Collapse

General Pinball Discussion.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisbane - where to purchase a Pinball?

Hello fellow AA's,

A friend of mine in Brisbane wishes to purchase a Pinball and has asked me to help steer him in a good direction in the greater Brisbane area.

Knowing nothing about this side of things, I am asking - is there a good brick and mortar store where he can browse or people in the hobby local to Brisbane where he could discuss things with a view to obtain a pinball?

He gave me a brief rundown of his preferences - older Star Wars, Judge Dredd, Demolition Man. He mentioned Data East as well. I hope this is enough info to go on to be able to help me, help my friend

Regards
    Wanted - Neo Geo AES games (PM me Please)
    Wanted - CPS2 game boards (PM me Please)

The sponsors section is a good start

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...chine-sponsors

Comment

Also mentioning his budget helps too! If it's very low we can tell him what to expect.

Comment

What about the pinball shed?

Comment

Not sure if the Pinball Shed exists as a sales site any more but happy to be wrong.
          This is a good place to start.
          Facebook : Brisbane And Surrounds Buy Sell and Swap.
          probably the best place to post in Brisbane and the admin is a super genuine pinball guy.

Comment

Try here

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...ball-warehouse
            PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
              Also mentioning his budget helps too! If it's very low we can tell him what to expect.
              Very good question of which I am not sure.

Could I ask for some speculation on yours (and others) behalf in the following categories -

$3000-$5000
              $5000-$8000
              $8000-$10000
              $10K - $15K

Comment

If I was looking for a machine as a first time buyer I’d be looking at a new Stern Pro or Premium model, if budget allows.

Comment

Originally posted by xb74 View Post

Very good question of which I am not sure.

Could I ask for some speculation on yours (and others) behalf in the following categories -

$3000-$5000
                  $5000-$8000
                  $8000-$10000
                  $10K - $15K
                  I have all those in my stable, so what's his budget?

Comment

Just go buy a New Stern Pro any title won’t disappoint him you’ll get warranty and peace of mind. Contact AMD in Sydney they are very reasonable to deal with.
                    The market for used games is so inflated it has made a new purchase look attractive and justified.

Comment

Better still go to one of the local Barcades are play a heap of pinball and decide what suits you.

Comment

Originally posted by raysco View Post
                        Not sure if the Pinball Shed exists as a sales site any more but happy to be wrong.
                        This is a good place to start.
                        Facebook : Brisbane And Surrounds Buy Sell and Swap.
                        probably the best place to post in Brisbane and the admin is a super genuine pinball guy.
                        Howdy Ray, I don't think Tony has had any machines for sale for over 12 months
                        Unfortunate but I think the market made sales with profit rather difficult.
                        I would have thought Arcade King would have mentioned this above as he did work for Tony???
                        Good luck with finding anything otherwise, as the market is seemingly slow at present. And as mentioned, overpriced on older machines.

Comment

Thankyou to all who have chimmed in, I have passed on the info to my mate and let him run with it as he sees fit. Cheers.

Comment

Happy to have your mate over my place show him 80s 90s and new stern and things and people to look out for around these parts.

The barcade idea above is imo great. Netherworld and Pincadia and one up out at Bulimba are the picks.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X