General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Williams and Bally software upgrades

This is a cut and paste from pinside

Planetary Pinball, the sole licensee for Williams Electronics Games, Inc is proud to announce that we will start to release software upgrades for Williams™ and Bally™ pinball machines.
    Ever since WMS closed the pinball division in 1999, the games developed and manufactured by them have been in high regard with players and collectors of pinball machines. And games are continuously being restored to like-new condition. Thanks to a steady supply of new and improved parts, from small mechanical and electrical units, to circuit boards and playfields. Parts made available by Planetary Pinball and domestic and international collaborators. Recent years have also given us a number of new innovations. Bringing the games of yesteryears into a more contemporary look and feel.
    Software is the heart and soul of a pinball machine. While a lot of effort went into making software for games, the framework, rules design and special effects, on some games the time has shown a few shortcomings. These might be bugs, like incorrect scoring, game progression being lost, modes being messed up etc. Or rooted in the fact that games were developed with coin drop play on locations in mind. In some cases making them less than ideal for the more contemporary use of home play and high level competition play.
    The goal of software upgrades is not to make fundamental changes or redesigns. Neither to upgrade display graphics or sound. The goal is to make minor tweaks and fixes, while keeping the spirit of the game intact. And to strive for having rule changes under the users control via new and expanded feature adjustments.
    The premier release is new software for the four games Red & Ted's Road Show™, Creature From The Black Lagoon™, Junk Yard™ and Radical™. Please see individual release notes for details. They are designed and implemented by Søren Worre. A professional software engineer and pinball enthusiast who has obtained the knowledge and the craft to make software upgrades to Williams and Bally pinball machines. They are now available for purchase from our authorized distributers.
    This Pinside thread will serve as the official social media platform for these upgrades.
    https://www.planetarypinball.com/
    Please buy official ROM chips from authorized resellsers.
    Action Pinball, UT, USA
    Astill Entertainment, ON, Canada
    Classic Arcades Inc., PA, USA
    Dots and Loops, Denmark, Europe
    Matts Basement Arcade, VA, USA
    Planetary Pinball, NV, USA

Here is the link for more info

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/to...tware-upgrades

If more info from the op

New releases
    November 2020
    --
    Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Revision 5.0
    Summary
    Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
    Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
    Two new feature adjustments.
    The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
    Upgraded lamp procedure.
    Improvements
    Fully suitable for competition play.
    Supports LED lamps.
    No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.
    Release note
    --
    Junk Yard
    Revision 2.0
    Summary
    The video modes in the game are toned down.
    For better flow of the game and because video mode was too easy to repeat playing.
    The hugh scoring potential of the Super skill shot now limited.
    The under exposed Time machine mode (in competition play) can now be played more than once per game.
    Two new feature adjustments.
    Improvements
    Better suitable for competition play.
    Much more enjoyable without the overly exposed video modes.
    The Time machine feature is more into play.
    Release note
    --
    Radical
    Revision 3.0
    Summary
    Logic regarding ball lock and multilball progression is made per players individual merit.
    Players never loose achevements from ball to ball.
    Derandomisation of the multiball Mega-million (jackpot).
    Derandomisation of the Snake run award.
    Further game elements that was not even for all in multi-player games now equalised.
    New Contest game adjustment.
    Bug fixes. Points not being awarded. Multiball false start. Ball stock in lock lane. And more.
    Improvements
    Fully suitable for competition play.
    No ball hangup in the lock lane requiring a power cycle.
    Still suitable for arcade play via adjustment.
    Many bug fixes for a perfected game that plays and awards points as expected.
    Release note
    --
    Red & Ted's Road Show
    Revision 7.0
    Summary
    The city modes sequence is no longer restricted to an east to west route.
    With the trading post (Albuquerque) and The west coast (Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles) at certain progression.
    New map mode feature adjustment.
    Los Angeles mode bug fix.
    Improvements
    Easier for players to experience the various modes of the game.
    Greater variety from game to game.
    Strategic choices for playing preferred modes.
    Bug fix.
    Release note

More info from soren quick link

Title : Creature info
    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...77#post2178077

Title : Color Dmd , MikeD mod for Creature , Next game Tom
    https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/p...79#post2178379
    Last edited by Pinoffski; Today, 06:41 AM. Reason: added quick links + info

Comment

Comment

Looks great. Hopefully we can buy it direct off artist or PPS.

Comment

Originally posted by KJS View Post
          Looks great. Hopefully we can buy it direct off artist or PPS.
          RTBB buys from PPS i think, good if we can buy local

Comment

Yep happy to buy of RTTB

Comment

Originally posted by Pop Bumper Pete View Post

RTBB buys from PPS i think, good if we can buy local
              Be on our site soon
              Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
              Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoffski View Post
                Red & Ted's Road Show
                Revision 7.0
                Summary
                The city modes sequence is no longer restricted to an east to west route.
                With the trading post (Albuquerque) and The west coast (Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles) at certain progression.
                New map mode feature adjustment.
                Los Angeles mode bug fix.
                Improvements
                Easier for players to experience the various modes of the game.
                Greater variety from game to game.
                Strategic choices for playing preferred modes.
                Bug fix.
                Release note
                Cursed
                - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

The only reason I never updated to the better Demo Man roms is because it renders the machine useless onsite. I hope something happens with this news to correct the situation!! .... that Would be cool!

Comment

Ooh, great stuff Dave I've got the creech and roadshow. Great to see these games getting a bit of tinkering and polishing for us home users to enjoy.
                    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Exciting. Thanks for sharing. Give it a week they will probably all be pirated but it’s cool to support the programmer if you can. I don’t really enjoy pinball but I enjoy video modes even less so it’s a win

Comment

We still have to sit down one day and have an Ouzo together mate.
                        http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

He did some great work on theatre of magic to fix the trunk issues when struck during rotation. Also motorised tiger saw for v1. 3 etc

Comment

The ROMs were released after our recent PPS Distributor's order which arrived last week. They will be on the RTBB store as soon as possible.
                            We are the largest supplier of Pinball Ramps in Australia.
                            Distributors for CPR, Pinball Inc, Planetary Pinball, Starship-Fantasy, Ball Baron, Pincore, Cliffy Protectors, Superbands
                            http://http://www.rtbb.com.au/
                            http://https://www.facebook.com/RideTheBoneyBeast

Comment

Originally posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post
                              Thanks mate, I am the one person on the planet though that does not mind the right to left travel of the game. It makes sense to me that you are travelling across America rather than all over it.

In saying that I have a few different games here, so I don't play it enough for it to shit me.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X