General Pinball Discussion.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data east lock ball and plunger help!

Hi All,

Looking for some help with my wwf RR data east machine.

Just replaced the coils and diodes on both the lock ball and plunger assembly but they both don’t seem to be working since.

Before I got to this point, the plunger was locked on startup. Secondly I then added the diode on the wrong way and received some lovely ghost smoke from the cpu (quickly turned it off) flipped the diode and no more locked plunger.

Game plays when I pop the ball out myself and press tag, but something doesn’t feel right.

All fuses have been tested and appear Ok! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

probably taken out a transistor as well
    Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
    Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballypinball View Post
      probably taken out a transistor as well
      I think at the very least it will have only taken out a transistor,
      You will need to check the tip36 on the PPB board then check the transistors on the cpu board and be prepared to start looking at the 7408 and PIA that this coil uses
      High voltage coil failures on DE games can be a pita

Comment

Originally posted by GIBO View Post

I think at the very least it will have only taken out a transistor,
        You will need to check the tip36 on the PPB board then check the transistors on the cpu board and be prepared to start looking at the 7408 and PIA that this coil uses
        High voltage coil failures on DE games can be a pita
        Thanks for the info. I checked PPB and that seems to be fine. Have started looking through transistors which also seemed fine. 7408’s are next! Appreciate the help.

Comment

Hey all, so I’ve done some investigation and replaced three tip122 transistors as they were cactus. I also replaced the three 2n4401 transistors above and it still didn’t fix the issue (although sound is now back and in the proper sequence) :-)

When testing each transistor, I’ve realised that the far right (q38) reads lower than expected when in the board and compared to the others.. when I take it out of the board it is much higher and reads correctly.. does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen? FYI the Lower reading side is the one next to the capacitor (reads 300 instead of 600).

thanks in advance!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X