Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The World's Most Evil Pinball Machine

I am convinced I own the world's most evil pinball machine.

I purchased the machine, a World Cup Soccer 94, from the appropriately-named "Undertaker6000" of eBay, two years ago. It was in poor condition..,. dirty, cracked ramps, many broken plastics, broken targets, and an inoperable soccer ball motor. But I spent a few hundred dollars fixing it, even installing a custom soccer ball shooter and sourcing a rare original NOS spinning soccer ball from the US.

But did the machine love me back for the hours and dollars I put into restoring it...? No. Instead, it just keeps punishing me.

This machine has so many supernatural ways of draining the ball that I'm convinced it's possessed. For example:

1. Until recently, any shot up the left orbit would exit the right orbit and go into the left outlane instantly. It was absolutely uncanny. It didn't matter what angle I put the playfield at, or how I adjusted the rails, that shot would always end draining up in the left outlane. I recently fixed this problem by resorting to a non-standard mod ... a rubber on the post at end of the right orbit. That kicks the ball up as it exits the orbit. But even now, the ball always ends up bouncing between the slings, which too often leads to an outlane drain.

2. There's a kickback feature on the left outlane which is supposed to SAVE outlane drains. But if the goal is lit and the soccerball is spinning, the kickback usually sends the pinball onto the soccerball, where it spins back into the same - now UNLIT - outlane, and drains. It's eerie.

3. Balls keep hitting the inlanes just above the flippers, bouncing just a little higher than a flipper can reach, and doing straight down the middle. I've never seen this weird bounce and drain so consistently on any other machine. It's incredibly frustrating to have the ball land JUST out of reach of the flippers, bounce JUST higher than a flipper can reach, and then go down the middle JUST out of the reach of the flippers.

As a result of all of the above, I hardly ever get a replay on this machine. It's the only machine in my collection where I can't raise the replay level above factory.

Worse than it's own inherent malevolence is the way that this machine is making me evil, too. My consistent failure to score replays often tempts me to add-a-ball up to the maximum of six - which in my books is basically cheating - just so that I can occasionally reach the World Cup Final mode.

So, this machine is clearly evil. I think I am going to have to have someone perform an exorcism on it.

I feel your pain.The 3 points you have stated all ways happen to me in some form.I have days when i can score 2-3 billion.Or other days i just can get going.Last week i posted my lowest score of just 28 million.

Keep at it.

Use the manga save to your advantage when the ball hits on the top part of the flipper.It works for me.I do hate it when it hits the top flipper and goes straight down the guts.

But the right side drain lane is the bloody worst.Always gets me.

I have days when i can score 2-3 billion.Or other days i just can get going.Last week i posted my lowest score of just 28 million.

This sounds like the perfect pin to own. On my poto i can get a high score of 64 mill, then other days cant crack 1 mill. You wont tire of it easily, thats for sure:lol

It just sounds like it needs some tweaking. A shot to the left orbit comes out and hits the left sling somewhere for me and has NEVER gone to the left outlane.

The kickback on the left outlane will save the ball again if the ball is returned straight to it after it has just been saved and this, on my machie is pretty rare. The ball either goes in the goal, giving you the cool bicycle kick animation on the DMD and 10mill points or it just comes back down around the flippers after hitting the ball

Balls pretty much die on my machine when they hit just above the flipper, maybe you could try making it a little steeper?

Right side is where the majority of balls drain. I verified that on my game via the audits and i reckon itd be the same for most WCS owners.

Just keep practicing, the world cup final is an awesome mode and is very challenging. I think a good strat for WCS is to complete the multiball ASAP and milk victory laps for the rest of your credit while trying to advance cities and score the ultra bonuses.

Id also look at re-enforcing the metal stop behind the saucer kick-outs [light free kick] as they cop a hammering and come lose all the time and are a real bastard to get to. I drilled through the playfield and used a small bolt/washer/nut and they are bulletproof now.

PS. I agree that buy-ins are cheating :p