Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nice Looking Pirates for Sale on Ebay

Hi

New to the forum and looking to buy a new pinball - there is a Pirates of the Caribbean on Ebay that looks really nice - just wondering what people think of it. I have been looking around and it seems cheap( $6000 collectors quality). Opinions would be greatly appreciated asap as the auction ends tomorrow night at around 7.30 pm

Thanks

Rowan

The ad is on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=110389097962

It looks to be in absolute mint condition and home use only the seller has an excellent record on ebay.

I haven't been able to find one for under 7000 in fact the only ones I have seen available for sale on internet here is around 7200-7300 so I would think that 6100 is an excellent price especially as it is home use only. If I can snag it for 6100 or around that I will be wrapped.Only one day to go so here's hoping.

Rowan

Hello,

I have seen this auction & he has listed it a few times before. I don't think there is a real demand for Pirates as it is a bit of a boring game (in my opinion). After playing it a few times it just seemed like work & not fun at all. I did like the artwork though. To read what other think try the following: http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=pirates&searchtype=quick#5163 This is the link to the Pirates entry in the Internet Pinball Database & is limited to pictures & user comments.

Read an indepth review here: http://pinballnews.com/games/potc/index6.html

This is about as unbiased a review as you will get & very informative.

I have played it at bumper action in the city and think it is great couldn't get off it - that's why I want to get one. Had the treasure chest , boat sinking into play field , spinning disk up the top - really had a lot of fun features that I liked and the theme was great. I played other games in there but this was a stand out to me that's why I am interested.

Rowan

Thanks Julie I have looked at the sites and the overall feel is that it is a very good pinball so I think I will go for it- as far as I know the seller has only listed it once as I was watching it and they wanted 7200 this is a big drop and is now in my price range - a lot cheaper than bumper and another place that wants 7250 !!

Thanks for your advise and the links /info much appreciated

welcome aboard

dont take this the wrong way but your posts look like your plugging the machine than buying

for a first time pin buyer this is quite a big leap

Heh. Reading over his posts again, i think you might be on to something there.

If that is the case. Thats just :lame2:

well all posts only in this thread. talks of quality,end time,competitors and the auction

just comes across as generating interest

Now that I have re-read the post I think you may be right. I feel like a bit of a goose for trying to help someone :(

Hi

I have been privately messaged and was able to pick one up for 5800 as long as everything is ok with it, I am going out to look at it on the weekend and if all is ok then I will probably buy - havent seen any pictures yet but the seller says that everyhting is a-ok . Some people on here think that is overpriced but as I said I haven't been able to find one at any pinball website in Australia for under 7200 so I think this is good buying at 5800.

And I like to play it as I said I played it at Bumper for an hour or two and loved it. As for paying to much for a pinball first up I have been told by a mate who has had a pinball that I am better of buying a newer pinball and one that is stern because it is easier to get parts as they are still in operation, I appreciate peoples help on the forum and am only just starting to collect and appreciate peoples feedback

I played it at Bumper for an hour or two and loved it.

....and that is all that is important. It's a personal thing - you love it, then great - especially now it seems you also have a lead on one.

Best of luck landing it and let us know how it goes...

Cheers

Jacob