Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes coast to coast would be ideal. dont think it will be too hard to get a suitor provided it gets the get go from admin and the co op committee.

Comment

giving these guys a go next week

http://www.transdirect.com.au/

done all online and cheaper than pack and send
      you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Just sending a LAI Lowboy with transdirect door to door, Perth W.A. to Milton N.S.W $400, seems like a reasonable price, I let the buyer arrange Payment etc, the company is picking it up Friday between 2 pm and 5 pm

Comment

i got my package no problems thru them and there site is updated well for tracking

Comment

I used Watson's Transport (few times) $175 ex GST from Perth to Melbourne for single pallet space (basically your regular upright). The only down side is that you need to drop off to their depot in Welshpool, don't do door to door. Had a Chase HQ cockpit cab (huge mutha) transported from PRKTKLJOKR for $350 to depot in Melb. good price me thinks. Can pass on the details to anyone on the east coast wanting a cab from Perth.
            sigpicK KNOB!

Comment

that thing was farken huge

Comment

2 uprights from Inverell to Brisbane (depot to depot) for $200. Inverell Freighters

Comment

I just made an enquiry on shipping for a "track and field" upright i spotted on ebay.

They quoted me $950 via sea, 35 - 40 days...........

Does this sound right..???????

Comment

^^

Wheres it coming from and where is it going to...?

Comment

Originally posted by WOKA View Post
                      ^^

Wheres it coming from and where is it going to...?
                      Thats from Lenoir City, Tennessee, to Sydney.

According to, thestationonline.......

"The shipment is based on weight and dimensions as well as destination."

Just seemed a little steep. I was hoping for $300 to $400 or something like that....

Maybe i'm living in a dream world..

Comment

Last year I shipped a Seeburg Juke from Florida to Melb.

Time sounds right.

Cost me about 1K AUD plus landing costs - GST etc.

Only worth it if you could not get the item in OZ at all!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lukex View Post

Only worth it if you could not get the item in OZ at all!!!!!
                          Yer i know...

Look's like i'll have to get a local one and pull the internals out and make a replica cab with all the nice decals and such..

Comment

Well i just wanted in on this thread...

Hmmmm... shipping...

Try 2 x 40 foot shipping containers.. USA to Adelaide..

they are due here in Adelaide mid' September, & can tell you from the running quotes i've had (mind you they are not landed yet) each machine will cost around $350.oo to $400.oo for the freight, customs, local fees + taxes etc..
                            this could still be high or it may go lower.. but i figger around the mark..

Comment

I am thinking bidding for something on ebay that is in Perth (pick up only) as it will need to be sent me near Brisbane.
                              What would be a good choice for freight. It will be a smaller item 800mm x 50mm and 10K approx.

Would Cope Transport do the job if the seller isn't prepared to pack it?

If they are willing to pack it would Oz post be ok or is there a better choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan555 View Post
                                I am thinking bidding for something on ebay that is in Perth (pick up only) as it will need to be sent me near Brisbane.
                                What would be a good choice for freight. It will be a smaller item 800mm x 50mm and 10K approx.

Would Cope Transport do the job if the seller isn't prepared to pack it?

If they are willing to pack it would Oz post be ok or is there a better choice?

OK ..

Oz post will take up to 20kg.. & 1m x 1m..

so may be good to get a A.A. member to pick it up & post if they will not..

But offer the eBayer extra to pack & post it for you..
                                i do this alot & most people happy to do it for an extra $5.oo..

Good Luck

Edit :- i've sent car cylinder heads & flywheel's via the post..

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X