Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Official Williams and Bally software upgrades

Pinoffski

This is a cut and paste from pinside

Planetary Pinball, the sole licensee for Williams Electronics Games, Inc is proud to announce that we will start to release software upgrades for Williamsâ„¢ and Ballyâ„¢ pinball machines.

Ever since WMS closed the pinball division in 1999, the games developed and manufactured by them have been in high regard with players and collectors of pinball machines. And games are continuously being restored to like-new condition. Thanks to a steady supply of new and improved parts, from small mechanical and electrical units, to circuit boards and playfields. Parts made available by Planetary Pinball and domestic and international collaborators. Recent years have also given us a number of new innovations. Bringing the games of yesteryears into a more contemporary look and feel.

Software is the heart and soul of a pinball machine. While a lot of effort went into making software for games, the framework, rules design and special effects, on some games the time has shown a few shortcomings. These might be bugs, like incorrect scoring, game progression being lost, modes being messed up etc. Or rooted in the fact that games were developed with coin drop play on locations in mind. In some cases making them less than ideal for the more contemporary use of home play and high level competition play.

The goal of software upgrades is not to make fundamental changes or redesigns. Neither to upgrade display graphics or sound. The goal is to make minor tweaks and fixes, while keeping the spirit of the game intact. And to strive for having rule changes under the users control via new and expanded feature adjustments.

The premier release is new software for the four games Red & Ted's Road Show™, Creature From The Black Lagoon™, Junk Yard™ and Radical™. Please see individual release notes for details. They are designed and implemented by Søren Worre. A professional software engineer and pinball enthusiast who has obtained the knowledge and the craft to make software upgrades to Williams and Bally pinball machines. They are now available for purchase from our authorized distributers.

This Pinside thread will serve as the official social media platform for these upgrades.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/

Please buy official ROM chips from authorized resellsers.

Action Pinball, UT, USA

Astill Entertainment, ON, Canada

Classic Arcades Inc., PA, USA

Dots and Loops, Denmark, Europe

Matts Basement Arcade, VA, USA

Planetary Pinball, NV, USA

Australian sellers

https://www.rtbb.com.au/

https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/

• Will add quick links from original op's (soren) from pinside in the second post

for the people that are not on pinside

Here is the link for more info

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...tware-upgrades

Edited by Pinoffski
  • Like 6

If more info from the op

New releases

November 2020

--

Creature From The Black Lagoon

Revision 5.0

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.

Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.

Two new feature adjustments.

The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.

Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.

Supports LED lamps.

No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

Release note

--

Junk Yard

Revision 2.0

Summary

The video modes in the game are toned down.

For better flow of the game and because video mode was too easy to repeat playing.

The hugh scoring potential of the Super skill shot now limited.

The under exposed Time machine mode (in competition play) can now be played more than once per game.

Two new feature adjustments.

Improvements

Better suitable for competition play.

Much more enjoyable without the overly exposed video modes.

The Time machine feature is more into play.

Release note

--

Radical

Revision 3.0

Summary

Logic regarding ball lock and multilball progression is made per players individual merit.

Players never loose achevements from ball to ball.

Derandomisation of the multiball Mega-million (jackpot).

Derandomisation of the Snake run award.

Further game elements that was not even for all in multi-player games now equalised.

New Contest game adjustment.

Bug fixes. Points not being awarded. Multiball false start. Ball stock in lock lane. And more.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.

No ball hangup in the lock lane requiring a power cycle.

Still suitable for arcade play via adjustment.

Many bug fixes for a perfected game that plays and awards points as expected.

Release note

--

Red & Ted's Road Show

Revision 7.0

Summary

The city modes sequence is no longer restricted to an east to west route.

With the trading post (Albuquerque) and The west coast (Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles) at certain progression.

New map mode feature adjustment.

Los Angeles mode bug fix.

Improvements

Easier for players to experience the various modes of the game.

Greater variety from game to game.

Strategic choices for playing preferred modes.

Bug fix.

Release note

More info from soren quick link

Title : Creature info

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...77#post2178077

Title : Color Dmd , MikeD mod for Creature , Next game Tom

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...79#post2178379

Proudly presents... New software updates for Mousin Around and Theatre Of Magic.

If interested, please buy from one of the official distributers listed in the first post of this thread.

Thanks.

--

Update  13th October 2021

Mousin' Around!
Revision 5.0

Summery

New feature adjustment adding runmodes to the target bank and center ramp.
Bug fixes.

Improvements

Limits the repeat shot play of the center ramp returning to same flipper.
Reward for controlling a streak of shots to same ramp without hitting other shots.

Release note

--
Theatre Of Magic
Revision 2.0
12 October 2021

Summery

A defect in the Trunk control that could cause it to stop working midgame is fixed.
Compensation for failing outlane ball saver.
Three new feature adjustments to aid fine tuning score balancing and mode difficulty.
Strategic Basement awards in competition play.
In competition play, the multiball is not started as compensation during ball search.
The revision 1.4H Tiger saw motor control is ported to this revision.
The display omits buy-in high scores when buy-in is disabled.

Improvements

Better mechanical device stability for location as well as competition usage.
Better applicability in competition usage in all levels.
Minor bug fixes.

Release note

Edited by Pinoffski
added quick links + info update 10/2021
  • Like 6

Red & Ted's Road Show

Revision 7.0

Summary

The city modes sequence is no longer restricted to an east to west route.

With the trading post (Albuquerque) and The west coast (Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles) at certain progression.

New map mode feature adjustment.

Los Angeles mode bug fix.

Improvements

Easier for players to experience the various modes of the game.

Greater variety from game to game.

Strategic choices for playing preferred modes.

Bug fix.

