Late 70s early 80s Solid State pinballs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 70s early 80s Solid State pinballs

Over the past few moths I have played a number of machines and I have to say the sound effects suck. Compared to my EM machines this things only have one tone and it is annoying.

I am currenlty looking for a mid 80s onwards SS pinny with ramps I hope they sound better than the earlier machines.

I will now go and put on my flame suit.

I can see your point but there is enough there to keep me going on the early solid states. Some have great sound. Have you ever played a Flash Gordon? I am selling a Space Shuttle shortly. It has typical sounds speech and bells. I think it's a pretty cool machine, I love the effect you get with the bell.

Comment

Originally posted by garuda
      I can see your point but there is enough there to keep me going on the early solid states. Some have great sound. Have you ever played a Flash Gordon? I am selling a Space Shuttle shortly. It has typical sounds speech and bells. I think it's a pretty cool machine, I love the effect you get with the bell.
      I will put that on my list of games to try, let me know when you want to sell it I will come have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Tracy
        I will put that on my list of games to try, let me know when you want to sell it I will come have a look.
        I'm currently shopping it. It is stripped down and the old mylar is being removed and then I'll clear coat it. Which older SSs have you played? I love the squawk and talk SSs also. They have pretty cool sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by garuda
          I love the squawk and talk SSs also.
          I havent tried these yet, so far it has been 79-81 Williams and Gottileb

Comment

HEY !!! Watch it
            I love my SS pins and I love the sounds on them

Think of Flash - the first game with increasing/ dramatic sounds as you build points

Time Warp has excellent sounds for it's time

Firepower !!!!!
            Did I mention Firepower??

What games did you play??

What's that noise I hear comin up the street? Is it the Home Ice Cream van dingin his bell.......oh .....no.......it's just an old EM pinnie getting played

Comment

The most recent two are Hot hand and Solar Ride. I have not tired any later pins such as 1982 onwards yet

At least the chimes in the EM have three tones unlike the home ice cream man.

Comment

Well then, theres ya problem - they do have ordinary sounds ( HH is fun to play but?? - U think? )

Try a few more - there are a LOT better out there than those 2 as far as audio goes.

I actually wish I had a for my local Home Ice Cream guy- man- ALL DAY Saturday ALL we hear is that ****ing bell !! Might just settle for

Comment

I bought my CE3K BECAUSE of the simple sound system!

I think Gottliebs were the first SS machines I played, I just needed to have at least one machine that goes 'Boop,boop, boop'. 'Beep, Beep'

The early ballies can be anoying, but maybe I have had those machines for too long !

Na

Comment

For some reason the sound effects of Black Hole stick in my mind.

That and 'Gorgar'!
                    Q.Are we not men? A.We are DEVO!

Comment

firepower is just a cheap williams whats annoying is hankins fj

Comment

Well as unpopular as they seem to be I use to really like the early 80's Stern SS pinballs, especially for the sound QuickSilver and SeaWitch spring to mind.
                        Last edited by StevOz; 9th September 2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

and the somewhat out of place chimes on sterns stars

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X