X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its so hard to say goodbye!

- You've hit your self imposed limit.
    - You've hit your wife's limit.
    - You've hit the limit of the amount of money you want tied up in machines.
    - You've run out of space.

That next great pin becomes available. Shit, which one do I get rid of?

How do you decide when you're happy with the current collection to part with one? Which one do you pick? Do you find it hard - or easy? Is there always a pin in your collection that you like less than the rest? Discuss
    The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
    SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

I'm at that place at the moment It's going to be hard to pick

Comment

I,m there too. Dont want to sell anything that I currently have . But always looking for another. Have only ever sold 3(solar ride, Hulk, close encounters 3rd kind)
      PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

I am the same one in one out

TZ going

Comment

Yes, it is extremely hard thing to do.

I have renovations coming up and soon need to cut the collection down from 5 to 2 permanently. Not quite sure how I will bring myself to actually do it?
          The Pinball Network
          https://www.facebook.com/pinballnetwork

Comment

Originally posted by fridgejam View Post
            Yes, it is extremely hard thing to do.

I have renovations coming up and soon need to cut the collection down from 5 to 2 permanently. Not quite sure how I will bring myself to actually do it?
            SP stays, just go eeny meeny mynie moe with the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Ball View Post
              SP stays, just go eeny meeny mynie moe with the rest
              Like you'd get rid of Fish Tales!
              "And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside,
              far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sounds of Tubular Bells"

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Like you'd get rid of Fish Tales!
                yep I would for the right $$$ (then buy another straight away lol)

Comment

Mrs Furbs and I have been having the same discussion in preparation for reaching our limit. Basic problem is that we can fit 4 or 5 pins in the house and any more will need to go in the garage (garage not really suited to a games area though )

Have already talked about what we are looking for come new pin day (will be a while after getting MM), as well as whether or not the three titles we have should stay or go. At this point in time all three of our pins are keepers (Judge Dredd, Getaway and Medieval Madness)

I keep Mrs Furbs playing other machines as much as possible to make sure that we are sure that the titles we are chasing are the ones we will like once they hit the Furball household. Research, research, research. Luckily the number of AAers having meets makes the choosing of new pin titles a bit easier, and much more enjoyable.

The look on Mrs Furbs face when I asked if we should get rid of any of the current titles was enough to convince me that they should stay
                  Dave
                  ************************************************** *******************
                  Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

I think you should get rid of SS if you have one.Crap game.
                    sell it to me

Comment

I think AA could use a Pin Swap List. Guys list titles they own, and those they would consider swapping for. Just need sum1 to keep it updated, I wouldnt mind doing that.

Sorta like the owners list, but with a swap-for twist.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Ball View Post
                        I think AA could use a Pin Swap List. Guys list titles they own, and those they would consider swapping for. Just need sum1 to keep it updated, I wouldnt mind doing that.

Sorta like the owners list, but with a swap-for twist.
                        I think we should have a pinball lucky dip!

you have a $1k, $2k, $3k, $4k box and we all chuck a pin in the box and pull out a new one.

Completely random and we do it every 6 - 12 months
                        We're the renegades of funk

Comment

I am two pins over the space allocation. One of them is an easy decision (an old Em that I don't play any more). But the other...

I'm going to sell the pin I feel like I've "beaten" and as a result don't play all that much anymore.

(It'll either be a Starship Troopers or a Medieval Madness. I'll re-rubber and clean it all up before I put it on sale though. That'll be my next after hours project.)

Comment

I'm at 5 pins, with a self imposed limit of 8 (the room I've got will fit 8) - there are at least 5 pins i've got my eye on, and none I want to move on
                            The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
                            SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

Comment

these things are like children but cost a lot less Ive had my big hurt for three years now and he is a keeper. I've just gotten the flints and she is a keepr but Im not so sure on the Demolition man yet but Id find it hard sell it just because it gives me something else to play and its like choosing a favourite child. There are some you like more but you wouldn't sell them....
                              In: Houdini, Iron man, SWLE, TWDLE, Whitewater, WOZ and Xmen
                              Out: Avengers Hulk, BOP, BSD, Demo man, Elvis, Flintstones, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Frankenstein, The Getaway:HS2, Gorgar, Grand Slam, Hobbit, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings, METPrem, Roadshow, RZ, Shadow, Spider-Man, STTNG, WCS, Wheel of Fortune, Wild life, WWELE

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X