Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever decided you would never do business with a specific dealer again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever decided you would never do business with a specific dealer again?

No names please, but I'm wondering if you've ever had an experience with a dealer that made you decide never to deal with them again.

Seems every time I meet someone involved in pinball, they always have a story about someone they would never deal with again (only other hobby I've seen this in is cars).

Feel free to post your experience, but remember - no names.
    The Barn - 2020 - 7th and 8th of August
    SHPC - 2020 - Pukekohe

I have, and that's how i ended up here. Nuff said.

Comment

Haven't had any major issues with anyone i have dealt with
      commercial or private..so good so far i guess

Comment

It is a weird hobby...... when we feel someone has not acted in an "honest " manner we tend to get a bit upset.

Business is generally a process of getting someone to give you something more valuable (money) for another thing that is less valuable (their product or service). That's how they create a profit and stay in business!!!

We (in the hobby) treat it more like a family.

Commercial traders are in a business,

So misunderstanding are bound to occur!

My 2c

Luke

Comment

No, but I will keep my eye WIDE open on any future dealings

Comment

nope. If they have something I want, I'll buy it.
            I hope when i die, my wife doesn't sell my pinball machines for what I told her I paid for them.

Comment

Nope, but its all a matter of getting to know the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Ball View Post
                Nope, but its all a matter of getting to know the beast.
                Leave me out of it EB

And have had no issues with any dealers....but have heard plenty of people that have, some with good reason, some that I wouldn't have held a grudge over.
                Wanted: Harlem Globetrotters Pinball

Comment

Sadly, yes - not one but 2 of them
                  looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

More then 1 , when people are involved in deception I will always take exception to it regardless of who it is.

Comment

Yes a popular O/S seller stuffed up my order twice and wouldn't send through the correct product after I complained both times. I've learned to go without and haven't used this seller again.
                      WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

Originally posted by lukex View Post
                        It is a weird hobby...... when we feel someone has not acted in an "honest " manner we tend to get a bit upset.

Business is generally a process of getting someone to give you something more valuable (money) for another thing that is less valuable (their product or service). That's how they create a profit and stay in business!!!

We (in the hobby) treat it more like a family.

Commercial traders are in a business,

So misunderstanding are bound to occur!

My 2c

Luke
                        +1 what Luke said .
                        Try buying NIB,HUO and / or from reputable collectors .

Comment

Yes, I have had a bad experience with a dealer and will not buy through them again. In short things were stated that turned out to be lies, condition, damage etc.

I think most would have had some sort of negative experience with a dealer at some stage.
                          Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

Who that moran in Huntingdale?

Comment

I have dealers that I prefer to deal with. I have some that I would rather not deal with due to some things that I have seen said and done. To their credit, I have NEVER been ripped off in a deal buying stuff from any commercial dealer anywhere in the world. I have had private sellers mis-represent stuff, but that is a different story.

It seems to me that the majority of problems with commercial sellers on the whole relate to complete machine sales rether than parts sales. Unfortunately it can take a bad buy for someone to really come to grips with the idea that they need a LOT of high res photos to accurately judge the condition of a machine before buying. Even then a photo may hide or accentuate a problem depending on light, angle etc. Regardless of the seller I would be unlikely to buy a machine without either seeing it i person, or at the very least getting a critical description from another member whos opinion I trust.
                              Dave
                              ************************************************** *******************
                              Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X