Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Getting worse at a game, rather than better

When I got my LOTR LE a couple of weeks ago, I posted that I'd destroyed the ring on the first night, and was worried that the game was proving to be too easy.

Dirty Daz said in that thread, "Don't worry, the more you play, the harder the game gets."

And strangely, that's exactly what's been happening to me. Whereas I was finding it hard to lose balls in the first week, and quickly populated the high score table with scores above 150 million, for the past week I haven't managed a score above 60 million.

What's happening to me...?! :o

Has this ever happened to you...? Any theories on why this might happen...?

I've had this happen before too.

I reckon its because you know what shots you need to achieve/make to progress to the next mode or mini game and as a result you can often attempt those shots when it isnt really on and can often get burned with drains.

I have found the more i get to know a rule set the better i get at progressing modes but the lower my scores seem to get at the end of a game!

I've had this happen before too.

I reckon its because you know what shots you need to achieve/make to progress to the next mode or mini game and as a result you can often attempt those shots when it isnt really on and can often get burned with drains.

I have found the more i get to know a rule set the better i get at progressing modes but the lower my scores seem to get at the end of a game!

Exactly, the more you get into the rule set sometimes you start to narrow your shot focus instead of maintaining a good flow which keeps the ball away from the center and outlanes. I found that if I play the game and only hit the sequence shot I want when it really presents itself I do better.

What is your replay value?

I've had it as high as 101 million, but now it's oscillating between 42 and 21 again as I have 3 sucky games for one good one :(

Changing Destroy the Ring to 2 ball mode definitely made it harder. And as was said above, I have noticed that I'm losing balls during multiball as I keep going for the required shots instead of just keeping the balls in play.

I think maybe as the rubbers lose their total new rubber bounciness it also adds to the number of outlane drains(...?)

I've had it as high as 101 million, but now it's oscillating between 42 and 21 again as I have 3 sucky games for one good one :(

Changing Destroy the Ring to 2 ball mode definitely made it harder. And as was said above, I have noticed that I'm losing balls during multiball as I keep going for the required shots instead of just keeping the balls in play.

I think maybe as the rubbers lose their total new rubber bounciness it also adds to the number of outlane drains(...?)

101 million no wonder yours is so hard to play!. Play someone elses & you will kick ass! & no the rubbers should be fine after all the machine is new!

I changed the balls last night, changed the metal plastic protectors to plastic ones, installed a Path of the Dead deflector, and gave the playfield a wipedown ... and then scored 160 million.

I'm not sure which of the above made the difference LOL.

I read the rules for the first time last night. This too could have an impact on future scores ... though I can't be certain whether the impact will be positive or negative :)

I changed the balls last night, changed the metal plastic protectors to plastic ones, installed a Path of the Dead deflector, and gave the playfield a wipedown ... and then scored 160 million.

I read the rules for the first time last night. This too could have an impact on future scores ... though I can't be certain whether the impact will be positive or negative :)

luck may'bee!

I always find that once I have given a pin some love, it seems to reward me with one blinding game - even a HS !......then I go back to being terrible at it.