?Learn to love? a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?Learn to love? a game?

How long does it usually take for your to ?rate? a game?

Usually it just takes one game for me to decide if there is enough ?fun factor? in a game for me to like it
    A deep rule-set can wait, my first priority is ?fun?
    (What is the point of a deep rule-set if you are not having fun?)

I have had a LOTR for 3 months now, (I did not play before buying), and it is only this weekend I started to enjoy playing it
    (OK, sure, I have had to ?tweek? the machine a bit to play right)
    But now I want to play, rather than me thinking that I should try to get some enjoyment out of it

Any one else that had to ?Learn to love? a game?

yeah i can pretty much decide whether a game is for me after the first few games but the first time i played TZ I thought it was shit but when I played Savages machine I really enjoyed it.
    The original machine had weak flippers and was pretty average all round so lesson learned not to judge a game until you play a 100% working machine.

Comment

I had to "learn to love" my TZ. Took me about 2 months to really get it and now its my fav

Basically, I don't think you can judge a pin after 1 or 2 games

Comment

I still do not know if I like Indiana Jones (the Bally/Williams version)

The first time i played it, hated it
        the next time, I loved it
        third time, hated it again

Comment

Deep rule set games have to be played quite a bit to appreciate them.

I dont get TZ or STNG, cant see the fuss, but have only played a few games on each (gunna give Jules's machines a good workout hopefully).

Simple games like Fistales I enjoyed during the first ball ever played, but sadly as it was my only machine I got bored with it.

What games would you say have medium rule sets?

Originally posted by Pop Bumper Pete View Post
          I still do not know if I like Indiana Jones (the Bally/Williams version)

The first time i played it, hated it
          the next time, I loved it
          third time, hated it again
          Thats another I dont get lol
          Last edited by Fish Tales; 12th April 2009, 10:22 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Ball View Post
            Deep rule set games have to be played quite a bit to appreciate them.

I dont get TZ or STNG, cant see the fuss, but have only played a few games on each (gunna give Jules's machines a good workout hopefully).

Simple games like Fistales I enjoyed during the first ball ever played, but sadly as it was my only machine I got bored with it.

What games would you say have medium rule sets?

Thats another I dont get lol
            simple games for simple people aye

Comment

I agree it takes time to really enjoy and understand a pin....

I have had Monopoly for about 3 months and I am just now getting a full understanding of the rule set...

There have been pins that I didn't enjoy playing at first and after about 20-30 games started to like playing them from understanding what had to be hit and when....Games like these would have struggled on-site I reckon.
              Wanted: Harlem Globetrotters Pinball

Comment

yup..took over 60+ games before i sarted getting into simpsons pinball party
                3 months on 400+ games i am still finding new stuff.... now i love it,will never sell
                has taken this long to work out half the rules.... lol
                ps..still havnt got alien invasion yet

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                  simple games for simple people aye
                  yep....... and hows that bike riding going trav? lost any puppy fat yet?

Comment

its still in the box

Comment

It took me a while to get into TZ, too.

SafeCracker was a big disappointment the first few times I played it. But once I came to understand its rules and appreciate its complexities, it became my favourite pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                        its still in the box
                        Pain in the arse to assemble anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Ball View Post
                          Pain in the arse to assemble anyway.
                          Pain in the arse when assembled....literally

Comment

Originally posted by silverbak View Post
                            I had to "learn to love" my TZ. Took me about 2 months to really get it and now its my fav

Basically, I don't think you can judge a pin after 1 or 2 games
                            Agree 100%, but I didn't know the rule set then. Once I knew what to go for, I thought it was a great game. I think all games can be like this unless you enjoy just keeping the ball in play and enjoy the light show

Comment

I have learnt some rulesets on pins by watching other people play and reading the DMD and being able take the time to see what lights up instead of following the pinball around and trying to do read DMD/see what's lit up at the same time.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X