Is this a good Top 20 list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good Top 20 list

I am trying to put a top 25 must have machines list together, in order of factors including looks, sound, playability, nostalgia, resale values and importantly investment, (because i dont like superannuation )
    Does anybody have any suggestions that a machine needs to be added, or removed due to major problems etc.

Also if you have one of these that is in almost perfect condition for sale, please let me know. Dealers etc please PM me.

The list was 20 before, but to hard to decide, even though ill be 100 before affording all these.

Twilight Zone
    Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Theatre of Magic
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    The Addams Family/ Gold
    Attack from Mars
    Indiana Jones
    Cactus Canyon
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Jarrasic park
    Creature from the Black Lagoon Bally
    revenge from mars
    Funhouse
    Scared Stiff
    White Water
    The Getaway HS2
    The Shadow
    Dracula
    Roadshow
    Whirlwind
    Corvette
    safe cracker
    No good gofers (for the kids)
    Last edited by ezyprofit; 23rd May 2009, 11:06 PM. Reason: Now going top 25
    Make yourself a Cap

if all you want is DMD's then that would be ok. you could argue around the fringes but you would be better to play as many as you can and then pick the top 20 that you like the best. plenty of ppl hate TZ and others on that list...

Comment

As Stu said, if it is just DMD's, then the top 10 or so speak for themselves....it is the second half of the list that would come down to each individuals preference.

CC would be higher due to collectability, and also swap TAF for a gold edition.

I would have Corvette, JP, Dracula in there somewhere....though could change next week
      Wanted: Harlem Globetrotters Pinball

Comment

Cool, I was thinking about dropping simpsons, LOTR and spider man being newer machines, but they keep coming up on various rankings pretty high,
        Make yourself a Cap

Comment

that my be your top twenty, buut it is not mine

Comment

AFM, MM, and RFM is top 3 for me.
            Dont put much faith in popularity lists.

Comment

A lot of people would also have GNR and a Dr Who in there as well.
              Wanted: Harlem Globetrotters Pinball

Comment

OK spider man going out, RFM going in.
                Make yourself a Cap

Comment

SafeCracker needs to be on that list.

EDIT: Looks like you just did

I'd have Black Hole and Haunted House on there somewhere too.

Comment

ipdb list

1. 8.57/10 1993 Twilight Zone by Bally 275 user ratings: Art:8.6 Audio:8.2 Playfield:8.8 Fun:8.7
                    2. 8.47/10 1992 The Addams Family by Bally 186 user ratings: Art:8.3 Audio:8.7 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.5
                    3. 8.41/10 1993 Star Trek: The Next Generation by Williams 186 user ratings: Art:8.0 Audio:8.5 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.6
                    4. 8.41/10 1997 Medieval Madness by Williams 168 user ratings: Art:8.5 Audio:8.4 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.4
                    5. 8.38/10 1997 Cirqus Voltaire by Bally 114 user ratings: Art:8.7 Audio:8.2 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.3
                    6. 8.31/10 1995 Theatre of Magic by Bally 116 user ratings: Art:8.7 Audio:8.2 Playfield:8.5 Fun:8.1
                    7. 8.31/10 1998 Monster Bash by Williams 72 user ratings: Art:8.3 Audio:8.5 Playfield:8.3 Fun:8.2
                    8. 8.28/10 1992 Creature from the Black Lagoon by Bally 121 user ratings: Art:8.7 Audio:8.0 Playfield:8.1 Fun:8.3
                    9. 8.24/10 1993 Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure by Williams 153 user ratings: Art:8.2 Audio:8.5 Playfield:8.1 Fun:8.2
                    10. 8.24/10 1995 Attack from Mars by Bally 122 user ratings: Art:8.3 Audio:8.5 Playfield:8.0 Fun:8.3
                    11. 8.24/10 1996 Tales of the Arabian Nights by Williams 68 user ratings: Art:8.8 Audio:8.2 Playfield:8.2 Fun:8.0
                    12. 8.23/10 1996 Scared Stiff by Bally 76 user ratings: Art:8.6 Audio:8.5 Playfield:8.2 Fun:7.9
                    13. 8.23/10 1990 Funhouse by Williams 139 user ratings: Art:8.2 Audio:8.1 Playfield:8.3 Fun:8.3
                    14. 8.22/10 1988 Taxi by Williams 52 user ratings: Art:7.8 Audio:8.1 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.5
                    15. 8.21/10 1988 Banzai Run by Williams 39 user ratings: Art:7.7 Audio:7.9 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.5
                    16. 8.21/10 2003 The Simpsons Pinball Party by Stern 97 user ratings: Art:8.1 Audio:8.3 Playfield:8.2 Fun:8.3
                    17. 8.21/10 1993 White Water by Williams 121 user ratings: Art:8.1 Audio:7.8 Playfield:8.4 Fun:8.4
                    18. 8.20/10 2003 The Lord of the Rings by Stern 140 user ratings: Art:8.1 Audio:8.0 Playfield:8.2 Fun:8.3
                    19. 8.20/10 1993 Jurassic Park by Data East Pinball, Incorporated 89 user ratings: Art:8.0 Audio:8.2 Playfield:8.3 Fun:8.2
                    20. 8.20/10 1986 High Speed by Williams 70 user ratings: Art:7.4 Audio:8.1 Playfield:8.3 Fun:8.6

Comment

Originally posted by beas1973 View Post
                      A lot of people would also have GNR and a Dr Who in there as well.
                      Agree with GnR

Comment

Black Knight?
                        kiss?
                        Firepower?
                        Fireball?
                        Big Ben?

Comment

Black Hole? Funhouse should be further up the top.

Comment

Originally posted by ezyprofit View Post
                            I am trying to put a top 25 must have machines list together, in order of factors including looks, sound, playability, nostalgia, resale values and importantly investment, (because i dont like superannuation )
                            Does anybody have any suggestions that a machine needs to be added, or removed due to major problems etc.

Also if you have one of these in the list that is in almost perfect condition for sale, please let me know.

The list was 20 before, but to hard to decide, even though ill be 100 before affording all these.

Twilight Zone
                            Medieval Madness
                            Monster Bash
                            Theatre of Magic
                            Cirqus Voltaire
                            Tales of the Arabian Nights
                            The Addams Family/ Gold
                            Attack from Mars
                            Indiana Jones
                            Cactus Canyon
                            Star Trek: The Next Generation
                            Jarrasic park
                            Creature from the Black Lagoon Bally
                            revenge from mars
                            Funhouse
                            Scared Stiff
                            White Water
                            The Getaway HS2
                            The Shadow
                            Dracula
                            Roadshow
                            Whirlwind
                            Corvette
                            safe cracker
                            No good gofers (for the kids)
                            R u trying to aquire this list and would you be trying to just get pins that would increase in value or do you wanna play em?
                            AROUND THE LEFT ORBIT, THROUGH THE POP BUMPERS, OFF THE STAND-UPS, INTO THE RIGHT VUK, DOWN THE RIGHT INLANE, UP THE CENTRE RAMP;NOTHING BUT JACKPOT!

Comment

I was hoping to maximize mixing both aspects, If I have say, a Cactus it wouldnt get played to often, thats why i got things like getaway in there for parties, friend kids etc. but still are liked for investment.
                              Last edited by ezyprofit; 23rd May 2009, 08:12 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                              Make yourself a Cap

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X