Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Group purchase from CPR... anyone interested?

Hi all,

Putting the feelers out there to see if there is interest in organising a group purchase from CPR. Purchasing one playfield is quite cost prohibitive, but shipping costs drop considerably when purchasing in multiples. At this stage confining orders to Melbourne based peeps makes sense logistically, but open to spreading the net wider if suitable arrangements can be made.

There are already 2 people interested with no immediate rush to order, can assess timeline when/if further interest arrives.

Feel free to discuss in here or pm me direct.

Chris

• Like 2

So from talking with Nino, his suggestion for "best value" was as follows:

• Purchase Playfields direct from CPR which (if ordering one only) will keep value below the $1000 GST threshold. Above this threshold can bring fees between $88 and $380 depending on the officer reviewing your order.
  • Purchase Plastics and Backglasses through RTBB. These are ordered typically every fortnight. Prices are likely on his website, but he estimates backglasses are in the $470 region.

CPR do offer package deals which may make ordering direct more viable, however given the estimated GST and import taxes, such savings my disappear quickly.

Purchasing all though CPR, I'll use Stars as an example:

• Playfield $799 US
  • Backglass $199 US
  • Plastics $100 US
  • Shipping $437 US

with discount

Total ~$1376 US ~ $1935 AUD (Not inc any import fees / GST)

Using Ninos method

• Playfield $799 US
  • Shipping $199 US
  • Backglass ~$470 AUD (RTBB)
  • Plastics $160 AUD (RTBB)

Total ~$2033 AUD (Not inc any import fees / GST), though potential fees on this method would be lower.

• Like 1

OK, that is a lot of detail from which we can make an informed decision, thanks for that. We can also add to the batch order the cost and hassle of shipping from primary destination in Aus out to individual cities.

So it looks like individual orders is the way to go.

BTW I thought GST was payable on every import now no matter how small.

OK, that is a lot of detail from which we can make an informed decision, thanks for that. We can also add to the batch order the cost and hassle of shipping from primary destination in Aus out to individual cities.

So it looks like individual orders is the way to go.

BTW I thought GST was payable on every import now no matter how small.

GST seem to be back to the $1000 limit as every thing I order that’s under it gets through no problems

some how last year I ordered 2 Playfield from CPR in the same order and they also got through with no GST

• Like 1

GST seem to be back to the $1000 limit as every thing I order that’s under it gets through no problems

some how last year I ordered 2 Playfield from CPR in the same order and they also got through with no GST

It’s a hit and miss. Depends who’s checking stuff coming in.

• Like 1