3D CREATURE that "Rock & Rolls " from side to side when you find him

the CREATURE is made by a company called FUNKO FORCE and costs about $25

get a Soldering Iron, ruler, angle grinder with a MEGALINE ultra thin disc & a drill

and GET ON IT
    Attached Files
    once you go ZAC you cant go back

I'm with you - but you know what the 'purists' can be like

Comment

Good on you for showing some imagination Its only a matter of time before all the CFBL holograms shit themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
        Good on you for showing some imagination Its only a matter of time before all the CFBL holograms shit themselves.
        precisely why i'd never consider one.
        I hope when i die, my wife doesn't sell my pinball machines for what I told her I paid for them.

Comment

Looks like the Gillman shrunk and put on some mega weight.

Comment

That toy would look like the crazy frog if you putt goggles and a scarf on it.

Comment

these holos are very simple and inexpensive to make, minimum order 1000pcs but only around $7 each - but we all know why it hasn't (yet) been done............

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
                these holos are very simple and inexpensive to make, minimum order 1000pcs but only around $7 each - but we all know why it hasn't (yet) been done............
                No I didn't know they were easy to make,surely it could be done on the side?
                If I knew how I would do it for myself for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wamprat View Post
                  No I didn't know they were easy to make,surely it could be done on the side?
                  If I knew how I would do it for myself for sure.
                  I have had a similar thing made for a customer several years ago now. It is 'simple' in the sense that it is dead easy for the right Chinese factory to make (as were the originals by the way) not easy for someone to make at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
                    Yeah I found the same problem, being a min order of 1000.
                    WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

Can someone explain what it is exactly that makes the holgram fade away to nothingness?
                      At the end of the day the parts are

A globe
                      A mirror
                      A piece of film with an image on it.

My CFTBL hologram is pretty good actually and I cant understand what happens to them over time?

Personally I dont see it as a HUGE deal in making a decision whether or not to own this title as it REALLY doent come on 'that' often in gameplay.

YES it is an important part of the game appearance wise but for something that would only be seen at most 5% of the gameplay time I fail to see the big deal made of it. The most common question I get asked when people play the game is 'when does the creature appear'

Comment

Originally posted by Wotto View Post
                        Can someone explain what it is exactly that makes the holgram fade away to nothingness?
                        At the end of the day the parts are

A globe
                        A mirror
                        A piece of film with an image on it.

My CFTBL hologram is pretty good actually and I cant understand what happens to them over time?

Personally I dont see it as a HUGE deal in making a decision whether or not to own this title as it REALLY doent come on 'that' often in gameplay.

YES it is an important part of the game appearance wise but for something that would only be seen at most 5% of the gameplay time I fail to see the big deal made of it. The most common question I get asked when people play the game is 'when does the creature appear'

I agree totally, there is so much more to this game than the hologram and although it lights up during multiball I am far too busy watching the 2 balls than the creech. Having said that I will miss him when he goes to the bottom of the black lagoon for good. My holo is in good shape too but I am going to try the greenup holo kit as well which is just a green led and a green mirror as a backup.

Comment

Couldn't you do the same method that the creature in Monsterbash is done. Affect is great and looks more closer to the creature in CFTBL

Comment

I think the hologram is important in this pin, after all, its based on a 3D movie and the hologram is a feature which follows the whole movie/theme. If ya theme a pin, its gotta work 100% or whats the point?

Comment

$99 DIY hologram kit: here.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X