Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

?Learn to love? a game?

How long does it usually take for your to ?rate? a game?

Usually it just takes one game for me to decide if there is enough ?fun factor? in a game for me to like it

A deep rule-set can wait, my first priority is ?fun?

(What is the point of a deep rule-set if you are not having fun?)

I have had a LOTR for 3 months now, (I did not play before buying), and it is only this weekend I started to enjoy playing it

(OK, sure, I have had to ?tweek? the machine a bit to play right)

But now I want to play, rather than me thinking that I should try to get some enjoyment out of it

Any one else that had to ?Learn to love? a game?

• Administrators

yeah i can pretty much decide whether a game is for me after the first few games but the first time i played TZ I thought it was shit but when I played Savages machine I really enjoyed it.

The original machine had weak flippers and was pretty average all round so lesson learned not to judge a game until you play a 100% working machine.

Deep rule set games have to be played quite a bit to appreciate them.

I dont get TZ or STNG, cant see the fuss, but have only played a few games on each (gunna give Jules's machines a good workout hopefully).

Simple games like Fistales I enjoyed during the first ball ever played, but sadly as it was my only machine I got bored with it.

What games would you say have medium rule sets?

I still do not know if I like Indiana Jones (the Bally/Williams version)

The first time i played it, hated it

the next time, I loved it

third time, hated it again

Thats another I dont get lol

Edited by Fish Tales
Auto Merged Double Post.

• Administrators
Deep rule set games have to be played quite a bit to appreciate them.

I dont get TZ or STNG, cant see the fuss, but have only played a few games on each (gunna give Jules's machines a good workout hopefully).

Simple games like Fistales I enjoyed during the first ball ever played, but sadly as it was my only machine I got bored with it.

What games would you say have medium rule sets?

Thats another I dont get lol

simple games for simple people aye :laugh:

I agree it takes time to really enjoy and understand a pin....

I have had Monopoly for about 3 months and I am just now getting a full understanding of the rule set...

There have been pins that I didn't enjoy playing at first and after about 20-30 games started to like playing them from understanding what had to be hit and when....Games like these would have struggled on-site I reckon.

yup..took over 60+ games before i sarted getting into simpsons pinball party:cool:

3 months on 400+ games i am still finding new stuff....:o now i love it,will never sell

has taken this long to work out half the rules.... lol

ps..still havnt got alien invasion yet

I had to "learn to love" my TZ. Took me about 2 months to really get it and now its my fav

Basically, I don't think you can judge a pin after 1 or 2 games

Agree 100%, but I didn't know the rule set then. Once I knew what to go for, I thought it was a great game. I think all games can be like this unless you enjoy just keeping the ball in play and enjoy the light show

I have learnt some rulesets on pins by watching other people play and reading the DMD and being able take the time to see what lights up instead of following the pinball around and trying to do read DMD/see what's lit up at the same time.

You and me both Greg . looking forward to finally getting some hands-on experience with a TZ to form my own opinion as to whether it's one for me . Is a pin with quite mixed reviews .... some love it ,some hate it ... guess i'll just have to see for myself . BRING ON THE MEET !!!!!! :laugh:

CV - a work in progress. I've put 4-500 games on my machine now, and I finally appreciate the game (which reminds me, i should update my CV rant thread :)). Not sure If I love it, but I really enjoy having a game or 5 on it now.

TZ - i've played it on roughly 10 seperate occaisions over the years (there was one in the local timezone when I was growing up, and currently one at the local leagues club). I've never seen what the fuss is about. Anyway, a few weeks back I had an extended session on one that was 95% working and decided that I really like it, and wouldn't mine owning one.

WH20 - A machine that was on my must have list, I had quite a few games on it in November and decided that it wasn't as good as I remember from my pinball heyday, but still would own one just because it is pretty unique. Then went to Ryan's the other day, had a few games and decided that actually I do like it a lot.

Funny how things can change.