Release note

@Cursed

• Like 2

Thanks mate, I am the one person on the planet though that does not mind the right to left travel of the game. It makes sense to me that you are travelling across America rather than all over it.

In saying that I have a few different games here, so I don't play it enough for it to shit me. :lol

• Like 2

This is the programmers site. -https://dotsandloopspinball.com/software/

this is where im getting mine from. I feel its the most ethical choice of supplier

this guy has done hard graft for you and made a cool product. now hes offering it for less than the price of a rubber kit??... its crazy....

give him the coin. even if its a bit more. its the right thing to do. dont steal art.

• Like 5

Update from soren

cut and paste from pinside

Hey all

Thank you for the interest, the positive response, the suggestions and game wishes.

Sorry for not responding more to specific posts. But there has been a lot of them. And a lot to do in general this week. As for specific games and specific rules and features, I will rather take that up if and when that project is set to sea.

Let me level expectations a bit. I have a less-is-more approach to making these updates. Not saying that new features, like new champion scores, new modes or wizard modes to games that never got one, is out of the question. But my approach is far less ambitious, if you will, then that.

My approach is to fix bugs of the indisputable kind, to make a better luck/skill balance, to limit overwhelming game features and like wise to lift features that are neglectable. Where a lot of the inspiration is how well the game is applicable to competition play.

I always strive for giving the game the additional iteration in development, as I imaging the original designers could have done back then. Had they a) known of bugs it has taken years to discover, b) had competition play as a design goal and c) had the company been interested in perfecting the game. The last meaning to prioritize resources to update the games (year) after production had ceased and the last in stock was sold.

Round the game off, I say to myself. The playfield is there and cannot be changed and has to be true. Meaning score values and objectives written on it has to be true. With nothing made redundant. Same for DMD, sound and the overall concept and content. Just round it off. Give it the final polish.

The luck/skill for competition play is a balance. Because, for better or for worse, having "you're lucky" elements in pinball is actually fun. When playing multiplayer games casually, lock stealing is fun. Having somebody devastated because an opponent gets the lucky mystery award is fun. And in coin play, the lucky boost can elevate the experience so players like to keep playing.

However, the lucky punch is not showing who the better pinball player is. In competition this cannot be too skewed. On the other hand, ripping out all random stuff can make a game dull and loose its charm. So, believe me, an effort is put into it to balance these things the best.

In this light, let me show you some of the consideration that led to the new Creature.

• The Girl search is one in three random in a two ball multi w/o ball saver. And the right shot has a return that is usually hard to manage. So it is a considerable advantage to be having the luck of the girl at first attempt. One returning to the right flipper.
  • I wanted Girl search same for all players and decided on the girl at second Search made. And third after a jackpot achieved. More difficult, as the game is doubling the jackpot value.
  • The Unlimited millions mode is high compared to what else is offered on Snack bar and Playground award. Especially on Snack, as ball is fed to the right flipper.
  • For Playground it was obvious to have the three modes running in order. And I chose Unlimited millions to go first to have it as an early goal in the game. And an opportunity in the mix with multi, Move your car etc.
  • For Snack bar it was more tricky. I came up with always having it as the first award after a multiball has been played. As victory laps. I knew this could be a tricky solution and put it under adjustments to enable/disable.

During our national championship last year I noticed how this design tended to run both options for Unlimited millions back-to-back. Simply from the natural rhythm of the game. I turned more cold against it for this reason. But did not have any better solution for how to have Unlimited millions at the Snack. So I decided to turn the adjustment to default off. And keep it in.

• I completed Snack bar deterministic design by making the F/L/M letter the first one before first multiball.

With no further de-randomization on Creature. And all three is only active when the game is set to tournament play. Otherwise they run as you know them.

Edited by Pinoffski
fixed some text ect
  • Like 2

Incorrect. RTBB is an Authorized Distributor of PPS through the exclusive agreement with Pinball Inc. Stop spreading misinformation.

No you might buy from Pinball Inc Under Arrangement with IL Pinball Agreement but I can assure you as the License Owner assigned to PPS that it would be a Breach of Contract for you to be a Direct PPS Distributor under the Agreement Between Mr Pinball Australia and PPS.

Check PPS Distributor list to confirm this

No you might buy from Pinball Inc Under Arrangement with IL Pinball Agreement but I can assure you as the License Owner assigned to PPS that it would be a Breach of Contract for you to be a Direct PPS Distributor under the Agreement Between Mr Pinball Australia and PPS.

Mate, you have no clue to which you are speaking. For 15 years you've been the number one pathological liar in the pinball community and after not coming on here for years I see nothing has change. I had a mate like you, he always amazed me how he believed his own lies. They eventually put him on meds and he got much better. Perhaps the same treatment could work for you.

You haven't a clue as to the agreement with RTBB, PPS and Pinball Inc. Actually you might have a clue but your mind is so distorted that you are unable to process the information. RTBB get them shipped from us as we are the shipping hub for them. They get heaps of parts sent to us from the best suppliers all over the US and we bundle it and ship it forward. The one company that is absolutely not a distributor and absolutely cannot be a distributor in Australia is a company located in Bayswater. That is why you'll never see new PPS stuff on their website unless they payed full retail price for it first.

Curious Wayne, why do you trash RTBB parts yet you attempt to buy from them regularly?

Can't wait to see the BS that comes from you in response, if nothing else you are great entertainment.

• Like 4

ask him about the 2 glasses of water *cough cough* he thought he was drinking ....

at the risk of taking this delightful cluster of unprofessional posing 'off topic..' lets just say i use an empty absolut bottle as a water bottle, drink fast but have no sense of taste (everything tastes the same..)

you can guess the rest... not much more work got done that morning but gawd it was funny with 1/2 a bottle of shine onboard at 9am...

now can we talk about sorens achievements please?

• Like 3