Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a Pinball Heretic ! Ball Save on SS and EM Pinball Module !

Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a Pinball Heretic ! Ball Save on SS and EM Pinball Module !

OK, OK ..no nasty comments OK. I made this module for ME ! It is a ball save module that can be fitted to a EM or Solid State pinball.
    It runs off the General Illumination supply.
    How it works (this is the Heresy part )
    On power up the board allows for the pinball boot up time.
    Then it has a 10 second timer, if you start a game at this time window, it disconnects the ball save function and the pinball plays as normal.
    However, if you let the time elapse, the board is then set into ball save mode !
    When the board see's the ball clear the ball trough, the ball save timer starts. This is adjustable via a trim pot on the board from 3-30seconds.
    if the ball hits the ball trough switch in this time, then it kicks the ball out again,
    The board in ball save mode , effectively hijacks the ball trough switch so the main processor cant see the switch ! so no scoring !!!! Brilliant !!!!
    Once the ball save mode has timed out, the ball trough switch acts like it normally does .....
    So, yes, some of you will ask Why ? We'll i dont play as well as some, and my Bally Space Invaders destroys me by rolling the ball around for miles, then perfectly going down the side drain ! I dont get it even close to the flippers ! So stuff you SI....I have adapted and overcome ! and yes I KNOW, Play Better !
    On a side note, this board could be smaller, but its a multifunction board i designed to do all sorts of stuff , depending on how its configured and programmed.

I like it!

The main idea is fun and enjoying your pinball however you see fit I think.

Great work πŸ‘

Comment

I have my EMs set to 5 ball that way you should get a couple of playable balls. That's what makes EMs a player leveller.

great idea though.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant!
        They need ball saves.
        That is one of the most annoying thing about older games / most complained about lacking feature.... no ball save!
        www.pinballmuseum.com.au
        www.facebook.com/pinballmuseum

Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with everything going on at the Australian Pinball Museum: www.pinballmuseum.com.au/?p=Newsletter

Comment

Originally posted by thejudge View Post
          I have my EMs set to 5 ball that way you should get a couple of playable balls. That's what makes EMs a player leveller.

great idea though.
          Yep I do the same. If I have an EM here (only one right now) I set them and bally SS games on 5 Ball. DMD games and Sys. 11 games get 3 ball.

Great idea Grant and I seem to remember (could be wrong) that you've bandied about this idea a year or so ago here.
          http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

I love it, I want one.
            When is it going to be available to buy.
            Not for now, I have no machines that need it.
            But I can see it’s usefulness. πŸ˜€

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Railways View Post

Yep I do the same. If I have an EM here (only one right now) I set them and bally SS games on 5 Ball. DMD games and Sys. 11 games get 3 ball.

Great idea Grant and I seem to remember (could be wrong) that you've bandied about this idea a year or so ago here.
                Good to see you memories have not dimmed with age I did float the idea......just taken years and covid shutting down the Chinese PCB manufacturers to make this a very slow project.
                Im like a glacier with my projects, It might take years and years....but I get it done eventually. Now to fit one on my Centaur....Bad Move Human !

Comment

Originally posted by raysco View Post
                  I love it, I want one.
                  When is it going to be available to buy.
                  Not for now, I have no machines that need it.
                  But I can see it’s usefulness. πŸ˜€
                  Dunno if I will sell these, as a bit tricky to fit depending on a persons skill base. Also I'm a bit weary that if someone fits it wrong and fizzes something, I cop flack over it ! Also I would redesign the board ....all takes time.... but apart from that, maybe

Comment

Mate, the way you play all your games have ball save as standard. You do know if you don't score you get the ball back on the ss games at least πŸ˜‚

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X