Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A question about Williams/Bally

In 2005 Wayne Gillard purchased manufacturing rights for Bally & Williams, So why isn't he kicking the US pinball markets arse building Australian pinball machines. What has he done in the last 16 years. It seems such a waste having the rights and doing nothing with them. Mean while were at the mercy of Stern & US manufactures when they get around to us. Just asking...:unsure

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/bally.html

I Soon realised YOU CAN'T

make money building parts or Games in Australia regardless of who does it, they need to be made in the USA, So I assigned the rights to PPS for a Multi Million Dollar fee and they have used the rights to enable JJP and CGC and Stern to make games using Bally Williams IP, and Even Haggis Licensing out the rights to them. I am still a Manufacturer of Licensed Products and work with PPS as a Licensee the same as all the above do. I assist PPS with whatever they need to enable parts to be made to assist licensees, I still retained some game manufacturing rights but for the reasons above have not. Also when you sell a few Hundred games a year you make more money selling them than making them, look at past Pinball Companies Financial History.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Wayne, It would be wonderful to have manufacturing back in Australia and then export to the world. It's not like there isn't a market considering how much pinball machines sell for, one would think it would be profitable & the time is right now. IMO

In 2005 Wayne Gillard purchased manufacturing rights for Bally & Williams, So why isn't he kicking the US pinball markets arse building Australian pinball machines. What has he done in the last 16 years. It seems such a waste having the rights and doing nothing with them. Mean while were at the mercy of Stern & US manufactures when they get around to us. Just asking...:unsure

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/bally.html

It does look promising when you read the article but in real life terms I guess it takes a whole lot of money to manafacture pinball machines to the point of even just breaking even and having the public even like you product, which is what happened with the Thunderbirds pinball machine which was a huge flop that would have cost Mike quite a lot of money

• Like 1

I'm quite shocked at what Mr Stern had to say, 10,000 per year to break even sound like a target to me... Good old Stern, 3rd or 4th most popular when they had competion and now the competion are gone, restrict production to artificaly inflate the price by low production numbers. That is the first time I have ever seen any reference to current Stern production numbers. Extremely disappointing when the major company is happy to produce such low numbers per year the old companies were making per month.
  • Like 1

It does look promising when you read the article but in real life terms I guess it takes a whole lot of money to manafacture pinball machines to the point of even just breaking even and having the public even like you product, which is what happened with the Thunderbirds pinball machine which was a huge flop that would have cost Mike quite a lot of money

Only counts if you make a good game not a dud designed by randoms

• Like 1