Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Quirks Weirdness and Oddities???

DAG

So I was out at a Mates place last night and played "Surfin Safari" and he was kicking my Arse.

That is until my skill shot awarded me the "Chase players Score" Award :unsure. I was on 800k and he was on 11.7 million.

Until my skill shot rounded me up to his score....What a F'ing Bonus.

This has me thinking what is the strangest quirk in pinball?:shrug:

I know Gilligan's Island can award every other player with 1 million points with the left side lane lit correctly.:headbuttwall:

I think The Twilight Zone can pause during a ball with an upheld flipper so you can piss off and get another Beer?:40s:

And if you type "COW" into Medieval Madness the machine will "MOO" at you???

What have you found that is strange, bizarre, or Weird....Other than those you play against???:lol

Share your hidden discoveries....Like you share those mystery skill shots.....Which Flipper do I hold in????:unsure

• Like 3

Bally's Speak Easy 2 is a two player machine but Speak Easy 2 and 4 are the only machines I can think of that allows the player to subtract 25,000 points off your score to get the targets back in order. The feature is activated by a 2nd flipper button on left side of the cabinet.
  • Like 1

some oddities:

Pay extra to buy an instant multiball game on Judge Dredd.

Games with bonus time, such as most Zaccarias awarding a timed ball based on how many targets you hit.

Time Fantasy deducts points if you fail to shoot the lit loop and end up shooting the unlit loop.

Safe Cracker spitting a token out and it rolls along the playfield glass towards you.

Blackwater 100 makes you manually plunge all 3 balls at the start of the game.

Spectrum use of balls, just yeah, you've got to play it.

Air raid siren mounted in the cabinet of Gold Wings

Getaways use of the shifter during gameplay, giving the plunger an actual use after the ball has been launched.

• Like 2

some oddities:

Games with bonus time, such as most Zaccarias awarding a timed ball based on how many targets you hit.

Time Fantasy deducts points if you fail to shoot the lit loop and end up shooting the unlit loop.

Safe Cracker spitting a token out and it rolls along the playfield glass towards you.

Getaways use of the shifter during gameplay, giving the plunger an actual use after the ball has been launched.

It scared the poop out of me when safecracker did that

• Like 2

• Administrators
My favourite is Judge Dredd.

Press both Launch buttons as you collect Sniper when he’s falling.

A dog comes along and pees on his splattered body.

Yeah, sadly I still do that every time I can...…..:041:

• Like 4

some oddities:

Yep....Get the Bonus hold over on last ball on Starlight and get a timed bonus Ball

Found after I purchased it.......

Made a Great game even Better...:cool:

• Administrators
My favourite is Judge Dredd.

Press both Launch buttons as you collect Sniper when he’s falling.

A dog comes along and pees on his splattered body.

The animation on this one really is a cracker.

Just to be clear....

Activate sniper mode, shoot the sniper (he falls out of the tower), shoot him again before the hits the ground then double hit the flippers and it's doggie flavoured golden showers for My Sniper.

• Like 2

The animation on this one really is a cracker.

Just to be clear....

Activate sniper mode, shoot the sniper (he falls out of the tower), shoot him again before the hits the ground then double hit the flippers and it's doggie flavoured golden showers for My Sniper.

I can’t play it without doing it. Even better in colour.

• Like 2